Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Encouraging minors to smoke weed since �03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-14, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Xaine
Major

Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

Originally Posted by RoadRage View Post
I'm assuming latency issues...?

This tech test has very few players for a reason. They are attempting to scratch the surface and see how the game plays outside of their walls. This means they basically want to see that the game can stand up on its own even without high stress levels.

I wouldn't get too down on them for not inviting EU... Their servers are based in the U.S... Not too hard to see their logic behind choosing the small few for what is essentially a overhyped internal test.
They've said this is for testing hardware. No other reason.

There will be people playing on US servers from the EU, so why not test that along with everything else.

It must be a factor that i can't think of, because it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
rTekku
Sergeant

So since i'm too lazy to scroll through 6 pages...

Did anyone here get an invite?
Old 2012-07-14, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Darthkorr
Private

Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
Hey asshole I never even said if I was a vet or not.

I was one of the first in the original game but I haven't been playing it over the years like plenty of other people. I wouldn't expect to get in first which is why I feel the other guys who should be at the top of the list are being ripped off.
Ripped off how? THis is a FREE game. And its because of the devs they are even giving priority access to Vets at all. They DIDNT have to do squat.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
/wrists

oh well the tech test is only 1-2 weeks so potentially we could be in beta by next weekend :3
Smed tweeted: "Tonights invites are all sent. More soon" (TM)

I think we're going to see multiple waves of people getting in, so you MAY be in sooner what 2 weeks.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I don't think vets deserve to get in earlier or anything. Just getting a free priority key is a nice gesture. I didn't pay all that money to get into the PS2 beta. I paid it so that I could play and enjoy PS1, which I did. For me, I got my money's worth already, the PS2 beta is just an extra bonus.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Arrius
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
You do realize there is tens of thousands of vets? Many are not even on this forum. How are you to say there isn't enough in there currently? You were already rewarded with a priority key that is enough. This is for SOE to figure out how PCs run this game. They don't need 1000 people with a Core i7 3930K and GTX 680 SLI setup either.
When they say, "the tech test isn't about priority codes or vet status. It's about tech specs." that is an insult to the vets and those that bought keys. We all know there are thousands of vets who have the pc specs they want so why not invite them? With such a small amount of testers it shouldn't be hard to do.

That's what I'm saying, don't distort it.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

When they say, "the tech test isn't about priority codes or vet status. It's about tech specs." that is an insult to the vets and those that bought keys. We all know there are thousands of vets who have the pc specs they want so why not invite them? With such a small amount of testers it shouldn't be hard to do.

I think you need to step back and take a breather. No one is entitled to anything. Its up to the company to decide what is best for this technical test. Beta still hasn't started yet anyway, it does after this test is over in the next week or two.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Galzus
Corporal

I say let the first wave of suckers spill their blood to help the devs iron out performance issues so the game runs better for the first wave of REAL Beta.

I'm fine not participating in a tech test, as I don't feel like constantly getting CTDs and poor framerates :P
Old 2012-07-14, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Well I didn't get in this round. But eventually I won't be able to say that without lying, and I wan't be able to say anything else due to NDA

Now, how do I simultaneously put Planetside 2 out of my head so that the wait isn't unbearable, while constantly checking my email just in case I got an invite?
Old 2012-07-14, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
RoadRage
Private

Pray for invites tomorrow!

Crap, its Sunday...

._.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Reefpirate
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Well I didn't get in this round. But eventually I won't be able to say that without lying, and I wan't be able to say anything else due to NDA

Now, how do I simultaneously put Planetside 2 out of my head so that the wait isn't unbearable, while constantly checking my email just in case I got an invite?
Steam sale did the trick for me. Been playing Kohan II for the last couple of days.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Drakkonan
Corporal

You guys realize this is a real test, and not a game demo right? They're probably going to lock your characters in place and disable shooting. In fact, I hope they do, just to spite all the people that are desperate to get into this thing with no intention of actually testing.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

The sense of entitlement on these forums is way too high. A lot of you guys need to take a breather and step back.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

The tech test is about your hardware survey, it's not closed beta. It's for drivers and computer configurations that need to be ironed out.

With that said, beta testing isn't about someone's need to play early and have a party. It's about squashing bugs and stressing servers. No one is entitled to anything, IMO, but priority access is a nice gesture by the devs, and they've been stressing that the tech test is a short non-beta for ages, and most seemed okay with that.

And straight up, anyone that thinks buying a magazine that came with a free beta key for funsies is equivalent to paying retail to access to a game is naive, gullible, and kind of a tool - not to mention stupid for trying to BUY access to an incomplete FREE game.

Come in kids, there's more to the world than planetside, find something to do for a week or two and get excited about it like everyone else instead of crying about not being the first one into a tiny pre-beta for testing 4 year old gpu optimization.

Last edited by OnexBigxHebrew; 2012-07-14 at 10:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
rTekku
Sergeant

This is just a technical test man, chill lol. We're still going to be among the first ones into the beta and you never know, you may end up with an invite to the tech test.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion