News: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13 - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to the Majors.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-02, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
VSderp
Private

Re: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13

I really really like this patch. i love the vanu smg and the color changes. and the colors o nthe map(exposions)help alot.. very pleased but little choppy and lag issues but hopefully they will be fixed.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
nyar
Private

"Players in vehicles can no longer capture points."

So you can't drive a sunderer and deploy it at the capture point, instead you have to jump out of it and get shot like a dumbass.

"Added a short invulnerability on newly spawned players. This invulnerability goes away if the player moves or takes any action."

The game adapted to bad players rather than let them adapt to the game. If you're getting shot the second you spawn you probably shouldn't spawn there if you don't want to die. This is like training wheels except the player who has tactical advantage gets screwed.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Perpetual liar? We know you are upset about the change, but there is no need for the personal attacks.
It was a bit of an attack, more sarcasm than anything. No reason to believe me over a dev. I was referencing his post from another thread where he stated they wouldn't be nerfing the maneuverability but in the end...
Old 2013-02-02, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

So far:

Tunnels are a great addition. They start to touch on the Interior layer that we had in PS1, that let players travel to the core facilities without being exposed to the exterior layer of the base. Spawn area upgrades and tower upgrades are quite lovely.

Love the new vehicle pad position for Tech Plants, but now the middle garage with side gates is just a huge liability. If the tops were closed to seal out Light Assault, it would at least be worthwhile to pull a friendly Sunderer in there during a heavy assault. As of right now, it just creates an opening for enemies to enter, with no benefit to defenders because infantry will get murdered if they walk out of that gate.

The Magrider is in trouble now. Its can't climb things that other ground vehicles can climb. It has a hard time getting over small obstacles, so the ability to get extra defense from the vehicle's mobility is now severely limited. This kind of nerf needed to come with a boost to armor, otherwise it is way too severe because it limits the role and intended functionality of the vehicle.

It appears there's currently a bug, causing deployed Sunderers to kill anyone who gets on top of them.

Haven't tried the SMGs yet, quite excited!
Old 2013-02-02, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I refuse to let Buzzcut take credit for Dynamic XP.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-02-02, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
VSderp
Private

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
So far:

Haven't tried the SMGs yet, quite excited!
SMGs are awesome !
Old 2013-02-02, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

My impressions of stuff i've seen so far:

- Getting minor lag issues as well that I normally don't get, seems to come and go though rather than being a constant thing.

- Trialed the VS SMG.. I don't know whether to buy it or hold off until I see what the other SMGs are going to be like, but fuck me that was 30 minutes of epic fun.

- Haven't seen the tunnels (or any of the other base changes) yet, but I just had a battle at Crossroads Watchtower and it went completely differently than it usually does. We lost the tower, but we could actually get out of the spawn room right until the bitter end. Whether that was just a fluke remains to be seen, i'll have to get in a few more tower fights to see.

I love that we can also get back into the tower spawn room (everyone from the top, little advantage for LAs who can get back in from the middle too) after we've left it. I hope we can do the same with all the spawn rooms that you previously couldn't get back into after leaving.

- The new hotspot system is pretty awesome. Definitely a 200% improvement in being able to see where shit is going down.

Edit: Oh, and the changes to the deployment/map stuff are excellent.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-02-02 at 03:09 PM.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Nathaniak
Corporal

Techplant tunnels seem a bit odd (They go to curved building near SCU, rear vehicle bay and a random room at the perimeter). At the amp stations, though, the tunnels lead to the SCU room and to the walls closest to the generators. Looks quite useful.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
satori
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
We know you are upset about the change, but there is no need for the personal attacks.
Damnit! lol...there seems to be no consensus on the Mags performance nerf, or lack there of. Maybe Assist is on to something. Higby did tweet that Magrider hover changes aren't in the patch, but it seems that more than one person here has tested the Mag and say that it's performance has been nerfed.

Last edited by satori; 2013-02-02 at 03:19 PM.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by satori View Post
Damnit! lol...there seems to be no consensus on the Mags performance nerf, or lack there of. Maybe Assist is on to something. Higby did tweet that Magrider hover changes aren't in the patch, but it seems that more than one person here has tested the Mag and say that it it's performance has been nerfed.
At climbing hills/slopes etc., yes. At least that's the only nerf that was mentioned in the patch which has something to do with mobility.
You should also be mindful that sometimes the mind can play tricks on us. Some might percieve a change that is not actually there.
I would wait until the new content has been thorougly tested by the playerbase before outright believing in any of the possible unintentional side effects of some of the changes.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-02-02 at 03:24 PM.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
RaTzo
Private

FPS issues... wasn't improving performance the primary focus of this patch???

ESF is very twitchy in normal flight, and and very unresponsive when using Zoom Optics. Overall this is a control nerf of the ESF... because you know it needed another nerf so badly...

The sky looks nice on Indar, but the other planets render in front of distant terrain.

The new color scheme is confusing to most people... Not so confusing for BF players I think, but most people in our outfit where having issues with it today.

If the FPS gets fixed.... then perhaps we'll be able to enjoy this patch more but right now this is just another patch that has reduced my enjoyment of the game... I loved it in Beta enough to buy Alpha Squad even though I was already in beta.

What are my thoughts about the patch? Throw the ESF guys a bone, and fix the freaking extremely poor performance, and perhaps the patch will be good.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by nyar View Post
"Players in vehicles can no longer capture points."

So you can't drive a sunderer and deploy it at the capture point, instead you have to jump out of it and get shot like a dumbass.
Which is exactly how it should be (if you drive up to the cap point like a dumbass without checking for defending infantry). I really don't see your point.

Will check out this patch later, changes sound like it's getting in the right direction. Glad it only took them like half a year to realize a giant tdm map with a farming mechanic wrapped around doesn't cut it (just had to nag on this again hehe).
Regardless of that, much luv devs.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-02-02 at 04:01 PM.
Old 2013-02-02, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by RaTzo View Post
ESF is very twitchy in normal flight, and and very unresponsive when using Zoom Optics.
*Cough*zoom*cough*sensitivity*cough*option*cough*

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-02, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Beerbeer
Major

Nice, haven't played much in a while. Anxious to download this bad boy and give it a spin later.
Old 2013-02-02, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Nice, haven't played much in a while. Anxious to download this bad boy and give it a spin later.
MAke it a day or two. The server and game perfomance is very poor atm, if you don't want to get all negative about the changes wait for a hotfix.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion