News: More PlanetSide 2 Screenies - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please do not feed the Arctic Sloths
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-20, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Re: More PlanetSide 2 Screenies

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
The weapon the VS on the left is holding... empire specific sniper rifle? Long with a thing on the front and a thing on the top. Not like the other Pulsar shots. Comparing to @20+ ish in the teaser.
He's Vanu.... He just has his gun upside down.
Old 2011-07-20, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
yonman
Corporal

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
I think I forgot to mention the red/orange goggle lenses on the rexo helmet REALLY work well and make the TR look awesome. No way can they make VS or NC better than that.
Just should point out that zey vill still do nothing
Old 2011-07-20, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Operations
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Some guy on a Planetside Players Facebook page uploaded a screenshot of a Vanu soldier firing his sissy little pew-pew laz0r. I don't know where he got it from. He claims he found it on a search engine. It's most definitely from PS2, it's got their almost-pink tights and it's that bald angry black guy from the official website's wallpaper section.

I think it's actually a screenshot from one of the gameplay videos, in all honesty. Not a new screenshot.
Random guy on facebook, always the most reliable of sources
Old 2011-07-20, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Somewhere in this thread someone was wondering if the green things are elevators, I don't think so. After going through the trailer I shot this image:

As you can see the green things are on the landing struts, and are not exactly glassy

As the for the Vanu, they are actually represented in the trailer, but mostly very blurry or far away. And yes they seem to all lack helmets (from what I can see):

Here for instance it seems like a vanu uses a lasher. The orbs seem rather solid from the distance, but you can make them out over the rock in the top center-right.

Here you can see how far the pulsar actually fires! It reaches the tower. You can see what we consider the magrider on the left.

In these two images you can see the vanu advance and a blurred close-up of the pulsar. Also note the jump-jet backpacks. The fire looks awesome btw! And there's another maggy in the background.

NOTE: These are all 720p images if you click on them to enlarge them

Last edited by Lunarchild; 2011-07-20 at 05:41 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
FIREk
Captain

I only just realized... To date there have been no female models on any of the screens.

I wonder if they'll go the typical male-only route, common to online FPS games, or if they will continue going the MMO route and keep female chars that we know and love from PS1?
Old 2011-07-20, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

One more:

This is the NC shooting at VS. Note the detail of the casing being ejected.
Old 2011-07-20, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Note the difference in the towers from the film shots and the recent stills released. The towers appear to be two different types.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-20, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Note the difference in the towers from the film shots and the recent stills released. The towers appear to be two different types.
I'm not sure about that one. It may just be the same tower from another angle....

EDIT: After checking the footage one more time, yes it's a different tower, however it seems to have the same basic structure:

If you take the view from the left side of the tower, they are comparable, except for the indentation in the original tower... At the very least the green thing looks precisely like the landing struts on the picture I put in above.

Last edited by Lunarchild; 2011-07-20 at 06:07 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Lunarchild View Post
I'm not sure about that one. It may just be the same tower from another angle....
Let's compare...
The film shot:

The still shot:

They appear different to me.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-20, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

This is what I mean:

The substructure seems identical to me ^^
Old 2011-07-20, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Yeah, and it looks detachable. Maybe the center structure is the functional difference?

Manitou
"
<))><
Old 2011-07-20, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Right, though it could be similar to how they did it in PS1: they had 1 "basic" tower model, with 3 variations. Especially the gun and air tower had little differences other than the landing area. The guard tower just had an extra mid-level, and no turrets.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
1Shotwonder
Private

watch the new video some one just posted here under this section matt says you can get a tower with your outfit spend your outfits resources on it and put it where you want and you just have to defend it so the enemy doesn't take it... so I am saying yeah the towers can be moved in someway
Old 2011-07-20, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Yeah, just watched it. So it certainly looks like the towers are customizable with Outfit resources. Scrumptious tidbits!

Manitou
"
<))><
Old 2011-07-20, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Might be a long-term thing though... They said the sandbox stuff would mostly be long-term anyhow ^^
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion