The Oracle of Death - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go outside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-10, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

I'm not interested. Those that come here and read the thread, the context, and the discussions on how to interpret the data will take it in the appropriate spirit. Those that don't aren't going to listen to a thing I say no matter where I post it. Feel free to quote me where appropriate. Much love for RadarX - vaya con dios <3

Just finished the nuke and pave; new collector should be online within the hour. Enhancements include getting the BR of the killer at the time of the kill, and recording the faction id so we can de-aggregate NS infantry weapons - more controls are better controls. Sorry I had to flush the data to do it - running the alter on a 20gig table was just absurd.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-10 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2013-08-10, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Stomps
Private

If the oracle has some room left in the runnings it would be nice to hear the verdict on shotguns - at least pump vs pump (for my own curiosity) but if theres time then a table such as is proposed for pistols would be icing on the cake.
Old 2013-08-10, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Back up and collecting new data. Out for the afternoon/evening - will check back in later and re-run some of the fun ones with various BR sharding.
Old 2013-08-10, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Wye
Private

Misc Info

I beseech thee Oracle of Death, tell me whether the three factions favor any specific class? (ie kills broken down by class then broken down by faction)
Old 2013-08-10, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Aethylred
Private

O Oracle, I beseech your wondrous guidance, what is the ratio of kills to assists for each Factions' Heavy Assaults?

This could be interesting, the Lasher in particular wears down the enemy but doesn't kill them. It would be better to limit this to the Faction Heavy Weapons, but I don't think Assists will be recorded that way.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
typhaon
Sergeant Major

I'm interested in the re-runs.

I don't think they should change much at all... but it will be fun to see.

Really... the craziness of the main board is one thing - but this IS great data for discussion. Stuff like this (and this MLG pressure I may be imagining) can only lead to better balance.

Of coures, SOE surely has all this info... anyway. But 10,000 screaming maniacs on a board have been known to move the dial.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aethylred View Post
O Oracle, I beseech your wondrous guidance, what is the ratio of kills to assists for each Factions' Heavy Assaults?

This could be interesting, the Lasher in particular wears down the enemy but doesn't kill them. It would be better to limit this to the Faction Heavy Weapons, but I don't think Assists will be recorded that way.
Lasher would show up if there are some kind of stats that just track total damage done.

TBH - I'm not sure there is anyway to track one of the Lasher's other effects which is it tends to act as an accuracy debuff on your enemies, too. At least it does to me...
Old 2013-08-10, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Just on the BR based stats guys, you are going to exclude people like me with multiple chars.

My effectiveness is potentially at a >50BR range with a sub 40BR char. Not sure how many people have alt-itis or whether its even worth considering

Maradine: seriously nice work mate! Glad you decided not to weigh into the official forum hoo ha as well, that kind of drama will burn a fella out.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I did, briefly - clearly a mistake. Recusing myself.

Also! On the topic of BR - yes, I carved a few test runs up into quartiles by BR and it makes a huge difference. Thanks to everyone who suggested it. I'll definitely be integrating that into the next runs as soon as I figure out a better visualization. Text is ugly.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-10 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I did, briefly - clearly a mistake. Recusing myself.

Also! On the topic of BR - yes, I carved a few test runs up into quartiles by BR and it makes a huge difference. Thanks to everyone who suggested it. I'll definitely be integrating that into the next runs as soon as I figure out a better visualization. Text is ugly.
In crayon, those are pretty.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I present: the magic of LMGs. A bit of a mess as a text extract so I dumped it into excel for your sorting pleasure. My take away: damn, I am so using the wrong guns.

Thank you Oracle of Death!

/"Faction Balance"

Old 2013-08-10, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Here's the fruits of the new collector and what can be done with it:

Don't read too far into it - only a few hours of data since I nuked and paved. Looking forward to results! Let me know if anything's confusing or out of place.

edit: minus, you know, spelling mistakes

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-10 at 09:52 PM.
Old 2013-08-10, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Divided into Quartiles?

Hallelujah.
Old 2013-08-11, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
exohkay
Private

This is incredible. I am looking forward to having the game balanced.

My suspicions have been confirmed.

O, Oracle - can you make the same LMG graph but with the factional Carbines?
Old 2013-08-11, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Maradine id just like to say thanks for all your work, much appreciated.

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-08-11 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion