News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 74 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-16, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1096
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Region Lock (SOE is working on Resolution)

We'll be publishing more information in the near future about the transition. One of our products, DC Universe Online, is about to make the switch and you'll be able to see how it works. In short, you will have a ProSieben.Sat.1 account. PS2 will launch in the EU with our partners over there so there will be no live game transition.
great can't wait.....
Old 2012-05-16, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1097
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
great can't wait.....
You sound so excited =P

Hope it all goes well.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-16, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1098
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

What I don't get is why SOE needs Pro7 in the first place.

Old 2012-05-16, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1099
Shkrla
Private

I tried the link for the FAQ, but it said tat the terms were getting reworked. I don't really feel up to skimming 77 pages, so can someone tell me if anything has been changed from the information in the original post?
Old 2012-05-16, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1100
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
What I don't get is why SOE needs Pro7 in the first place.
It was never officially stated why, just that it would be happening.

Sequence of events tho lead me to believe that Sony parent company CEO needed a large boost in money last quarter.

At the end of the 4th fiscal quarter of 2011, the CEO of Sony announced that they would have a 2.2 billion dollar loss, 2 billion dollars more than the expected loss they had already announced, totaling a 2.9 billion dollar loss for the year of 2011. Sony CEO was also announced to being changed around this time, I don't know exactly when this took place. About 3 weeks before the end of the 2011 fiscal year SOE announced it partnership with PSS1.

So to me it looks like Sony pressured SOE into selling a major portion of their customer base to a major media company for a very much needed boost at a very much needed time.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-05-16 at 11:59 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1101
Noivad
Master Sergeant

1. Probally reason why is the exchange rate. I play a game where you have to convert the euro to usd and since eura since last time I played, was more value, i got less then my euro conterpart because of USD Value.

2. Easier management.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-05-17, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1102
Shallon
Private

Did anyone else from europe go ahead and buy an SOE authenticator just beore they announced all of this Pro7 rubbish.

Considering SOE has ruined all the other games of there's I played, EQ with POP (Planes of Power) and then the disgracefull goings on with SWG, I now have brought an Auth just for PS (1) and hopfully I'll have no reason to play that soon.

refund SOE? =(

It's such a shame, for those of us who have had our accounts since 99 (or longer) it going to be quite the bitch not to keep these rolling on into PS2 and what short lived masterpeice comes next.

Must say no way its going to stop me playing (The game looks amazing btw devs), just banging my head on the wall AGAIN, and this game hasn't even hit Beta yet.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1103
Akadios
Sergeant

SOE's Faq: http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500041081

Paragraph 4: Importantly, we want to address up front the most common concern that players have had, which is server accessibility. SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games have determined that it is in the best interest of the players and the Community to allow players to continue to play on any server regardless of where they live. That means that European players will be able to play on U.S. servers and vice versa.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1104
Akadios
Sergeant

@Moderators (whoever) In light of the release by SOE saying there will not be a region lock you might want to shuffle this 77 page long complaint thread that might turn some users off to PS2 somewhere not so visible
Old 2012-06-16, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1105
Tikuto
Major

Lag = pointless game.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2012-06-16, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1106
Nemises
Sergeant

so..didnt read all 77 pages, apols,but just wanted to bring up an important (to my mind) example of why cross region playing is 100% vital to PS2...

and that is the 24 hour war..

Back in the Day, playing on Markov from New Zealand, we'd play everynight in our peak time with..I dunno, maybe 35 - 60% server pop...however, there was still plenty going on..

Anyways, every night the Aus and NZ outfits would roll about and do what needed to be done, and then, as it got later and later we'd hand the most contentious continent over to the US outfirs that had started to pop up early..(most the Devil Dogs)...
Byt the time we logged, slept, went to work and got back online, the Dogs would still be playing, and would hand the war over to us..

This was a 24 hour war

..it was awesome

*edit* I guess, in all fairness I should also point out that we ALLWAYS got landed with server downtime for patches, which sucked, but that's just something you have to put up with when your entire country's population could be playing a game, and still only make up about 25% of total player slots :P

Last edited by Nemises; 2012-06-16 at 08:56 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1107
Akadios
Sergeant

Repeating this since people are still not reading even the most recent posts :P thread should be locked and allowed to die.

Paragraph 4: Importantly, we want to address up front the most common concern that players have had, which is server accessibility. SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games have determined that it is in the best interest of the players and the Community to allow players to continue to play on any server regardless of where they live. That means that European players will be able to play on U.S. servers and vice versa.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1108
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Akadios View Post
Repeating this since people are still not reading even the most recent posts :P

What point are you making Akadios?
Old 2012-06-16, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1109
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Akadios View Post
Repeating this since people are still not reading even the most recent posts :P thread should be locked and allowed to die.
But you're the one who necroed it...
Old 2012-06-16, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1110
Nemises
Sergeant

yep, its good stuff, didn't mean to come across as not having read that (magical) faq item..
just wanted to try and convince seom of the pro-lock guys as to why they are wrong-thinking it
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion