News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 75 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does more in a single day than Jack Bauer
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-24, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1111
JSweigart
Private

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Im just curious if they have plans for the PSide1 Beta Testers.. Like me..

-J
Old 2012-07-24, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1112
CheeZeX
Corporal

Originally Posted by JSweigart View Post
Im just curious if they have plans for the PSide1 Beta Testers.. Like me..

-J
They don't.
Old 2012-07-24, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1113
KaB
Corporal

I start to think that the Vets' high priority story is a total bullshit. They said that so we don't get upset and be sure SOE love us more than everyone else. But their main aim is to see how new players will act getting in the game for the first time, so they can see what do they have to add/change in order to make the game more accessible.

Vets will directly know how does the game work and will probably dishearten noobs. PS1 could be this way, and it was profitable thanks to the subs. But now it's a F2P, they need as much players as possible.

But I don't think we should fear this fact, because if it's true, it probably means that firstly, they made the game the way they wanted without caring about money or anything else. And Then, they think about how to make it profitable. How can we introduce the game in order to make it popular ?
I'd be glad that they didn't think about that profitable question While making the game, otherwise we could fall in another random casual game.
Old 2012-07-24, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1114
Coreldan
Colonel

From a PR perspective your "conspiracy" makes no sense. Making a false promise like that will never have it's positives outweight the negatives.

How about we wait that the actual beta starts and then complain how vets didnt get first into beta?

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-24, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1115
Hamma
PSU Admin

Enough with the Vets bs already, if you guys were naive enough to think every single vet would get into beta before anyone else at all then you were just fooling yourself. That was never going to happen and they never lied about it.

There are other priority keys and there's real world limitations in place that SOE has to consider when developing a game of this scale.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-07-24 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1116
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Enough with the Vets bs already, if you guys were naive enough to think every single vet would get into beta before anyone else at all then you were just fooling yourself. That was never going to happen and they never lied about it.

There are other priority keys and there's real world limitations in place that SOE has to consider when developing a game of this scale.
Hamma, well said. Also based on the fact that they are dumping 100's of keys on twitter and that my wife sabotaged my gaming computer by using it for the first time in a year and it getting nailed with some virus that I need some significant help to erradicate, and I will be travelling 7 out of hte next 10 days my guess is the beta will be hitting this week and allot of people will be in from day 1.

Last edited by VaderShake; 2012-07-24 at 08:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1117
KaB
Corporal

Let's say it's a "positive conspiracy". I'm just trying to find myself a reason from the fact that I've not been invited yet
Old 2012-07-24, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1118
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
More bread crumbs....

That just seems to be the trend with this beta. A few weeks, within the month, not this week but next.

But with all the beta keys matt is giving out. I would expect this beta to scale up very quick.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1119
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by KaB View Post
Let's say it's a "positive conspiracy". I'm just trying to find myself a reason from the fact that I've not been invited yet
The real conspiracy is the NC conspiracy. TR and VS are vastly underrepresented among the tech testers.

I don't have any facts to back this up, but come on... Higby is NC. It makes perfect sense.

Old 2012-07-24, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1120
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by james View Post
That just seems to be the trend with this beta. A few weeks, within the month, not this week but next.

But with all the beta keys matt is giving out. I would expect this beta to scale up very quick.
I thinks it's realistic to expect delays. And the devs already stated that you can't take any date they give a 100% going to happen on that date. If something gets in the way they will push the date back.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1121
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Let's not forget that 'outside play testers will be invited to play the game... soon,' was not so long ago, and now there are already external people playing in the game. They may not technically be calling it beta, but the process has already more than begun.

I've accepted for a long time that I may not get in for a couple months or more once the beta starts, but in some ways it's a lot nicer to be waiting to be invited knowing that the invites are actually going out, versus waiting an indefinite amount of time for the invites to begin going out knowing that it could still be months until my invite arrives.

Of course, in other ways it sucks worse, knowing that people have been invited and I haven't, but that's just the nature of the beast. We can't all win the lottery.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1122
moosepoop
Captain

*darth vader voice

Nooooooooooooooooo
Old 2012-07-24, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1123
haticK
First Sergeant

I wonder if they'll invite people into the closed beta based on when you applied the key to your account.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1124
Poser
Staff Sergeant

I know. And the next step is the disappointment of not getting into the first wave because of this "vet" bull shit. I hovered over twitter for 3 days to get my key and now they are giving them out by the 100s. My excitement is quickly turning into frustration.

I'm sure they are working very hard, but it sure feels as if we are getting fucked with.
Old 2012-07-24, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1125
Coreldan
Colonel

THat's not the case at all with the twitter pic. It's a misconception from the person asking. They never really said it would start this week. They said "in little over a week", and it was said late that week, which pretty much automatically means it would not actually be the next week, but the week after that.

I never for a second expected the beta to start this week and thats what the twitter pic is about. There is no delay, they are on the schedule they "promised" back then.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion