Higby on Tank Balance - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: caution: my be annoyed by n00bs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-31, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Higby on Tank Balance

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
If you get beat by a Magrider in close combat 1 on 1 you're going to need a lot more than a Magrider nerf, maybe removing the gun completely from the Magrider so they can only ram you will help.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
BruTaL
Private

All this crying for nerfs/buffs is silly the whole point of this game is different factions with their own traits.

Magriders:Range - Meant to fight afar not up close.
Prowlers:Siege - Meant to fight in numbers.
Vanguards:Absorb damage - Meant to be aggressive all up in your face.

Devs should give each tank their own cert tree for what their meant to do,it shouldn't be the exact same tank.People will always cry about their factions isn't the best everything.

Last edited by BruTaL; 2013-01-31 at 08:14 PM.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BruTaL View Post
All this crying for nerfs/buffs is silly the whole point of this game is different factions with their own traits.

Magriders:Range - Meant to fight afar not up close.
Prowlers:Siege - Meant to fight in numbers.
Vanguards:Absorb damage - Meant to be aggressive all up in your in face.

Devs should give each tank their own cert tree for what their meant to do,it shouldn't be the exact same tank.People will always cry about their factions isn't the best everything.
B-b-b-b-but the other kids toy has something mine doesn't

Old 2013-01-31, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Simo
Private

Comical to see people completely try to argue away evidence by inventing dream scenarios under which the Magrider isn't the most superior tank by a country mile.

I'm not saying the patch is perfect. But clearly there is not balance. I'd be fine with leaving the Vangaurd and Prowlers the way they are. Just give NC and TR another tank that actually is a main battle tank. But 2/1 and 3/1 just screams zerg me!
Old 2013-01-31, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
Thats even worse, because the hover height for the mag is a -crucial-, I'll repeat this, CRUCIAL, upgrade for any serious mag pilot.

The turret elevation of the Magrider is so low that shots without the rival combat hover height increase get blocked by the following:

- rock clutter
- tree roots
- bad texture seams
- small railings
Ok, THIS, here, is a valid complaint...
Clearly stating that hover height allows you to shoot over obstacles and it's removal HAMPERS your ability to fire on targets is a mechanical issue, your problem with which is easy to understand.

Personally I'm of the camp that GUNNERS should control the Main Cannon, and that the current Secondary Gun mount on the Magrider should be turned into that Cannon.
Then you won't need hover height, because you'll have a top turret gun like the rest of us! IT'S MAGIC!!!

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
If I'm wrong then why are they holding back on the Magrider changes?
Same reason it took them so long to address the issues between Anti-Air and Air... whiny ass players not wanted their broken shit fixed...
Old 2013-01-31, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Mordelicius
Major

Vanu with 26 wins, NC with 9, TR with 7 on UES.

Magriders with 1.71 K/d, Vanguard, 0.87 k/d and Prowler with 0.63 k/d on tank vs. tank battles.

Rounding that out, that means for every:

500 Mag spawns, there are 1000 Vanguard deaths, and almost 1500 Prowlers.

500 Vanguard spawns, there are 250 Mag deaths.

500 Prowler spawns, there are 167 Mag deaths.

It's not a funny joke that they can't take away any of Vanu's insta-win buttons. Faction imbalance will keep killing this game. All these continent migrations, faction migrations are caused by one faction being ridiculously OP. And they still don't get it.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Vulcan is useless at range though Ehigby... I would rather an accuracy buff. NC get a pin point accurate no drop missle launcher, VS get the Sauron.. TR get a gun that has more spread then a shotgun.

TR nerfed again... Luckily I didnt buy the Vulcan now. Dont say well our data shows how well it preforms.

Log on with me on Connery and roll as a vulcan gunner for a few hours..

So our faction specific anti inf secondary has piss poor range, our AT secondary has terrible longer range accuracy and now a close range dmg nerf. So your hinting that you dont even want TR to have 2nd gunners? Increase the main gun dmg... so now I have even LESS reason to take a 2nd gunner...

Any love for the lightnings? Ive killed more Vanguards/Magriders with my HEAT lighting then my prowler lol

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-01-31 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

This is exacly the Point

They Nerfed the Mag so much and now they tell me they nerf it even more ?

You could not even 1 on 1 a 2 man skilled Prowler, as a Skilled Mag Rider in Close Distance, so you basically Forced us to use the Mag from the Distance.

Did you ever had this in Mind ? <- SOE

Whats next ? Removin the Mag Burner
Old 2013-02-01, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Here is what I said on the topic

Holy crap the rage from this. This nerf did absolutly nothing, and, infact, would actually be a stealth buff.

The hover height was NOT what causes magriders to scale hills better than other tanks. Hover height allows us to not get stuck on chest-high walls. Start whining about the Magrider's ability to hill climb, not it's hover height.

Why did I say it's a stealth buff? Higher hovering Magriders means less people get run over because you hover over infantry. Nice when dealing with friendles, terrible when dealing with enemies (This is why a magburner doesn't actually kill people very well, you hover higher when you magburner).

The actual nerf, reduced projectile velocity for the Suaron, is still going through. That is a nerf that is very needed and you will see practically no VS complaining about (if they do, they don't understand that Saurons are OP)

The changes here did not effect mobility. They made the magrider usable. The magrider bottoms out on stupidly small objects, making piloting the damn thing forward very difficult.

Reverting the nerf not about mobility, it was about preventing situations where the magrider was unable to move completely, forcing the pilot to get out and deconstruct.

In a fight, Magriders don't move too much to dodge projectiles. We find good spots where we don't get stuck, and when you shoot, we tap A or D to not get hit by them.

The hover nerf only effected moving to those locations, and that was NOT the issue. Imagine if, while driving down the road, your Prowler or Vanguard just got stuck on a tiny rock or bottomed out on a minor hill. That's what would happen to the Magrider.

There are some nerfs that would be fair here though. Some options are: Reduce the Magrider's ability to climb hills. Tweak it's reaction time when strafing. Reduce the front armor.

Each of those nerfs would be perfectly fine for a majority of the VS community, as long as they aren't over done. Nerfing the ability for you to hover higher (almost required to actually drive the damn thing) is not something that makes any type of sense.

EDIT: Remember, the Sauron nerf is still going through. That wasn't the source of the whine and it's fine

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-02-01 at 01:26 AM.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
psijaka
Contributor
Major

So many Vanu tears.....that they've turned the desert green around their Indar warpgate.

SoE have the stats proving that the Magrider outperforms the other MBTs, so it's time to man up and accept the nerf. It's not as if they can't readjust the balance again in future if things don't work out.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
So many Vanu tears.....that they've turned the desert green around their Indar warpgate.

SoE have the stats proving that the Magrider outperforms the other MBTs, so it's time to man up and accept the nerf. It's not as if they can't readjust the balance again in future if things don't work out.
The Sauron is getting nerfed and that is a good thing

The hover height nerf was banning violent videogames and rock music to stop school shootings
Old 2013-02-01, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Vanu with 26 wins, NC with 9, TR with 7 on UES.

Magriders with 1.71 K/d, Vanguard, 0.87 k/d and Prowler with 0.63 k/d on tank vs. tank battles.

Rounding that out, that means for every:

500 Mag spawns, there are 1000 Vanguard deaths, and almost 1500 Prowlers.

500 Vanguard spawns, there are 250 Mag deaths.

500 Prowler spawns, there are 167 Mag deaths.

It's not a funny joke that they can't take away any of Vanu's insta-win buttons. Faction imbalance will keep killing this game. All these continent migrations, faction migrations are caused by one faction being ridiculously OP. And they still don't get it.
i love how a single imbalance like the mag makes the whole vs op

Yes the mag needs tweeking down but not the hover height so much maybe half the initial proposal. but if all the tr and nc tank drivers are going to roll with just the driver then they deserve to die - the only time i go 1/2 in my mag is daytime and i keep my distance and switch seats.

your figues also are missleading cause the kd doesnot take into acount the empire killed so you are making up stats right there
and as an accountant i can say you can make any stat or any bunch of stats say what ever you want regardless of what they are actually saying becasue there are always contributing factors like esf's that got hits on the tanks , infantry / lightenings etc etc so unless you set up a test with 100 of each tank let the drivers spec them up how they like them no restrictions and have a straight armour only fight and see what happens other then that stats lie.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Based on the post above, how about this:

1. Remove Magrider hover bonuses from the chassis upgrades.
2. Make their default hover just high enough so they don't get stuck on shit.*
3. Buff Vanguard/Prowler/Lightning traction, and nerf Magrider "traction" so the ability of tanks to traverse slopes semi-converges on a sane point.

Would this be something that's acceptable to everyone?

*And while we're at it, can we do the same with the Lightning by changing the tracks so it doesn't beach itself in ditches? All they'd need to do is uncover the tracks a bit more at the front and back so the armour doesn't get caught on terrain.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
PredatorFour
Major

The problem with stats like this is that it is not the be all and end all, flat out telling you how it is. Don't get me wrong it's good to know the data but it isn't the true reflection as to what's going on ingame.

Them K / D figures for example....

- Do they take into account who is generally the most popped/popular faction across all servers ???

- Do they take into account who defends more / or attacks more ?

- Do they take into account who has generally more organised outfits across the servers who roll tanks together ?

- The fact that a crewed mag is more accurate/deadly from range i.e. a sniper tank ?

All these factor's can make a big difference, there's more to these stats than just "nerf magrider! it killed moar enemyz tanks!"

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-02-01 at 04:34 AM.
Old 2013-02-01, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by igster View Post

No matter how hard they nerf the magrider it'll always be the best tank with the best crews!!
LOL!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion