head shots!!! - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Chomp on this!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-10, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Dio... I only feel teh and have much respect for you, but I disagree with you about this issue and with what you're saying.

What Warborn wants is for the game to be fun and fair for all players, not just the snipers. And you know what? I concur.

Realism needs to be cast aside for this game. We have flying ships that need no fuel it seems, matrixing technology, and hi tech weapons. Yep. Realistic eh? You want real realism? Play BF1942. Now THAT is an entirely realistic game.

That's what I don't really understand about this argument... if you guys wants realism, by all means: play the Tom Clancy games, like Rogue Spear. Those offer more realism than most of the other FPSes out there. If you want balance, fun, and possibly the best team oriented combat online combat game out there... then play NS.

If you're willing to wait, though, then play PS. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

But yes! This debate is only making us feel more better about our grammar and our egos. As of now, it is unchangable for snipers. I have the utmost faith in the devs as long as they follow their gut instincts and do not listen to us at all.
Old 2002-12-10, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Re: This isn't the sniper thread...

Originally posted by Airlift
... this is the thread debating the WW2 Eastern Front and how it would have been different had either side completed work on their MAX suits and Galaxies.
PlanetSide 1942?
Old 2002-12-10, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Coliostro
Sergeant

I think they should make the sniper rifle exactly like the developers of Metal Gear made theirs. When Snake goes into zoom mode he's shakin' all over the place if he hasn't taken some sort of calming drug Pentazamin or something like that. Make head shots for anything less than heavy be one shot kills but make the sniper rifle that difficult to use so that it takes REAL skill to do so...please everyone (sort of, hehe)

Coliostro
Old 2002-12-10, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
cujoman39
Sergeant

this guy has a good point i mean snipers should be shakeing all over hte place and a head shot at an extreme range should be all but impossible for non-elite players

and as for snipers turning the tide in WW2 i didnt say that exactly i said they helped to turn the side of the war for the russians. one sniper didnt help turn the tide but the hundreds of snipers(some with 500 kills)did help turn the tide along with the regular infentry.
Old 2002-12-10, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

What Zarparchior said.

Also:

and as for snipers turning the tide in WW2 i didnt say that exactly i said they helped to turn the side of the war for the russians. one sniper didnt help turn the tide but the hundreds of snipers(some with 500 kills)did help turn the tide along with the regular infentry.
Vasilli Zaitsev was the Soviet Union's most decorated sniper (he was named Hero of the Soviet Union later on) and only got around 200 kills, and even then they're not exactly sure, as those sneaky Soviets sure did like their propaganda. But, given the amount of time he was in Stalingrad, and the perfect setting it was for a sniper, I wouldn't be surprised if he did get that many kills.

The other Soviet snipers scored far fewer kills than Zaitsev. And none, on any side of the war, got 500 kills. The battle was won by the Red Army, with the snipers just a bit of a thorn in the Germans' side. Yes, they did help win the fight, but if the snipers weren't there, the Germans would have lost none the less.
Old 2002-12-10, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
cujoman39
Sergeant

All im saying is there should me more damage for shooting people in the head or else its just a compitition between the people with the biggest guns!!!
Old 2002-12-10, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's not the size of the gun that counts. It's how you use it.

Old 2002-12-10, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
cujoman39
Sergeant

what good is a light weapon if you cant get head shots?
Old 2002-12-10, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

What exactly would you call a light weapon?
Old 2002-12-10, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

From what i've read (can't remember where) there are 2 hitboxes.. 1 for the body (entire body... from your torso to pinky to the little piggy hehe) and 1 for the head.
Old 2002-12-10, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Yeah, just to point out, I'm not saying there shouldn't be headshots. I'm saying there shouldn't be sniper rifles that do enormous damage from long range -- headshot or not.
Old 2002-12-10, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
cujoman39
Sergeant

submachine guns and pistols
Old 2002-12-10, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
cujoman39
Sergeant

your right they shouldnt do massive damage at log range but decent damage at least 25%(medium) and like 10% for heavys or else its useless
Old 2002-12-10, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

That's an easy one...

Light weapons are good for damaging people in light armor.
Old 2002-12-10, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

What's their purpose? They have different attributes. If you've got an assault rifle, a SMG (suppressed, in this game) and a pistol, you've got a lot of options. The pistol is likely very accurate and would be good for pistol-sniping at a range if you didn't want to close in and use your machine gun. And the SMG would be a nice, silent weapon which would also serve as a backup to the assault rifle. I'm sure you're familiar with changing weapons quickly when one runs out of ammo, so that you can switch to a weapon which has a full clip instead of waiting through the reload process for the first weapon.

The lighter weapons are also important because not all armor can use rifles, and not all those who use a rifle will use one which is a good all-around gun. If a guy has only one rifle slot on his armor, and he's carrying a rocket launcher, he's going to need that SMG to fall back on in case his group runs into enemy infantry. Infiltration suits can also only use pistol-type weapons, so they're very important to the stealth players also.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion