Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, the only place where Rocklet isn't a typo.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-25, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Wait, so you can't play the game without being in an outfit?

Old 2012-06-25, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Wait, so you can't play the game without being in an outfit?

Outfits aren't required to play.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

I really like this idea. Maybe charging $10 though. It would deter the 10-man outfit creators, and wouldn't cost a substantial amount if you were serious about making one.

I think World of Warcraft is a good example for this. To make a Guild, it costs ten silver, which (for those of you who haven't played it) is nothing. There are millions of Guilds because of this, just because they want some stupid phrase under their name.

Planetside's outfit ratio was very controlled and nice, only the big outfits with good leaders strived.

So to keep the outfits under control they should either charge real money for it, or have it cost a large amount of the in-game currency.
For example, if WoW started charging 1.000 gold instead of 10 silver, they would have way less goofy guilds and the serious guilds could grow more.

Talk to your kids about tiny outfits, before someone else does.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Dagron
Captain

Other than customizations'n stuff, i'd be ok with them charging a very small ammount (like 25¢ or 50¢) to create an outfit with a small # of members (somewhere between 20-50 maybe) and then charge gradually increasing prices for raising the member cap (by increments: +10/+25/+50/etc).

That way they monetize a little, but don't discourage people from creating their small outfits so much (maybe just enough so the thousands of pointless outfits don't just blink in and out of existance).
It might even give some people that little push they need to make their first purchase (using the store comes easier after the 1st time).

If this was already shot down, sry: i just skimmed the thread.

Originally Posted by Mr DeCastellac View Post
... if WoW started charging 1.000 gold instead of 10 silver, they would have way less goofy guilds and the serious guilds could grow more.
Some people like tiny goofy guilds, others just dislike serious guilds. I don't think they should be denied that... pointless guilds that are created and discarded in a month are the problem.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-25 at 01:56 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Bags
Lieutenant General

Let's charge for squads too while we're at it.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

Not going to sugar coat it. If they charged a fee for creating an outfit that would really piss me off. Sure it would add some incentive for joining an existing new one, but at the same time for those that wan to create a small outfit for just their friends, its almost tellng them that they shouldn't do that. I'm all for joining an existing outfit with your mates, but if you just wanna play with your buddies and just them, thats your right.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Originally Posted by Meatball Mobeus View Post
... for those that wan to create a small outfit for just their friends, its almost tellng them that they shouldn't do that. I'm all for joining an existing outfit with your mates, but if you just wanna play with your buddies and just them, thats your right.
Hey, i'm usually one of the guys who make small guilds just for a few friends... i just want an alternative better than "only subscription members can make outfits".

[edit] Something that allowed me to slowly pay for my outfit to grow seems to be right where microtransactions are at: pay as much as you can, as fast as you can. [/edit]

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-25 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Im pretty sure that squads are going to be free AND the are going tO include FREE squad vox. So if you just like to play with your little circle of friends you will be a le to log on and play together no problem.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Striker KOJ
Private

Originally Posted by Mr DeCastellac View Post
... just because they want some stupid phrase under their name...
I for one support silly outfit names. Who are you to judge such great names like:

<RPness is rising>
<It burns when I PvP>
<Come Honor Face>

and of course

<Spaceballs - The Guild>
Old 2012-06-25, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
NEWSKIS
Corporal

Truthfully I don't really care one way or the other. I've wondered if they would do this considering the other f2p games I've played have. It's usually been around 5-10 dollars.

Would I be surprised if they did this for PS2? Not really. At the same time I'd be willing to pay 10 dollars to start my outfit in PS2 easily.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Dagron
Captain

Sledge, i'm pretty sure Bags was just being sarcastic.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-25 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Knotz
Sergeant

Id say probably drop the price to create an outfit to around £5ish ($8-9ish) and that would be for up to 50 people.. then £1 after that to increase the size by 20 (or £2 for 50)

Methinks that wouls stop the thousands of 1 man outfits spam requesting people to join
Old 2012-06-25, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

I'd be cool with this. I'd chip in a few bucks for the outfit.

"AND MY AXE!"
Old 2012-06-25, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Knotz View Post
Id say probably drop the price to create an outfit to around £5ish ($8-9ish) and that would be for up to 50 people.. then £1 after that to increase the size by 20 (or £2 for 50)

Methinks that wouls stop the thousands of 1 man outfits spam requesting people to join
Exactly, reasonable prices. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be able to afford a $5-10 to create their outfit if they are serious about creating an Outfit.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-06-25, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Absentis
Corporal

If they put a price on creating/joining outfits, people will, or at least should, know the simplicity of getting around it. People that don't want to pay and are already part of a group that is moving to PS2 will just add tags to their in-game name for public identification. Later recruits would be in the group's VOIP of choice and work with their fellow group members. This would cause SOE to not make money off those who don't need a special mark saying they paid to be in an outfit. A tag doesn't mean anything if there's no interaction with the rest of the group; it would just be premium advertising space.

I see more players being turned away from joining a larger organization and only playing with their friends, which will cause a lack in large organization beyond pre-established outfits that end up paying.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion