Driver/Gunners... NO! - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 325 normal Beamer shots to kill a MAX
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-10, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
fod
Master Sergeant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
and yet we still get blown to shit sometimes because the driver keeps on rolling instead of actually pulling evasive maneuvers.
sounds like a bad driver or an unlucky situation to me

TONS of times in ps1 i have had gunner save my ass by telling me where a tank/heavy armor was so i could do manouvers and pull out of the battle or the gunner takes out a mosquito or reaver that i did not see while heading back to base for reloads

4 eyes are better than 2
Old 2012-07-10, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
SixShooter
Captain

With the Magrider they would have to completely re-designed it to have it be more like the other MBT's. I'm down for learning how to master it how it is rather than have them take the time to redesign it since it would probably add another six months or so.

Old 2012-07-10, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Sephirex
Major

Anti infantry and anti light vehicle.

Lightning>sundy bus, light infantry and flash.

Everything else> lightning.
So why would you ever grab a lightning over a MBT?
Old 2012-07-10, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by fod View Post
sounds like a bad driver or an unlucky situation to me

TONS of times in ps1 i have had gunner save my ass by telling me where a tank/heavy armor was so i could do manouvers and pull out of the battle or the gunner takes out a mosquito or reaver that i did not see while heading back to base for reloads

4 eyes are better than 2
Two eyes are better than four.

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
So why would you ever grab a lightning over a MBT?
Exactly! Thats why i want to drive and control the gunners position in a MBT.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

so?
just because you want to solo and because you never had a good driver does that mean everyone should? why did you not tell your driver where he was? so you want to have solo vehicles because YOU got shot once in a bad situation

with 2 people in a tank you have 4 eyes scanning the area for enemys not 2 so if you did not communicate where the tank was effectively to your driver isnt that YOUR fault?
I would prefer to have that second pair of eyes in another tank that can give me covering fire, that is the kind of team play that makes the game better. Teamwork where you need to waste time to communicate with a driver or gunner so he can move to someplace or shoot the target just makes things more complex and obtuse for no good reason in a fast paced FPS (which is what PS2 will be). And you can have a second turret on the tank for AI and AA weapons and it might support AV weapons also.

But if you really want to have a tank that has more than just 2 positions I would prefer to see a heavy tank appear that would benefit from team play inside the vehicle, but that would also need to be part of a group of vehicles because it would be a big target to small sneaky things and kitting. That would be my solution for the problem, and it would also be great for outfits and large groups.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
CorvicM
Private

Anti infantry and anti light vehicle.

Lightning>sundy bus, light infantry and flash.

Everything else> lightning.
u mean MBT>infantry, light vehicles, other main tanks....

so where does the lightning outperform the MBT?

cause OHK infantry, and easily kills light vehicle...
Old 2012-07-10, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Superbus
Private

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
CCP also made a game to cater to a small community and it's subscription base has been growing steadily for the last 10 years. I think they're over 400,000 active subs by now.

CCP also killed its hardcore base in the process. As well as made it slightly more forgiving, due to how easy it became to transport goods through space.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
fod
Master Sergeant

No, because the lightning can't stand up to other vehicles, kind of defeats the purpose.
lightning would be able to stand up against other single crew tanks (lighnings) but not multi crew tanks - which is perfectly balanced imo, 2 people in a tank should always beat 1 in a tank (teamwork should win)

i really dont get the point of the lightning if everyone can drive a tank solo - who will actually use one?
Old 2012-07-10, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CorvicM View Post
u mean MBT>infantry, light vehicles, other main tanks....

so where does the lightning outperform the MBT?

cause OHK infantry, and easily kills light vehicle...
That was what i was saying, please read my post more thoroughly
Old 2012-07-10, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Traingye
Private

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
No, not true at all. You can instantly magically switch to any seat in the vehicle without gettin out. So if you are driving along and need aa, hit your seat switch button and instantly fire your aa, just as easy as a fire mode switch. There is no real downside to not having a gunner unless your secondary gun is also AV in which case you'd want em both firing at the same time.

Letting drivers gun and letting them do instant magic switching inside the vehicle is just lame and boring. Teamwork comes down to working in vehicles too. Vehicles just turn into overgrown maxes when they are solo. Its simplistic and lame and not epic in the least.

Seeing a bunch of multi crewed tanks coming at you feels epic. When its just a bunch of lame solo tanks, its boring run of the mill and just seems like a bunch of people with an armor buff instead of actual tanks and a real battle.

The game just loses alot of its epic feel when its every man for himself and just a bunch of rambos runnin around with armor buffs rather than real multi crewed tanks.

Plus not having that fun of workin with teammates in a vehicle is lost and that is one of the best ways to keep people playing by giving them fun social experiences. In a game that needs to last more than an initial sell, the social aspect is very important. Just in a squad together is no where near the same as being in the same vehicle, not even close.

If you are in the middle of no where and just happen to run into an enemy aircraft than I suppose. However, if you are in the middle of a big fight you can't just switch like this, timer or not. You become completely stationary and become even more of a sitting duck. You have no defense against enemy ground attacks now. Tanks can easily drive behind you and kill you quickly.

Why does having the tanks rolling at you being multi-crewed add to the epic-ness? Maybe its just me but seeing a bunch of tanks rolling is going to epic, regardless of how many people are actually in them.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

lightning would be able to stand up against other single crew tanks (lighnings) but not multi crew tanks - which is perfectly balanced imo, 2 people in a tank should always beat 1 in a tank (teamwork should win)

i really dont get the point of the lightning if everyone can drive a tank solo - who will actually use one?
Refer to the lightning vs post.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
CorvicM
Private

That was what i was saying, please read my post more thoroughly
So you want the removal of the Lightning....

RADARX remove the lightning after all the work cause its useless now k thx.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
fod
Master Sergeant

Two eyes are better than four.
errr wrong

explain how 1 person sees more than 2?
Old 2012-07-10, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CorvicM View Post
So you want the removal of the Lightning....

RADARX remove the lightning after all the work cause its useless now k thx.
No, i want to be able to control a MBT single handed rather than having to use a lightning to do it. Durp.

errr wrong

explain how 1 person sees more than 2?
Simple, humans have monovision. We see 180 degrees, (or atleast in my case i do) and we simply turn our head to see a spot. Also FOV, we can have a higher FOV than our gunners, thus making them useless. I rather see things with my own eyes.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
WorldOfForms
Corporal

Did everyone forget that the lightning now replaces the skyguard? It has the most powerful vehicle-mounted AA weaponry.

So, yes, it still very much has a role.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion