News: Official Site Relaunched with Beta Signup - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma hears all
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-22, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
WellWisherELF
Corporal

Re: Official Site Relaunched with Beta Signup

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I guess my re-subbing came at a good time Resubbed like a week ago
Planetside2.com says this:
If you are an original PlanetSide player, make sure to sign up with your original Station Account as previous players will receive special privileges.
Doesn't sound like an active subscription is required, as it says "previous players", not current.
Old 2011-12-22, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Coreldan
Colonel

The front page of PSU quoted this, not sure where it's from:

Yes. We will ensure that PlanetSide players will be among the first in. Sign up to receive our email updates and like us on Facebook to be in the know. Also, if you played awhile ago it would be a good idea to make sure that your Station Account has your most recent email address. Go to www.soe.com and click My Account
Well, it could also cover inactive players, but to me that still feels like subbers would get advantage?

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-12-22, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
SKYeXile
Major General

SOE all access have generally got into betas early... just saying.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-22, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Justaman
Staff Sergeant

I hope it goes be people with PS1 subs prior to beta sign up date. Not something like, more priority based on how old your account it.(although, doubt it, since thats more work)

Mostly because I played way back in 04-06. Stopped playing cause of school and other stuff. When I came back, I couldn't remember my account info. XD

So now I have a new account. Just like a freshy.

Side not, people in this thread remind me of the "Awesome Reach" parody. Youtube it! Just image they're saying Planetside instead of reach.

Last edited by Justaman; 2011-12-22 at 05:41 AM.
Old 2011-12-22, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Aractain
Major

Well theres a big record of all the money I gave to SOE from the very first planetside sub... daawwwwwww
Old 2011-12-22, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Well theres a big record of all the money I gave to SOE from the very first planetside sub... daawwwwwww
they should go by the total money you have spent with SOE particularly on free realms... I WIN.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-22, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Of course I was busy yesterday and missed this. DAMN IT!

New site looks great. I could understand some of the worry over the old site, since it was pretty mediocre, but we should all remember this when doubting the team in the future. They've got this.

I don't think I'm going to resub to Planetside. Feels dishonest since I'm not going to play it. I think I'd rather go into PS2 with more of a fresh perspective.

If the pops in PS1 end up going high enough, I may have to reconsider that. I just don't want to sign up for the game if I'm not actually going to play it.

Sounds like past subscribers will get some level of preferential treatment regardless, so hopefully the fact that I signed up within 24 hours and was a past subscriber will keep my wait down to something reasonable.

Still no word on the actual beta date, but this is still great to see. The site is somewhere that represents the game properly and beta sign up is an important precursor to the whole process. It's starting to feel even more real for me now.

Thank you devs! Merry Christmas and happy holidays and all that jazz! Awesome present. You guys rule.
Old 2011-12-22, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
Coreldan
Colonel

I wonder why they didn't collect dxdiags at this point. Feels stupid to sort of invite people just cos they are past subscribers even if they had no chance to run the game at it's current point. Optimization will still happen, but if Higbys supercomputer was running the game at some 45fps or so few weeks back, the 2ghz dual cores will be having a hard time.

Old 2011-12-22, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
SKYeXile
Major General

I wonder why they didn't collect dxdiags at this point. Feels stupid to sort of invite people just cos they are past subscribers even if they had no chance to run the game at it's current point. Optimization will still happen, but if Higbys supercomputer was running the game at some 45fps or so few weeks back, the 2ghz dual cores will be having a hard time.

id wager that if you can play PS1 decently, you can atleast play PS2, PS1 is a system hog.

but they have other data like what other SOE titles you have played, if you have played DCUO im sure you can run PS2.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2011-12-22, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Coreldan
Colonel

I guess fair enough.

The thing you had to agree to also said something like system info will be collected before you are taken into the beta, was just wondering why wasnt it collected from everyone already at the sign up.

Old 2011-12-22, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Moneypennie

I know battlefield 3 streams hd graphics on the xbox and PlayStation. Is it possible or even practical to process the game off site and stream the results?

I know Theres a game company thats doing that right now, I just can't remember the name if it. Your internet connection would have to be boss though, but theoretically you could play any game regardless of how good your hardware is. Bf3, ps2, on our phones??

I'd be slightly disappointed because I just built a new rig for this game, but potentially being able to play it on my tablet: priceless..... But probably not.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
Siantlark
Private

Originally Posted by Moneypennie View Post
I know battlefield 3 streams hd graphics on the xbox and PlayStation. Is it possible or even practical to process the game off site and stream the results?

I know Theres a game company thats doing that right now, I just can't remember the name if it. Your internet connection would have to be boss though, but theoretically you could play any game regardless of how good your hardware is. Bf3, ps2, on our phones??

I'd be slightly disappointed because I just built a new rig for this game, but potentially being able to play it on my tablet: priceless..... But probably not.
That would be Onlive.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
Coreldan
Colonel

A friend of mine with All Access Pass said he already got some acceptance email that wasnt the generic "Sign up complete" message. Said the email said he is accepted to join beta as soon as it starts.

He isn't the guy to usually troll people, but he might just cos he knows how badly I'm into PS2.

Old 2011-12-22, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Tikuto
Major

Old 2011-12-22, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm guessing there will be another phase to this. I think this is just the first step in gauging interest then there will be a more official way to submit the usual information for beta.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion