Tech test invites? - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Word.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Astrok
First Sergeant

Re: Tech test invites?

Originally Posted by snaffe View Post
I hope my AMD dual core 2x3000 and Radeon 4xxxx is...ahm...doesn't burn up when I try the game (whenever that is).

Sub 20 FPS in BF3 (hovering around 10).

Shouldn't be worse than BF3, shuuurely as that was a blatant console port
U will be fine playing ps2 for sure .

U dont have to get some sci fi pc configuration to play this game trust me on it.

maybe u cant play ultra high but medium settings will be fine.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
U will be fine playing ps2 for sure .

U dont have to get some sci fi pc configuration to play this game trust me on it.

maybe u cant play ultra high but medium settings will be fine.
Doubt it.

He will probably be able to play on minimum settings, but I doubt even with minimum settings the performance wont quite be optimal

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-19, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Doubt it.

He will probably be able to play on minimum settings, but I doubt even with minimum settings the performance wont quite be optimal
i bet he can play.we dont know for sure (i dont know and you dont know it ).

but i bet he can run it.dont look at the graphics as it looks like bf3 but look at the tech behind it.Bf3 tech is crap compared to this.Besides we dont know what forgelight is cpable of for lower machines.maybe it looks nice without the need to get high end machines even on medium settings.But if smedley says so we know enough i guess.

But im affraid not that many are having big ass pc's and machines from 4-5 years back where really the 8800 card ones with maybe a quadcore machine.(as they said it will run on 4-5 year old pc's)

i dont care i got a high end rig but many dont have it.

but on the other hand i know on this forum are a few people invited to ps2 and they have very low machines and are able to run it quiet nicely.

Last edited by Astrok; 2012-07-19 at 05:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
DamnBrecht
Private

I have a core duo and a 8800 gt
Old 2012-07-19, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DamnBrecht View Post
lol then just wait ...maybe they only play games on high settings and think medium to low is boring but if u always play on medium/low then its fine.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Welcome to PlanetSide. Get ready to upgrade your PC.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
DamnBrecht
Private

So I can't play on low settings? I don't care about graphics it's al about the gameplay for me.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
Coreldan
Colonel

You probably can play. The performance just wont be very good.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-19, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

So I can't play on low settings? I don't care about graphics it's al about the gameplay for me.
I take that kind of mentality towards MMORPG's. But in PS2 I think it will be different, I personally have upgraded from a 6450 to a 6850, I think it's worth the upgrade mate, especially when we're in a weird situation where Forgelight looks better than real life.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
snaffe
Sergeant

Anything over 15 FPS is barely playable. 20+ is "phew I got away with upgrading again" and 30 plus is a luxury and means you are rich/spoiled/don't have a wife/house/kids on the way/don't get laid enough/student (I always had the best kit while being a student).

I want 30+ but will no doubt end up with the "I'm getting 10, do I have to sell a kidney and will my wife find out?".

()

Last edited by snaffe; 2012-07-19 at 07:23 AM.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Or 30+ means you have a wife/girlfriend, kids/no kids, nice house, fast car, good job and trying to determine factors about somebody's life from their frames-per-second in a computer game is silly.

Just saying....
Old 2012-07-19, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Or 30+ means you have a wife/girlfriend, kids/no kids, nice house, fast car, good job and trying to determine factors about somebody's life from their frames-per-second in a computer game is silly.

Just saying....
Yeah that bit made me laugh. Some people save up money, or have a job...
Old 2012-07-19, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by snaffe View Post
Anything over 15 FPS is barely playable. 20+ is "phew I got away with upgrading again" and 30 plus is a luxury and means you are rich/spoiled/don't have a wife/house/kids on the way/don't get laid enough/student (I always had the best kit while being a student).

I want 30+ but will no doubt end up with the "I'm getting 10, do I have to sell a kidney and will my wife find out?".

()
It depends on whether the 30+ is normal, consistent or average. It fps often drops to 5 it will impact.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Shadows
Private

It probably won't be just the pretty textures and visual effects you're losing with a lower end system. Your framerate could very well slow to a crawl during any moderate sized battle, and there goes your gameplay. It gets awfully hard to shoot someone when they're skipping around your screen like you're watching a slideshow lol. You'll also be sacrificing is view distance; the enemy sees you, but you can't see him. Many would also argue that the immersion provided by higher end video settings greatly contributes to their gameplay experience, but everyone's different.

I'm going into this with a core 2 duo and 9800gtx myself...we'll see what happens.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
demonicale
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
I honestly don't understand all the butthurt in this thread. Come *ON*, guys! Beta testing acquaints the user base with the app, it lets you stress-test the system, and it lets you iron out all the bugs. But none of this is worth a rip if the bugger doesn't work correctly to begin with.

The longer the tech test goes, the better -- for PS2 and for us. You guys need to take that on board.
This is true, look at it exactly like this!.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion