Zealot Maxes need rebalancing - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not insert foreign objects into certification terminals
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-27, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Chewy
Major

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Which MAX ability has a cooldown?
The shield needs 5 seconds after taking damage to start recharging and takes 10 seconds to go from 0%-100% (all levels). Plus has a .5-1.5 second deploy and unequip time.

Lock down has a 2-3 second plant and unroot animation.

ZOE has nothing to limit its use.
Old 2013-05-27, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

SO, if the problem isn't ZOE, then it is the MAX. Simple solution? NERF THE MAX!

Not that it wasn't predicted months before that VS and TR MAXes WERE WORKING AS INTENDED, as most VS and TR are finding out now. Yeah, don't mess with NC CQC I said. Now rebalance the VS MAX around ZOE please. In reality ZOE is a problem with AV and AA weapons, too damn strong for a MAX that will barely be hit at extreme ranges.

Better yet, leave ZOE damage and movement wise as it is. Increase it's reduction of armour from 20 to 40%.

Last edited by Dkamanus; 2013-05-27 at 09:00 PM.
Old 2013-05-27, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Falcon_br
Captain

I also agree they only acceptable nerf to the Zoe max would be to increase the damage it receives, on the beta test server it got near 50% increase damage and people still called it to be OP!
Today I hit several zoe maxes with decimator on the face, some of then got killed, most don´t! I really think they must be using the kinect armor, that got buffed on the same patch, what mean that Zoe Max can withstand much more damage with this armor then it did before the patch.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-27, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Chewy
Major

I can tell a ZOE MAX takes more damage but I get killed MUCH faster than I can do that damage as infantry. My Mattocks as a MAX have problems doing enough damage before Im forced to shield up.

Over the weekend in all of the ops DVS ran every time we fought the VS is was against at LEAST a full squad of MAXes in all areas. Long range short range crap outpost it didn't matter, VS had MAXes out the ass. I will admit we love to pull our MAXes and crashed a few parties with them but we have limits to what we can do.

Although I think ZOE needs a nerf in some way I have to thank the VS for sending so damn many at us. You guys have made us rethink how we attack places and forced us to evolve to be better.

Enjoy ZOE while you have it and abuse the fuck out of it. Your enemies will grow stronger against it and wait for the moment to strike.
Old 2013-05-27, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Enjoy ZOE while you have it and abuse the fuck out of it.
I don't think the ZOE ability needs to be changed much.. not against infantry, but I do think that the dual bursters is a little too much. It's a cert machine like no other. ZOE probably shouldn't effect bursters like it does.
Old 2013-05-27, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I don't think the ZOE ability needs to be changed much.. not against infantry, but I do think that the dual bursters is a little too much. It's a cert machine like no other. ZOE probably shouldn't effect bursters like it does.
Nothing should effect bursters unless all factions have its own effect. Im still not in love with NC having nothing to buff any of our MAX weapons no matter how little or strong (Id LOVE to fire just the left arm with the shield up). For as long as the shield can't be use to buff bursters the NC has less chance to keep its vehicles alive.

NC air gets hit harder and faster so it will not last as long as TR or VS air. So that leads to little to no lasting air support and without air support our ground vehicles get melted from enemy air. Then once NC vehicles are gone there is only NC infantry to deal with TR and VS aircraft, ground vehicles, and infantry/MAXes. I love me a good fight, but damn is it hard when a battle boils down to who has the best support the longest.
Old 2013-05-27, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Check out these killboards, granted they are FC so we know they love using the OP stuff but this really shows the ZOE is maybe a bit too powerful, it looks like an old scat max killboard.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...9297/killboard

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...7169/killboard

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...3777/killboard

Those are some good killstreaks... I guess after a few weeks when the data is out we will see what the devs do. I enjoy 1 shotting them with a rocket, but TR MAX vs VS MAX.. VS wins.. Higher dmg weapon with higher dmg from ZOE versus a tr max with 124/143 dmg weapons. Even with level5 kinect its a tough battle versus a ZOE max especailly if they are running lvl5 kinect/lvl5 flak too (which pretty much negates the only downside of ZOE)
I was linked as an abuser of op abilities in a post.

Old 2013-05-31, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
Jax Blake
Private

So...any word from a developer on when this thing is going to be balanced? I hadn't pulled a prowler in quite a while and was quite surprised at how fast a single dual vortex zoe max killed it, not to mention the infantry.
Old 2013-05-31, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Strafe speed was reduced slightly in a stealth patch, cheers for the patch notes SOE, oh wait...

Old 2013-05-31, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
PredatorFour
Major

If Zoe gets nerfed then lockdown needs to as well. No denying that's OP too. (fracture/burster combo's)
Old 2013-05-31, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Qwan
Captain

Guys I dont see the issue with the Zoe VS max, yea we move faster, hit a little harder, but we take a lot more damage when in sparkle mode. Actually I turn it off when I know im walking into a room of troops. I got the maxed out kinetic armor, so when I walk into a room with sparkle on I go down fast, but if I turn it off and just use the kinetic armor boost, I last a whole lot longer and can take a pounding. Personally I think each max has its ups and downs. VS + faster movement, slightly higher damage
- Takes more damage
NC + Can move forward with shield up
- Cant fire when shields up
TR + Faster rate of fire, more accurate
- Limited turn radius when in lock down

It balances itself out in the long run. IMO
Old 2013-05-31, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
I do quite love my ZOE, but wouldn't consider it OP. The TTK with a locked down TR Max is insane. Especially against my poor Magrider. Magrider no like.

NC Max shield, haven't had much experience with/against it, but from what I've seen its how people have been using it that sucks. They only throw it up when they're almost dead, and at that point, I just have to toss a grenade to finish the job.

I think how they use those shields is a big factor. They stacked about 5 NC maxes with full health and a shield wall at the spec ops lab on INDAR on day, with troops behind them to kill the sneaky LA. It was a smart move, they pushed us back to our spawn boxes, damn good fight that day.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
xeroslash
Private

Regarding ZOE:

Speaking as a VS player, ZOE could use a delay and/or timer for activation - it shouldn't be an instant on/off switch (in comparison to Lockdown). Damage vulnerability may be debatable, but this can be tested.

Regarding Max abilities on NS weapons:

Yes, NS weapons (and not specifically Bursters), because SOE will be releasing additional NS Max weapons in the future, such as the Flamethrower and Nade Launcher. As far as I know, the general design philosophy of NS weaponry is consistency across all factions - an NS-11A on a Combat Medic or a Halberd on a Harasser will play and feel the same, no matter what faction you are (provided that both are certed equally). Max abilities break that philosophy. Thus, SOE should seriously consider preventing Max abilities from affecting NS weaponry.

Plus, it gives the devs a lot less headache (in terms of NS weapon balance amongst the factions) down the road, when they do release more NS Max weapons.
Old 2013-06-01, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Guys I dont see the issue with the Zoe VS max, yea we move faster, hit a little harder, but we take a lot more damage when in sparkle mode. Actually I turn it off when I know im walking into a room of troops. I got the maxed out kinetic armor, so when I walk into a room with sparkle on I go down fast, but if I turn it off and just use the kinetic armor boost, I last a whole lot longer and can take a pounding. Personally I think each max has its ups and downs. VS + faster movement, slightly higher damage
- Takes more damage
NC + Can move forward with shield up
- Cant fire when shields up
TR + Faster rate of fire, more accurate
- Limited turn radius when in lock down

It balances itself out in the long run. IMO
You're not playing against it.

ZOE has been a nightmare.

Sure, I've outplayed a few of them, but one on one at full health? I've got little chance, even if I manage to land the decimator shot.

They just move WAY too fast. That is literally my only gripe with them. But then again, after this stealth patch it could be better.

As for the guy that said nerf lockdown? Heh, I dunno about that brah. Shit takes forever to deploy and undeploy.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Guys I dont see the issue with the Zoe VS max, yea we move faster, hit a little harder, but we take a lot more damage when in sparkle mode.
I hit Zealot MAX while being in Ligthing with AV round and took only half of it's health. Really? And ZOE almost killed my lighting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion