Now that OSOK are confirmed, Should Sniper Work/Sacrifice for it? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: AILF: Admin I'd like to.....you get the idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Snipers Sacrifice/Work for OSOK
No 21 21.88%
Yes Armor(Can be headshotted by any sniper and get more damage by any bullet) 23 23.96%
Yes Accuracy 30 31.25%
Yes Recoil 34 35.42%
Yes Ammo per Clip 29 30.21%
Yes reload times 33 34.38%
I have a better Sacrifice for them I will explain in my post 8 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-15, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Now that OSOK are confirmed, Should Sniper Work/Sacrifice for it?

I love that OSOK is in the game but im not so sure that snipers should be available to OSOK since the Get-Go.

I mean their is bullet drop and perhaps scope sway so it will require some skill but I think making Snipers Sacrifice for it, will make it better.

Firstly, Headshots should be the Last step of a skill tree, so a dedicated sniper will have to work for it.

Once the person does unlock Headshots, he should sacrifice......Accuracy(sway when scoping),Recoil,bullets per clip(2-3),reload time,Armor(Makes yourself weak to headshots, meaning any sniper can kill you and of course weaker to any kind of bullets).

This will make the headshots hard to do, make every bullet count, and on top of it all you can be headshot by any sniper.

So a sniper specializing in accuracy could kill you pretty fast.

So the people who want to be able to headshot infantry,snipers,etc will need to be very stealthy.

Update
Hmm turns out I might be right with the snipers.....Since I believing snipers are Cloaks...and in Planetside cloaks died with 1 sniper shot....Any sniper can kill a sniper so that means Sniper specialized in OSOK of regular troops will get killed by a regular sniper in one on one.

OSOK Sniping is gonna be hard is PS2.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-04-03 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Now that OSOK are confirmed, Should Sniper Work/Sacrifice for it?

I forgot to add to the poll if they miss a headshot and hit a soldier in the body, then that shot should do less damage compared to a regular sniper shot.

My bad.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2011-07-15 at 01:00 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I voted for the armor that they are a easier target and also to increase their reloading times.
NEED UPDATES!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-15, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I don't see the concern with 60% of battles combat occuring indoors, and with most of the non-indoor combat being in vehicles. Must be a lot of people who like footzerging out of an AMS. If you're doing that you have a lot more to worry about than a sniper...like tanks and bombers.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I don't see the concern with 60% of battles combat occuring indoors, and with most of the non-indoor combat being in vehicles. Must be a lot of people who like footzerging out of an AMS. If you're doing that you have a lot more to worry about than a sniper...like tanks and bombers.
Actually I hope some sort of special sniper bullet that does decent damage to vechiles/planes or/and some artillery/missile locker will be available for the sniper to lock in so other allies can launch against the vechiles/Planes.

That would be pretty cool.

Also the indoors might be huge....who knows, I just want OSOK snipers to sacrifice a bit, it will make it better and more balance IMO

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2011-07-15 at 01:07 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Vancha
Colonel

Exact balance for this is not final, but that's the general idea that we're going with and we'll tweak as necessary.
Confirmed? Not quite.

Sniper OSOK will not remain in the game. I can probably name some of the snipers who'll cause SOE to remove it.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-15 at 01:07 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Confirmed? Not quite.

Sniper OSOK will not remain in the game. I can probably name some of the snipers who'll cause SOE to remove it.
Well it sounds to me, that is mostly likely going to make it into beta.

From there people will test it out, I just want SOE to know that people want atleast some sacrifices for it...Hopefully that will make into beta aswell.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CutterJohn
Colonel

Accuracy
Recoil
Ammo per Clip
reload times
A sniper sacrificing accuracy? That rather goes against the spirit of the class. The rest aren't 'sacrifices', they are the common attributes of sniper rifles in video games to balance them.

I really don't see why they'd need to sacrifice beyond the general measures on the gun in the first place. Though I do hope MA ranges are long enough to be a threat to snipers. Not to punish them, just to keep away from the silly situation where infantry could really only fight snipers with other snipers. In PS they outranged MA by 100 yards, and even if they were 200m away, it'd take 30 hits to kill them because of DD and armor absorption.

In the spirit of the post though, I could see them popping light armors with the base rifle, and speccing into a a heavier hitting ammo that has a rather worse recoil.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-07-15 at 01:30 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Traak
Colonel

No one said One Shot One Kill was confirmed. It was said that hitboxes exist, and that headshots exist.

This does not directly state that there are OSOK headshots.

Oh, but if OSOK does exist, then snipers can be dispatched, due to their special, weak Sniper Armor, since they are so far from the action, by one stab of a cloaker's blade. In the head.

That would be balanced.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-07-15 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
it'd take 30 hits to kill them because of DD and armor absorption.
This time around I think they will/should be limited to light armors only.

Quite a balancing factor as well. They can OSOK, but can be killed as easily.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-15, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
No one said One Shot One Kill was confirmed. It was said that hitboxes exist, and that headshots exist.

This does not directly state that there are OSOK headshots.
It implies it pretty heavy. Does no good if you do 99 of 100 damage in 1 hit. May as well just keep it at 51% or something then.

I did have an interesting thought though. Peoples arguments against osok are that you can't do anything about it. Its just bam, instant death. Ok. What if the osok headshot ammo was a plasma burn. Giving you like 5 seconds to pop a medkit or get a medic to heal you to stave off death.

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
This time around I think they will/should be limited to light armors only.

Quite a balancing factor as well. They can OSOK, but can be killed as easily.
Oh, well if its light armor its only 20 shots to kill them. Much better!

Nah, that armor absorption was the issue. Shoulda been a % reduction instead of a integer value reduction. That would have made MA far more capable at those ranges, since you wouldn't have to burn through ALL of the armor before hitting health.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-07-15 at 01:39 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
It implies it pretty heavy. Does no good if you do 99 of 100 damage in 1 hit. May as well just keep it at 51% or something then.
Why? Snipers in PS were often the scavengers of combat, picking off weakened targets. 99 of 100 damage would lead to far more kills than 51% of health.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-15, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Actually I hope some sort of special sniper bullet that does decent damage to vechiles/planes or/and some artillery/missile locker will be available for the sniper to lock in so other allies can launch against the vechiles/Planes.
Its called the Anti-Vehicular cert.
Old 2011-07-15, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Its called the Anti-Vehicular cert.
I think it's safe to assume once 'snipers' got their OSOK now threads requesting OSOK vehicles and OSOK people through walls will start to appear.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-15, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ShowNoMercy
Corporal

If people start quick scoping HS's i would expect them to remove it.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion