Email from a player....7 word answer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: \#FF0000 RED!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-23, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Re: Email from a player....7 word answer

Originally Posted by basti View Post
T-Ray, while you are here, what about telling us about those vehicle boarding and exit animations? Will we get them? If not with release, after release?

Also: Vanu 4 live bro!

And:

AND almost forgot: VS max concept looks bloddy AWESOME! Gimme ingame shot! :>
PS2 is a faster paced game, as it is, at this very moment, there are no vehicle enter and exit animations. Who knows, that could change tomorrow

yes VS does rock
and , No you may no have an in game shot of the VS max. Marketing would try to put a hit out on me.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
PS2 is a faster paced game, as it is, at this very moment, there are no vehicle enter and exit animations. Who knows, that could change tomorrow

yes VS does rock
and , No you may no have an in game shot of the VS max. Marketing would try to put a hit out on me.
Is there vehicle enter / exit timers or is it instant? I don't really see how taking 2 - 3 seconds to enter / exit a vehicle really slows down the game :/
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-23, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Is there vehicle enter / exit timers or is it instant? I don't really see how taking 2 - 3 seconds to enter / exit a vehicle really slows down the game :/
Would you rather shoot someone in the face instantly or give them 3 seconds to run and hide before you can shot them?

BANG! you're dead?

Or

................BANG! Sh*t he got away?
Old 2011-07-23, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dreamcast
Major

Would you rather shoot someone in the face instantly or give them 3 seconds to run and hide before you can shot them?

BANG! you're dead?

Or

Works both ways, guy get inside tank and kills me asap...or he takes 3 seconds meanwhile I kill him before he gets in, em I rite?

Dude has a tank already, he shouldn't get off to kill u anyways.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2011-07-23 at 10:25 PM.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

BANG! you're dead?

Or

Well, currently in planetside the three seconds it takes for someone to get into a vehicle is enough time to pull out a jammer or head for cover before he starts shooting.
I have no idea how PS2 will work but I really liked that in PS1. Maybe I'm biased because I rarely drove tanks, but I thought it was more balanced this way.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-23 at 10:26 PM.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
kaffis
Contributor
Major

BANG! you're dead?

Or

I dunno. If he's in danger of running away, I should shoot him with my rifle/sidearm, rather than trying to get into a vehicle to kill him.

That's why I like the boarding animations. Heck, if I'm stupid enough to embark a vehicle with enemies around, he should get a last chance to try to get a shot in if he's feeling gutsy.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
I dunno. If he's in danger of running away, I should shoot him with my rifle/sidearm, rather than trying to get into a vehicle to kill him.

That's why I like the boarding animations. Heck, if I'm stupid enough to embark a vehicle with enemies around, he should get a last chance to try to get a shot in if he's feeling gutsy.
This.

T-Ray, you're going to find that almost no one on this board is in favor of instantly getting being able to use vehicles, regardless of whether or not there are animations.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=36472

86% of 147 voters here want vehicle animations, and mostly it's due to the balance of not being able to instantly use a tank like in, uh, more modern shooters.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-23 at 10:29 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-23, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
This.

T-Ray, you're going to find that almost no one on this board is in favor of instantly getting being able to use vehicles, regardless of whether or not there are animations.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=36472

86% of 147 voters here want vehicle animations, and mostly it's due to the balance of not being able to instantly use a tank like in, uh, more modern shooters.
It will all shake out in the wash.... Nothing is etched in stone until its on live, even then it can be changed. Again, like I said, thats how it is at this very moment in time.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

It will all shake out in the wash.... Nothing is etched in stone until its on live, even then it can be changed. Again, like I said, thats how it is at this very moment in time.
I will collect all those quotes of you guys saying "nothing is set in stone", and once it goes down to beta, and we all yell at you because of headshots and vehicle exit and boarding animations, i will just smack all those quotes in your faces.

Anyway, i won, cool. What do i get? ALpha access?
Old 2011-07-24, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BronzeElemental
Private

I'm cool with no boarding animations and also with headshots. A faster paced game is just what I would have asked for in PS2.

That and my other suggestions.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by BronzeElemental View Post
I'm cool with no boarding animations and also with headshots. A faster paced game is just what I would have asked for in PS2.

That and my other suggestions.
and how do boarding animations speed up game play exactly?

how does that fit into the "faster gameplay " argument?

lets slow everything down while i watch myself get out of the tank, that sure adds to faster gamepacing.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYeXile
Major General

yes VS does rock
fight the peasants off with your superior vanu tech.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MgFalcon
Captain

yes VS does rock
Doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything new in a while... better drink my own piss.

Now hypothetically speaking, if you told us how long we had to wait for new information, then hypothetically marketing wouldn't need to put a hit out on you... Yay loopholes!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-23, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
Doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything new in a while... better drink my own piss.

Now hypothetically speaking, if you told us how long we had to wait for new information, then hypothetically marketing wouldn't need to put a hit out on you... Yay loopholes!
You're going to hypothetically get my butt fired....lol
Old 2011-07-23, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

you can show us all you want, i promise we wont tell marketing.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion