News: Team Introduction and Screenshots - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hit Alt + F4 for Planetside cheats.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-14, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
CGar
Private

Re: Team Introduction and Screenshots

The TR are receiving less and less red in their uniforms every time. I love the quality of the models and textures, but the faction color scheme makes me want to puke. What's up with all of the factions being covered in an identical grey?

I realize they are shooting for a more "modern" and "gritty" feel, but it's so hard to distinguish between the TR and NC, I feel this is not the right direction to take the faction color schemes.

However, kudos for some top notch environments, those look very slick.
Old 2011-09-14, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by CGar View Post
The TR are receiving less and less red in their uniforms every time. I love the quality of the models and textures, but the faction color scheme makes me want to puke. What's up with all of the factions being covered in an identical grey?

I realize they are shooting for a more "modern" and "gritty" feel, but it's so hard to distinguish between the TR and NC, I feel this is not the right direction to take the faction color schemes.

This. I want some damn color. I thought PS2 would be the first modern shooter in a while to have colors other than brown, but every screen is looking more and more lolbrown.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-14, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
What makes you think he's taking them out?

Awesome stuff, I assume those aren't actual game screenshots but just renders. However if the game will look even close to that, then I'd say it's fucking beautiful.

ALL IN ENGINE, NO BULLJIVE!!!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-14, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by CGar View Post

CUS TIM EYE ZAY SHUN my friend
Old 2011-09-14, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
TigerClaw
Private

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
ALL IN ENGINE, NO BULLJIVE!!!
now that is amasing...... i think im going to need to buy myself a new graphics card just so i can see this picture perfect game

better start generating over-time, time to break a few servers
Old 2011-09-14, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

This is becoming your catchphrase T-Ray.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Customization is great, and all, T-Ray, but I worry that if there's a choice between "stands out as a target" and "blends in with the background," the former customization options a) won't be taken, because b) they'll be a liability.

It's a great idea to offer different texture patterns for armor, different armor/helmet shapes, etc. I worry about the notion of offering different thematic styles when it comes to camo/color.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Lets look at the screenys then:

Just look at the detail for the armor. Now look at the guys back of his knee. This isnt just some usual stuff here, this really is high quality work, because it actually looks like it would look like in RL, and not just the model smashed together whenever someone is kneeing.
This really is quality

The Shadows are also quite nice. The bushes cast shadows on the guy, he also has self shadowing. And also look at the grass. Gone are the days of giant grass bushes that makes it hard to see mines.

Everyone with a slight clue about modeling sees that those trees are low poly. But thats usual stuff for such objects, you cant just waste the count there. Yet, the textures look like high quality.
The rocks in the background are just fantastic, and if the game allows them to use them the way they look, such rock formations may provide useful cover for snipers. Just climb into one of those dark spots and be almost save.
If you look at the grass, you notice that the grass up front on the grass texture is green and alive, but the grass back on the sand is actually dead.

SOE guys: if you read this, Tell T-Ray and the art guys that they really did a fantastic job. I have seen lots of quality graphics in my live, but on those two screens you really feel the love those guys put into their work. <3

Thank you my good man... we aims to please. The team is doing an awesome job.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Oh, and not to only post that downer of a concern, I must say, T-Ray, when I saw the thumbnails, I said to myself "Wow, those are some really enthusiastic cosplayers. They found some great location, too!"
Old 2011-09-14, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
TigerClaw
Private

the trees look like they are made of cement ? death by tree ?
Old 2011-09-14, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
ikon
Master Sergeant

damn those screenies looks pimp and still don't really show any good gear/weapons
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-14, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
This is becoming your catchphrase T-Ray.

I will say it until they get it...
Old 2011-09-14, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
FriendlyFire
Sergeant

Blue and Red is great T-Ray, what about Purple!!?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-14, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
Customization is great, and all, T-Ray, but I worry that if there's a choice between "stands out as a target" and "blends in with the background," the former customization options a) won't be taken, because b) they'll be a liability.

It's a great idea to offer different texture patterns for armor, different armor/helmet shapes, etc. I worry about the notion of offering different thematic styles when it comes to camo/color.

"I worry...."

We got this, baby
Old 2011-09-14, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
FIREk
Captain

Will there be any limits to color customization, though? Will there be anything stopping me coloring my TR char an unholy purple?

It might be a good idea to make these camo patterns the default ones, depending on the cont's theme (grassy/jungle, desert, snowy etc.). Aside from being realistic and reasonable, it opens up doors for people buying the same customization stuff many times, only to give that stuff the appropriate color.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion