News: PlanetSide 2 Backstory Part 2, Sandy Jones - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I join the Common Pool Faction?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-13, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: PlanetSide 2 Backstory Part 2, Sandy Jones

Yep. Underground cities, WMDs, both TR and NC calling each other terrorists, and swearing to fight until everyone on the other side is dead... which hardly sounds like a civil war kind of thing. Families split in half and all that... like the Jones'.

Intermittent telepathic contact with "Vanu", spoken of as an individual rather than a long-dead species. Contact only started after Something Happened to Briggs. Briggs isn't the one calling the shots for the VS, Chairman Willis Scott is.

The "Rebirthing process" exists at this time, and I suspect it'll be used to save Genny, which is how the word'll get out. Sandy won't be willing to lock up his sister, and she'll tell her superiors why she's alive. NC spies within TR will slide the information to them, and we're off to the races.

So we've got the beginnings of an eternal war right here. TR & NC have sworn to wipe each other out (though their reasons seem a bit flimsy), and the VS are following Vanu's Word to kill them all.

Sounds like there's some brainwashing going on within the VS. "When you're shown the truth of Vanu, I know you'll want to join us, right after you enjoy some nice Koolaid. Drink up, sis."

The first batch of VS soldiers (they're all scientists, remember?) just might be all the grunts who die in this initial battle and are Rebirthificationatized with a belly full of Koolaid at the VS camp.

Or the VS technology might be epic enough to turn pasty scientist types into Fearsome Warriors. We'll see tomorrow at some point. Maybe. Hopefully with enough lead time to come up with some relevant questions by Twitter Chat Time.

EDIT: Vanu could be both a race and a single entity: Hive Mind. Or at least the version stored deep within the Auraxis Core SuperduperComputer. All the VS stored away for some point in the future. In the meanwhile, their collective consciousness communicates with the VS telepathically. All praise to Vanu. Vanu is the way and the light. There is no path to the Core save through him.

Loaves and Fishes? Ha! Watch Vanu do "Pulsars and Magriders".

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2011-10-13 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2011-10-13, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Captain B
First Sergeant

Better than the first one.
Old 2011-10-13, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post

Sounds like there's some brainwashing going on within the VS. "When you're shown the truth of Vanu, I know you'll want to join us, right after you enjoy some nice Koolaid. Drink up, sis."

The first batch of VS soldiers (they're all scientists, remember?) just might be all the grunts who die in this initial battle and are Rebirthificationatized with a belly full of Koolaid at the VS camp.

Or the VS technology might be epic enough to turn pasty scientist types into Fearsome Warriors. We'll see tomorrow at some point. Maybe. Hopefully with enough lead time to come up with some relevant questions by Twitter Chat Time.
in the past the rebirthing chambers required you to alreay be linked with it. so rebirthing those who die in the initial fight and converting these solidiers to fight for the vanu seems unlikly based off past lore. but i guess that would be the most probably way for them to gain an army, collet the bodies, rebirth them all, crap on about how the mightly vanu technology has brought them back from the dead, fighting against the vanu would be unwise....blah blah blah...they all fight for the vanu now...or those that dont are killed, permanatly.
Old 2011-10-13, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Captain B
First Sergeant

The past lore had it to where if you used a warpgate you'd die and then be reborn almost instantly somewhere else, out in the open, in the middle of nowhere, fully aware of what happened. Didn't make much sense.
Old 2011-10-13, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Captain B View Post
The past lore had it to where if you used a warpgate you'd die and then be reborn almost instantly somewhere else, out in the open, in the middle of nowhere, fully aware of what happened. Didn't make much sense.
go back and read it again, that's not what it says
Old 2011-10-13, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Captain B
First Sergeant

Close enough. There was no "binding"; warpgates stored your information, and if you died it not only saved who and what you were, but somehow maintained that data after you were scanned up to and including the moment of death - even though you wouldn't be in the warpgate the entire time.

All quite silly.
Old 2011-10-13, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
On another note, who the eff picks these character names? Dear god they are awful. Bobby Jones, Sally Smith, Johnny Roberts...i mean they dont even try. So generic and boring...i dont want to see Gruff McBulletslinger, but atleast come up with somethin that doesnt sound like it came from "Leave it to Beaver".
I was thinking the same thing...

Even Marvel has been able to come up with some cooler names than the likes of "Peter Parker" since the 60's ;p

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-10-13, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Captain B
First Sergeant

I thought the politicians' names were all right.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-13, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
I don't get this part at all...
yah, it was a revision history merge fail... it should be fixed soon.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Captain B View Post
Close enough. There was no "binding"; warpgates stored your information, and if you died it not only saved who and what you were, but somehow maintained that data after you were scanned up to and including the moment of death - even though you wouldn't be in the warpgate the entire time.

All quite silly.
My guess is that when you first step into a warp gate the original you is obliterated and a nanite copy steps out the other end. When you die the nanite corpse then deconstructs into the ground (the ground being made of nanites aswell) and the data is transmitted to the nearest spawn where you are rebuilt.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Sounds like the VS have got themselves a captive survivor from the planet's original owners. I'm thinking their chairman is making shit up though.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Sounds like the VS have got themselves a captive survivor from the planet's original owners. I'm thinking their chairman is making shit up though.
Yea, well we're relegious nut nubs and a dead Vanu talking to the chairman telling them to destory all infidels is alittle crazy.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Shit's about to get real. So you can't do a simple thing like keep the peace, eh TR and NC? Time to wipe the floor with the lot of you.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO TOAD

Um, I mean, ALL GLORY TO VANU.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea, well we're relegious nut nubs and a dead Vanu talking to the chairman telling them to destory all infidels is alittle crazy.
Yeah they are going to have to make that a lot more plausible. Rational people dont just take the voice talking inside someones head on its word.
Old 2011-10-13, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Unless it's coming from the warp.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion