Commander Organisations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: see what hapens when you try to rob me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-26, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Serbitar
Sergeant

Commander Organisations

I image some Commander Organisations for each faction and each server. For tasks like:

- coordinated attacks
- night whatches
- combined tactis
- overall fun of having it

Just a platform so that all the outfit leaders of one servers faction could communicate and plan together.
Something like:

- an IRC channel
- a forum
- a website

I would be interested in setting such a thing up for Vanu faction on Amsterdam or England (most likley Amsterdam as I am from germany) servers.

Anybody else interested ???

"May the light shine at thee in the dark !"
R| Relativity
Old 2002-12-26, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

It is a good idea, but you will probably want to wait and see what kinds of command and organization resources are available in game before you spend too much time building your application. If my whole clan comes to planetside, we have a similar web app that we'll be using for our planning, but it would only be for us and specific allies rather than the whole empire, and we're going to be on one of the US servers. I guess I'll have it even if the clan doesn't play, since I wrote it in the first place

This brings up a good line of discussion that hasn't been touched on much. Raid planning is going to be vital in this game, sometimes coordinating multiple outfits and any number squads. We know there are voice binds in the game, and we know people will use outside voice software, but how will we fit it all together to form cohesive executable plans?
Old 2002-12-26, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

That level of orginization will occur. It's really a given. I'm sure each server/faction will have its own site and channel and everything else. In Dark Age of Camelot, even though there weren't Commanders in the official sense, a high level of orginization was achieved (though not always). With an actual heirarchy, people will be much more inclined to fall into place.
Old 2002-12-26, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

It definately will occur, but the good discussion is in how it will occur. Individual outfits will come in every flavor from weak as hell to certified badass, and they will all have their own org structures. It stands to reason that there is a point where many outfits (even the leetest of ubers) will have to cooperate. This will involve some kind of trust and shared resources, whether it is a website, a forum, or some kind of in game systems that support raid and defense planning. That isn't even touching on how well the various squads and soldiers within the outfits get along. It's important because there will only be a handful of servers and each one is going to grow its own community of players.

Within the empires, the players have to go along to get along within whatever system is prominent on that server. When they can't agree and cooperate, the entire empire on a server will suffer weakness. These servers are likely to fill up instantly on release day. When you throw thousands of players into opposing communities, there will be a power struggle among the chaos in each empire as the players slowly come to some kind of consensus. Or they will be crushed by the empires that do.

Planetside is either a game or some grotesque sociology experiment.
Old 2002-12-26, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I'd wager that there will be several large collections of Outfits working together, and they may or may not cooperate often. Without a doubt there will always be a smattering of unaffiliated Outfits, and they'll likely be some of the best players as well.
Old 2002-12-27, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sputty
Banned

BTW, the night watches can and will be handled by the insomniacs and the day sleepers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion