News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 55 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We eat babies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-23, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
lawnmower
Sergeant

Re: Beta next week???

Originally Posted by mefy View Post
Pretty sure that translates to- Beta will not start next week. Maybe I can't read either?
pretty sure that translates to whatever he said. such as that it is likely that beta will start in a little over a week

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
But you are reading what you want to hear, and not actually reading what Smed is saying. He's has essentially confirmed NO BETA NEXT WEEK. Not even maybe.
you are reading what hes not saying, hes actually reading what smed is saying.
he didnt confirm that
Old 2012-07-21, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

A lil over a week is already August . So yes they missed their sometime in July mark. He cant even promise that little over a week. Well I give up. deleting twitter, staying away from PSU dont want to hear anything about PS2 untill I actually get that e-mail. If planetside2 will be everything I believe it will be then I will love ps2, I'll hate SOE but love PS2, lol. Well see you all in Beta I hope, whenever that is.

Old 2012-07-21, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

adsada

Last edited by Bags; 2012-07-25 at 02:09 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Wouldn't get your hopes up... August is looking more likely.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Canadian Vanu
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

I'm leaving for the Mediterranean on the second and won't be back for 2 weeks.

I'm not sure weather I should be depressed because I was excited for this game since announcement and beta's gonna start without me being able to play it or I should be overjoyed that I'm fulfiling my lifelong dream of going to Greece.

Probably depression
Old 2012-07-23, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
snaffe
Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by Canadian Vanu View Post
I'm leaving for the Mediterranean on the second and won't be back for 2 weeks.

I'm not sure weather I should be depressed because I was excited for this game since announcement and beta's gonna start without me being able to play it or I should be overjoyed that I'm fulfiling my lifelong dream of going to Greece.

Probably depression
I was going to say download a list of car rental numbers for when the airports close down or won't accept euros anymore. But then I realised it's difficult to drive back to Canada anyway. But I guess you could drive to a country less likely to basically implode from bankruptcy but the choice isn't that great in Southern Europe

But like seriously, Greece is not in a good place economically. Make backup plans for getting out. And I'm not a tinfoil hatter, really. Just a bit.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Folly
Private

I may be out of the loop...but wasn't the "beta in about 1 week" quote from about 1 week ago?
Old 2012-07-21, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Comet
First Sergeant

No, he said 1-2 weeks a week ago so they are actually on schedule.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Talented Maori
Corporal

Meh, won't be holding my breath!
Old 2012-07-21, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Finally got a key and might Tribes Ascend booster runs out in a week. Perfect!
Old 2012-07-21, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
FatherJack
Private

As I have said in another post I dont think many on here know how software development works or have ever been involved in IT.
I empathise with the devs, they get constantly harassed by people for a beta date so they have to give a best guess. When bugs pop up, dates have to be pushed back, there is no other way around it.
I work on software far more important than PS2 but we have had to push back release times because of bugs (and this is after months of testing).

So two things, if you don't want to be disappointed, stop demanding times from the devs. If you want rough dates, don't cry when dates get pushed back.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by FatherJack View Post
I empathise with the devs, they get constantly harassed by people for a beta date so they have to give a best guess. When bugs pop up, dates have to be pushed back, there is no other way around it.
The "best guess" by game devs is never even close to right. You would think law of averages means they would be early as often as late, but they're never early. They bring the harrassment upon themselves with their ridiculous estimates and doublespeak in order to maintain interest. They knew it would be July if they were lucky, but they don't want people to just disappear for the month of June and early July so they bring out the "in the next few weeks" line at E3 to string people along. So now we know; assuming beta is the first week of August, "few" = 8. I honestly don't care, I'm not that desperate, but some of the poor saps out there have been checking their email every minute for over a month now.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
FatherJack
Private

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
The "best guess" by game devs is never even close to right. You would think law of averages means they would be early as often as late, but they're never early. They bring the harrassment upon themselves with their ridiculous estimates and doublespeak in order to maintain interest. They knew it would be July if they were lucky, but they don't want people to just disappear for the month of June and early July so they bring out the "in the next few weeks" line at E3 to string people along. So now we know; assuming beta is the first week of August, "few" = 8. I honestly don't care, I'm not that desperate, but some of the poor saps out there have been checking their email every minute for over a month now.
I have been in development cycles where the release date that was estimated was pushed back 2 and a half months. Ain't nothing new here.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
QFAN
Private

Let's play a game:

Guess the maximum number of concurrent online players in the first week of beta.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Azarga
Corporal

Originally Posted by QFAN View Post
Let's play a game:

Guess the maximum number of concurrent online players in the first week of beta.
First week of closed beta (~700) or open beta(~8k)?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion