Whats the best way to stop a MAX crash - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Making idiots CR5 since god knows when.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-26, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sparx
Private

Whats the best way to stop a MAX crash

i love to come up with strategies, and for that i really need/want everyone's opinion

here's my idea on how :

have engineers set up a wall of turrets and behind that a large column if tanks & MAX or anything you have at your disposal , all ready to fire like there's no tomorrow

do you think this will work and if not can you give me some ideas on how ???
Old 2012-07-26, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: whats the best way to stop a MAX crash

Personally I think that particular strategy will stop....almost anything.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SgtMAD
Captain

in PS1 all you needed was some boomers,a jammer grenade and one motion sensor.

funny shit
Old 2012-07-26, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Max crashes are very fast. By time you get warned, it's already happening. So there's no preperation aside from what you have on the battefield now. Max crashes are typically done to rush inside structures, so as to avoid any vehicle counter. In PS1, if you're inside of a facility like SgtMad said, you would set boomer mines around corners, and hit their Max suits with jammer grenades to disable their weapons. I saw a boomer mine in PS2. I'm not sure about jammer grenades.

Counter? MAX crash them back with dual chain guns and armor piercing rounds?
Old 2012-07-26, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Max crashes are very fast. By time you get warned, it's already happening. So there's no preperation aside from what you have on the battefield now. Max crashes are typically done to rush inside structures, so as to avoid any vehicle counter. In PS1, if you're inside of a facility like SgtMad said, you would set boomer mines around corners, and hit their Max suits with jammer grenades to disable their weapons. I saw a boomer mine in PS2. I'm not sure about jammer grenades.

Where did you Saw a Boomer in Ps2 ?
Old 2012-07-26, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Max crashes are very fast.
Really... because in my experience they tend to take 5 mins or more to set up. Plenty of warning.

By time you get warned, it's already happening. So there's no preperation aside from what you have on the battefield now. Max crashes are typically done to rush inside structures, so as to avoid any vehicle counter.
No, actually they are to overwhelm the softies defending.

In PS1, if you're inside of a facility like SgtMad said, you would set boomer mines around corners, and hit their Max suits with jammer grenades to disable their weapons. I saw a boomer mine in PS2. I'm not sure about jammer grenades.
Jammers dont disable MAX weapons. PS2's 'Boomer' is C4.

No, AV MAXes.

Old 2012-07-26, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

In planeside 1 all you needed to do was kill the guy who was going to hack the back door for them. After which you watch in hilarity as they group up outside the door with no way in. Once they are grouped in a nice little cluster commence orbital bombardment from above with a well placed OS.

Old 2012-07-26, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hosp
First Sergeant

Send a couple squads of Mobile Infantry against them.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tsunami
Corporal

it won't work because you're expecting a max crash. The reason max crash works is cause its an element of surprise. Also you're assuming that people will follow that strategy against a tactic. The reason MAX crash works is it mobilizes an extremely immobile unit.

also with that 5 minute setup mentioned. That's ample time and you certainly won't notice like 13 players missing from a battle to set one of those up.

and with any strategy there's always a level of risk/problem with it. By seting up your wall you're creating a wall, in which you have to use your resources to hold. with a game that's dynamic you're setting up a static system. so a simple mortar team could pinpoint your wall. essentially a ranged battering ram. plus static targets are susceptible to snipers. Your wall will definetly bring some attention to anyone. Imo that's not gonna last very long. just some counter strats to your proposed one.

It's like that saying beat me once shame on you beat me twice shame on me beat me thrice there's a problem.

As for a stategy, i'd have to say is owning the air. For tactics, having tank mines indoors/chokeish points that maxes have to move through. You could setup a wall of turrets so the maxes can't walk through said chokepoint. But we don't know the physics of those turrets right now.

Last edited by Tsunami; 2012-07-26 at 03:16 PM.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gugabalog
Major

With a proper defense? Not zerg style play? Idk. Not experienced.
Old 2012-07-27, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tseralith
Private

I don't know how effective it'll be, but I heard VS are going to get a grenade which will first continously drain health from enemies and then explode with damage depending how much health it drained. Now considering a MAX crash can be clustered close to each other, such a grenade would drain a significant amount of health and maybe do enough explosive damage afterwards to kill many of them.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
have engineers set up a wall of turrets and behind that a large column if tanks & MAX or anything you have at your disposal , all ready to fire like there's no tomorrow
I think your on to something. I'll have a team dissect this tonight and see the success rate percentage. How did you come up with this? How long did it take you to come up with this? Did you have outside inspiration? Should anyone else get credit? Was this your first attempt at an in depth detailed full scale open world fps strat?
Old 2012-07-27, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Trees...
Old 2012-07-27, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gugabalog
Major

And cacti...
Old 2012-07-27, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Really... because in my experience they tend to take 5 mins or more to set up. Plenty of warning.

No, actually they are to overwhelm the softies defending.

Jammers dont disable MAX weapons. PS2's 'Boomer' is C4.

No, AV MAXes.
That 5 minutes is done in secret. What? You got an empire spy?
Defending inside structures, and away from vehicles.
Someone else mentioned jammer grenades, and couldn't remember, so I thought they did.
Boomers/C4 - It's not confirmed what the actual explosive is.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions