Too loyal? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The bastard child of Hamma and Jennyboo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-02-14, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ludio
First Sergeant

Too loyal?

Many people on the forum have an extreme view of what they expect as a commander or what they will do for their commander. They seem to demand, or are willing to give complete and utter loyalty. I think that loyalty will be important, but I think that flexibility and the ability to ignore/change orders according to the situation will be imperative.

An example of the loyalty that some expect on these forums can be found in the Japanese Military during WW2. To quote Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan: "Inferiors were taught to regard the orders of their superiors as issuing directly from the emperor. This meant that orders were infallible and obedience to them had to be absolute and unconditional."

I think that a better method is taught by the US military for Ranger units. This chapter is for Special Light Infantry Operations from the Ranger Unit Operations manual. Under section 6-4 MOUT it says: "Offensive operations by a ranger force exploit the centralized planning and decentralized execution aspects of ranger unit training. Individual action and initiative are always channeled to accomplish the commander's intent. The ranger unit's offensive tactics are based on quick action and boldness."

So what do you think? Any intelligent discussion/debate is encouraged.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion