News: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 11 Patch Notes - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Official sponser of the 2003 e-Penis competition
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-20, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Binkley
Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 11 Patch Notes

It's bad enough that they nerfed NC MAXes again, but this time they did it by making the 4(!) different shotguns there are to choose from more similar.

K/D is now meaningless, why did they do that? Two opposing squads meet in the open and fight. There are many kills and many revives. After 20 minutes, everyone on both sides could have 20-30 kills and zero deaths! Kills and deaths are no longer zero-sum.
Old 2013-06-20, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hamma
PSU Admin

The camo on the shemaugh's are broked - but apparently they figured it out

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-20, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Binkley View Post

K/D is now meaningless, why did they do that? Two opposing squads meet in the open and fight. There are many kills and many revives. After 20 minutes, everyone on both sides could have 20-30 kills and zero deaths! Kills and deaths are no longer zero-sum.

omg, who the hell cares! K/D was useless in this game anyway, since day 1.

and technically you are still on the same "life" when you are revived, deaths are now only counted if you respawn.
Old 2013-06-20, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
"Cue." And then you demean him by calling him a "newb". Hell of a 4th post to go out on, though! Ciao!

Typhaon, what's wrong with the JH changes?
Sure...

* Reload times have been nerfed.
* Damage per shot has been nerfed.
* RoF in single-shot mode has been nerfed.

* Burst-mode has never worked for me... it feels too clunky. I can already kill unaware targets on SS... and in "aware" fights, or situations where I'm dealing with multiple targets - the reload time between bursts feels like it quickly becomes a major drag on your damage output and aiming consistency (both theoretical and real world).

* 48 to 54 is fine... but with the nerfs, I'm not sure if that is really any kind of actual combat benefit. As it stood, I rarely ever found myself 'out of ammo' using the JH.

* I'm sure 6 to 9 feels better for people that weren't using upgrades - I was... so, 10 to 12 (again a "nerfed" 12) doesn't feel like I gained anything.

tl;dr -- The way it has played since the patch, I notice the nerfs and don't seem to notice the buffs.
Old 2013-06-20, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
OCNSethy
Major

Im going to reserve judgement until after I d/l the update and play for a while.

I'll be interested in how useful the Burster Max will be after the changes. I still remember killing a GAL on the Crown Landing pad all the way from Cross Roads Tower.. that couldnt continue... it was too insane.
Old 2013-06-20, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
camycamera
Major

it's not a big update i'm guessing
Old 2013-06-20, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Sure...

* Reload times have been nerfed.
* Damage per shot has been nerfed.
* RoF in single-shot mode has been nerfed.

* Burst-mode has never worked for me... it feels too clunky. I can already kill unaware targets on SS... and in "aware" fights, or situations where I'm dealing with multiple targets - the reload time between bursts feels like it quickly becomes a major drag on your damage output and aiming consistency (both theoretical and real world).

* 48 to 54 is fine... but with the nerfs, I'm not sure if that is really any kind of actual combat benefit. As it stood, I rarely ever found myself 'out of ammo' using the JH.

* I'm sure 6 to 9 feels better for people that weren't using upgrades - I was... so, 10 to 12 (again a "nerfed" 12) doesn't feel like I gained anything.

tl;dr -- The way it has played since the patch, I notice the nerfs and don't seem to notice the buffs.

But at least they improved the MCG.........which already was better than the JH
Old 2013-06-20, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
But at least they improved the MCG.........which already was better than the JH
Yup. It's kind of the lot of NC. The enemy gets more things to obliterate us before we get into range of our best weapons... and they are nerfing those!

I haven't enjoyed being on the receiving end of the MCG, tonight.

However... I DO like the noises I'm hearing... it's pretty ominous in combat. I like how it sounds, even in the distance.
Old 2013-06-20, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

After playing tonight during our Outfit's Ops and getting to "experience" the new MCG sound, I am convinced now that the TR Heavies all work in an Auto Body and Tire shop....and the impact wrenches have all had their governors removed.

...RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppppppppp!
Old 2013-06-20, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
AThreatToYou
Major

Bought shemagh
acquired swag
Old 2013-06-20, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Falcon_br
Captain

Today everyone were laughing of the new mcg sound, now we got a lawn mower.
My outfit went to Amerish just to get all the mcg we got and start using it on the bushes and talking on the proximity chat, move along this bush is already mine to mower.
It was a afternoon of many laughs.
We are ok with the sound, but as an old sound designer, I wish there where some kind of transition sound between the first and the last, it is not easy to do, but it can be done, maybe with fade and sobrepositions, maybe with just one sound where it increase the frequency and get the second one, like real mini guns.
The night vision is dead, real dead, there is no point of using it anymore. Everything on the same color is like giving camuflage for free to all enemies, maybe we can use it at night, but during the day we are better without it.
Infantry nv/ir scopes are also dead, but talking to my outfit members, they were true, everyone was using it, but maybe the scope sway was an overkill to it.
Skyguards are real monsters now, and the maxes buster now have a real big recoil, is ok for short range, but you can no longer destroy far away enemies with it.

I field tested the mcg, and checking the patch notes, looks like it hasn't improved in anything.

The new updates on the cosmetics UI, the option to unlock attachments on the weapon, the option to create an platoon with just one squad...
Also, see where everyone is into your squad, see the numbers over the vehicles, see where each gunner is aiming...
The game is really getting almost complete to the ps-4 launch!

Also, the shemags are real nice, the TR one looks way better in game that on those screenshots! It looks good I'm almost all classes! Maybe just not on the medic, but even on the heavy it is,looking great!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-21, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Falcon_br
Captain

I forgot to say, but the movement inheritance introduced on GU 03 is gone.
You can no longer use small terrain inclination to do amazing high jumps.
You can no longer get on the top of the buildings with the max on bio labs.
You can no longer climb tower with all classes.

Maxes now been expensive are no longer with infinity numbers on Mani Bio Lab, because there it is tank resources, and with a single pool you can only pull it twice, maxes waiting for medics are now a common sight on the ground.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-21, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Skyguards are real monsters now...
Ok, what the fuck are you talking about?

The Skyguard is still a piece of shit, yes it's better then it's launch incarnation, but they did NOTHING to improve it's effective Engagement range.

You still have to lead everything by three lengths just to get hit indicators, so they've done NOTHING to tighten the Cone of Fire and basic maneuvering will leave you missing completely...

I felt more effective shooting at a god damn Vanu Armor Column then a single Nose-gunning Liberator!
Old 2013-06-21, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
it's not a big update i'm guessing
It's a 417 MB dl.

Some undocumented stuff I've noticed so far (I have to reread the patch notes to see if it's really not there):

- Ammo Sundy minimap indicator (has a bullet icon next to the vehicle).
- Mines now have Red/Blue color for Friendly/Enemy mines.
- Extra graphics on Jumppad.
- Added cover spot on rooftop across the Biolab Spawn point.
- New Engie AI turret and minigun-type crosshairs.
- Dead Biolab SCU + 50% capture point = lowered spawn shield but terminals still functional.
- Darker night

Funny, they still haven't installed the Biolab ambush-area fix on Esamir Biolabs. It's my favorite ambush spot and I don't mind them taking it away at all (on GU10), but just saying, they fixed the Indar Biolabs but not Esamir's? I have to check the Amerish ones too
Old 2013-06-21, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Some nice improvements for squads and territories, though I can't say I'm happy with the reductions on Bursters; that change now gives Liberators near the roof of the world the ability to spam-bomb you with impunity.

It should be adjusted so that there is a maximum range ordinance can travel before it detonates, meaning such aircraft has to be closer to the target to engage.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion