So what do you do when you maxed out your playstyle, cert wise? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Opinions Inside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-29, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Re: So what do you do when you maxed out your playstyle, cert wise?

Invest in the other 95% of the game you're missing out on.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I'm getting there.

I've got about 1000 certs I don't know what to do with.
same here lol
Old 2013-05-29, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Maybe,

Im just waiting for Implants, hopefully they are good Permanent implants like Planetside 1.

Not like the ones in beta, where I believe they were just for like a day and were really small perks like reloading faster.
Old 2013-05-30, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mordelicius
Major

My guess is they will implement new cert sinks in the far future like player housing. Right now they still have a boat-load of items to be released.

Let me see, they got the other Max abilities, xbows, new ES vehicles. As well as chockful of new skills for infantry and existing vehicles. And those are just the known ones.

I'm sure they still have plenty not ready for public disclosure. And where is the dumbfire Engineer AV turret? What about the Engineer AA turret(s)?
Old 2013-05-30, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

I'm still waiting for my "playstyle" to be added (maybe in Aug), it got left behind in PS1 along with cert caps and not giving a shit about certs once you reached max Battle Rank.

This thread really goes back to the other one on "content". We have players wanting more content and more character progression for them to play through like this is some themepark mmorpg. Something is clearly missing, because PS1 felt it had much more to it than such shallow gameplay. PS2 really needs more depth to it's gameplay. The core game should be fun and remain so over time without relying on having constant new toys to spend certs on. Players need to be invested in their faction of choice, and wining and losing for your faction needs a lot more weight to it... it needs to matter to players.
Old 2013-05-30, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Remember those games where you played for fun without a carrot dangling infront of you?

You maxed out your class now you can really effectively play that class. There will be a heavy class pass but thats well down the line.

Save those certs for class updates/vehicle updates.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-30, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Play the other classes, I've mostly focused in infil but i want to max out all the classes. You are seriously limiting yourself if all you play is HA.
Old 2013-05-30, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bankrotas
Private

I enjoy too many playstyles to be certed out in single one of them.

Galaxy seems to be a huge certhole to fill.
Old 2013-05-30, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Remember those games where you played for fun without a carrot dangling infront of you?
When was those games made? All sens the 80's arcade games you have had a carrot dangling infront of you.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Figment
Lieutenant General

Once you've invested around 500 into each class, you're pretty much done, tbh. >_>
Old 2013-05-31, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
I enjoy too many playstyles to be certed out in single one of them.

Galaxy seems to be a huge certhole to fill.
Dude, the galaxy is like:

700 certs the engine.
1.000 certs all weapons.
600 certs flak armor.

Done, all pimped!

You could get flares, or fire suspressions, I don´t know, but with less them 3.000 certs your galaxy is ready fulled pimped!

Today I got almost all my vehicles/max cooldown up to lvl 6-7 of 10, Now I can get what I want when I want, With membership + alpha squad I can pull prowlers for all my squad members, just did it today, too bad on my last prowler I had to pull with the same camo as one of the first 11, because I just got 10 vehicles camouflage.
Almost considering to buy the greyscale camouflage so I can get 12 different MBT for my squad, but doing some research I found the US army canceled the universal camouflage program, because it was not effective as the specific ones, so maybe I wont get it.
People of my outfit already know, the only weapons I don´t have for my prowler are the kobalt and the g40, all others you can pick for you.
I just have one way to get an ability/equipament, or I get it on the maximum level, or I don´t get it, there is no point of using the adrenaline shield of anchored mode (on both prowler and max) on level one, they drawbacks are the same from lvl 1 to lvl 5, so if you are going to get it, get on maximum level! Of course, smoke launchers, gate shield diffuse, fire suppression, those thing don´t need to be more then lvl one to be effective, so I don´t get more then one level on it.
Today I unlocked a second set of lvl 5 armor for 3 classes, to test it on the battlefield, people told me medics got killed more from explosions, so I got flak for it, just 1.200 certs to get a full lvl 5 armor (flak or nano) is kind of cheap.
On my outfit I have people with more level then me with less weapons / equipment, because they use certs to buy weapons. I am just wondering, if I reach lvl 100, without spending certs to unlock weapons, what I will do with all those certs?

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-31, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I remember the good old days where people played for the fun of a game and not for the next unlock... I guess those times are long gone.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-05-31, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Maybe, I will only need a 100 kills in my mosquito to go around ESF threads claiming I'm an expert in ESF.....and claim it doesn't matter what Experience ESF pilots feel, I only need stats!

I remember the good old days where people played for the fun of a game and not for the next unlock... I guess those times are long gone.

.sent via phone.
I been max HA since like the first month...Ever since I got lvl 5 Adrenaline shield I been set....I play for fun, I love HA.

Just do wish however did it had more depth like BlackLight....Like I said ill wait for implants or just spend it on something else.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-05-31 at 03:34 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
camycamera
Major

if i max out a class until i'm happy with what i've got or when i have everything i want in the class, i usually move on and focus on the next class. i did this in BF2142. maxed out the assault class, moved on to infiltrator. i have pretty much got everything i want out of the LA class, and will still play with it, but might focus on HA or infiltrator or engineer a bit more. those are the only other classes i play, i haven't hardly touched the medic class lol (i know i should though...)
Old 2013-06-01, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
leifnielsen
Corporal

So what do you do when you maxed out your playstyle, cert wise?
KILL.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion