Nice work by AMS driver in Faro today - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All Planetside. All the Time. Except for the Political Debate Forum.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I really think were on to something here

But dont you need to be perfectly still for the little deployment circle to pop up? If not this whould be a worthwhile strategy, i know many a person who whould give their life to ensure the teams AMS couldnt be dinked with.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-05, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
beavis88
Sergeant

You know, I didn't think of that...I certainly couldn't deploy the damn thing, but whoever parked it there must have someone...hmm
Old 2003-06-05, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Plato
Sergeant

I'm AMS cert and if the AMS is locked, it cannot be undeployed by your own team. Problems is that when you die, the thing goes to empire. Then it's only a matter of time before some idiot runs around to the wrong end, undeploys and compromises it.

Happened to me just last night and I had to keep remembering to lock it with every respawn. Should be really easy to fix for the devs. Keep the damn AMS locked after the owner respawns.. or some kind of "Undeploy AMS - Are you Sure?" message.

Would be cool if there was a "This AMS was provided by XXX" msg when you use it. Not many people cert in AMS and that would work to encourage it.
Old 2003-06-05, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I want like 5pts for every spawn at my ams, right now it is great for the field, but with getting NO pts for ts use, esp when it has no weapons, is odd.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-05, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by MrVulcan
I want like 5pts for every spawn at my ams, right now it is great for the field, but with getting NO pts for ts use, esp when it has no weapons, is odd.

I'd make it 1pt per spawn though, then every 5 mins the AMS stays alive the pts per spawn goes up so that if you hide your AMS and/or defend it well enough you can eventually get 5 pts per spawn or something. I think that would be awesome anyway.

I really really really wish they gave BEPs for support roles , Like 1 BEP per 5 pts healed or something. Would be cool for us support guys instead of just leaching BEPs of our squadmembers.
Old 2003-06-05, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

yep. support needs direct pts for their work
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-05, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Hrmmm

There's much bigger fish they need to fry in the exp system before they start giving ams drivers points, what i whould like to see is the exp scale erqualed out so a support guy supporting a squad makes as good an exp as one diphead soloing in a reaver. Most likely not gonna happen though, I'd do ams work just for the satisfaction of helping my team and being able to respawn quickly near the battlefield but i'm that kinda guy.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion