Fighting NC - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why won't my Mac run this?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-17, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Fighting NC

I am not trying to create any trouble or flames/spam. This is mainly here for TR and VS. Have you been intentionally avoiding the NC lately due to the jackhammer? It seems like many TR squads form up and go to VS backyard conts.. while the NC caps all our backdoors

Just an observarion I had, is it true?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-17, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Trencher
Private

We intentionally sometimes avoid TR because of their Cyclers and Miniguns... and the Vanu because of their Lashers and Lancers. I personally think all of the heavy assault weapons are cheesy AND MEANT TO BE and I'd rather have a TR minigun than a Jackhammer any day but that's just my play style I guess.

And there's lots of statements on the official boards about how cheesy the JH is and how EVERY NC carries one... I honestly, and maybe it's just me or the server I play on, don't see all that many of my team mates using the Jackhammer. I think 2 guys in my outfit use it but the majority I see in NC are using the Gauss as their primary weapon.
Old 2003-06-17, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

I really don't have a problem with the Jackhammer. I get killed by a whole variety of weapons all the time, I don't see why I should be any more upset when I'm shredded by the Jackhammer than when I'm obliterated by a Vanguard shell or anything else.
Old 2003-06-17, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crono
Second Lieutenant

Re: Fighting NC

Originally posted by Hamma
I am not trying to create any trouble or flames/spam. This is mainly here for TR and VS. Have you been intentionally avoiding the NC lately due to the jackhammer? It seems like many TR squads form up and go to VS backyard conts.. while the NC caps all our backdoors

Just an observarion I had, is it true?
If anyone has watched my stats lately (plz dont k thx), you'll see that my Vanu kills have passed my NC kill count by three hundred in the last... Two days I think. I don't know if it is about the Jackhammer, but probobly is.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I think one of the reasons everybody uses the JH is because everybody goes on and on about how godly it is. I figured I would create a character to test out the JH and see if it is all that godly, and honestly, I think its popularity is due mainly to people beleiving their own press. I bet if there where a large amount of people complaining about how overpowered the lasher was, I bet you would see them alot more people using them.

The fact is, alot of people picked up the JH cert because they hear how godly it was, and kept it because it is a good weapon. Other people hear how much their HW sucks, so they don't even try it outside of maybe VR training.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Trencher
Private

I agree Bob. Personally I thought the Jackhammer was a POS, overrated, and even then only really useful is certain situations (inside buildings, specifically...) and at about the same time I began seriously respecting the TR minigun and made a TR character on another server to try it out... my suspicions were true, 5 kills on suicidal charge in which I ended up not dying... used a few medipacks and a total of 20 kills before finally dying. Maybe I was just having a good day as I haven't played that character since, but in semi close gun battles you can't beat the thing, as soon as your opponent needs to reload you've got the upper hand on the situation. Awesome weapon.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

You know what? If 3 out of 4 people used the MCG I'd be hesitant to fight TR, because 3/4 people would have a HW. I don't like fighting against the MCG or the Lasher because either one can kill me in under 1.5 seconds. However all I seem to run into when fighting VS/TR is medium assault weapons, more so with the TR. I'm glad of this because while a cycler can kill me fast it doesn't scare me as much as someone walking around with a gun the size of a person.

Point being it works both ways. If tons of TR had the MCG, they'd be avoided when possible. If tons of VS carried lashers they'd also be avoided where possible

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Trencher
I agree Bob. Personally I thought the Jackhammer was a POS, overrated, and even then only really useful is certain situations (inside buildings, specifically...) and at about the same time I began seriously respecting the TR minigun and made a TR character on another server to try it out... my suspicions were true, 5 kills on suicidal charge in which I ended up not dying... used a few medipacks and a total of 20 kills before finally dying. Maybe I was just having a good day as I haven't played that character since, but in semi close gun battles you can't beat the thing, as soon as your opponent needs to reload you've got the upper hand on the situation. Awesome weapon.
Exactly. I have tried both the Chaingun and the JH and I think they are both the way a HW should be. I played with the lasher for a short period of time and I think it does indeed need a little bump. But there is no excuse for not seeing tons of MCG kills aside from the fact that everybody goes on and on about how much they suck so much that people won't even try it.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
Exactly. I have tried both the Chaingun and the JH and I think they are both the way a HW should be. I played with the lasher for a short period of time and I think it does indeed need a little bump. But there is no excuse for not seeing tons of MCG kills aside from the fact that everybody goes on and on about how much they suck so much that people won't even try it.
I'm not going to post a real reply to this, as this isn't the thread for it, but I just wanted to let you know that I think this is a pretty ridiculous post, and I really wish you NC people wouldn't try to downplay the best weapon in the game like that.

As for avoiding them, no, I don't avoid the NC because their weapon is a bit stronger than it should be. Actually, for whatever reason I seem to be fighting the NC more than I usually do, although that may be because I've become very fond of the sniper rifle, and given that virtually all NC infantry use a Phoenix and a Jackhammer, they're fairly easy kills. If I were making a conscious decision about where I'd fight, and were using my regular Cylcer instead of a Bolt Driver though, I'd probably prefer to fight the Vanu.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stimulate
Corporal

I rather fight the NC because of the challenge of the JH, but when VS zergs I always rather fight their hordes instead of NC.
Old 2003-06-17, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
�io
Lieutenant General

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. I know i hate fighting against VS, the lasher (despite what some say) is a very dangerous weapon in CQBs and the lancer is pretty deadly too.
Old 2003-06-17, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Hamma, both NC and TR like to pick on the VS. We are like the little kid on the block the two bullies like to pound on.
Old 2003-06-17, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tryndamere
Sergeant

It wasn't really a conscious choice for me, but I have found myself attacking Amerish (VS) a lot more simply because I have more fun fighting them than NC.

I think the VS look cooler, are more versatile (thereby throwing a variety of tactics at me), and just all round more fun to fight.

Every NC fight seems to be a zerg/rush fight where they try to get close enough to use the JH, and I find outdoor fighting where people are advancing over territory more fun.

/shrug
Old 2003-06-17, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Hama, Im NC.

Most of my kills are Gauss, I don't even cert in heavy assault as I feel it's a lot of points.

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com...974&worldId=15

See, no HA
Old 2003-06-17, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
PR24
Major

One thing the NC have to remember about the JH. WE CAN LOOT THEM. So down playing how they work or there power is pretty dumb. Other empires have used them and know how godly they are.

However I would rather see the Mini CG brought up to NC JH level then see the JH nerfed a lot. I think the rate of fire has to be looked at if nothing else it too powerful in it's current state.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion