What should I do with these cert points? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's html?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-18, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info
What should I do with these cert points?

I am currently Battle Rank 18, Command Rank 2. I know I may be thinking ahead of myself... but I've always thought about what I should do with my last two cert points when I hit battle Rank 20. I currently have these certs:

Medium Assault
Special Assault
Reinforced Exo-Suit
Medical
Advanced Medical
Engineering
Combat Engineering
Lightning

And I've thought about these certfications (I've had all of the following certifications before, I've just dropped them):

- Infiltration Suit:
Reasons: This might actually make my combat engineering certification useful. Also, I love the repeater.However, when I had it on my character before, I noticed it was fairly useless without Advanced Hacking. Also, I have no favorite's loadouts left, so I would not have any place to put my favorites loadouts.
- Tactical Support:
Reasons: AMS and Router work very well with Combat Engineering. Plus, it would overall help.
- Dropping Combat Engineer and getting Reaver:
Reasons: When I had reaver before, I got plenty of kills. It worked out well, but I dropped it when I got more certs. Also, since Combat engineering is my least used cert, it wouldn't hurt too much to drop it.

So, um, yeah, any help deciding would be much appreciated. Oh yeah, I play Terran Republic.
Old 2003-11-18, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zompton
Corporal

Reavers are realy fun but the tactical support is a great idea.
Old 2003-11-18, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zompton
Corporal

Reavers are realy fun but tactical support is a great idea.
Old 2003-11-18, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zompton
Corporal

lol oops
Old 2003-11-18, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Dont bother getting infil suit w/out hacking unless you just want the suit to kill people with. Dont bother with tactical support unless you enjoy support. Given your current certs, Reaver looks like the best fit
Old 2003-11-18, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EarlyDawn
Major General

Tactical Support.

Surround Router with spitfires and farther out, mines. Deploy pad in hot enemy CY. Stupid fucks won't even see it comming.
Old 2003-11-18, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Tactical support best

and if u really wanted reaver dont give up CE give up adv med cause everyone jus hits the release whenever they die

trust me ive been a adv med for a VERY long time, got sick of that shit
Old 2003-11-18, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Well, the thing is, is that I've looked back at all of my certifications. I've used all of them extensively... except for Combat Engineering. Of course, I've gotten the odd kill with my ACE... but I've even used Advanced Medical more than CE.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

How much do you use rexo when attacking? It might be worth it to think about getting either ATV (for the switch mostly) or a harrasser to round out your char. Other then that, i would recommend tactical support.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Well, what I would do, is that I'll use my lightning to travel to battles, then I'll switch to my rexo when I die. I actually traded mosquito for lightning, and I used the mosquito mostly to travel. But at least I can get kills with my Lightning. That's another reason why I'm thinking of getting reaver.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Depends on what you like to do. But if you do alot of gruntwork, I'd drop either CE or AMed and pick up HA. The MCG is the best gun in the game right now, and will certainly help your kill count. You could also get your skeeter back, and go do tower drops with your MCG. Fun stuff!

Here's my br20 certs:

Medium Assault
Special Assault
Reinforced Exo-Suit
Medical
Advanced Medical
Engineering
Heavy Assault
Mosquito

I switch back and forth from AMed to Tactical Support alot. I find uses for both of them. Seems like there are never enough AMSes to go around.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TeraHertz
Major

Tactical support. I dropped my liberator to get it back. Really couldn't live without my old AMS. Slow as hell, a reaver magnet, and underapretiated, but indespensible.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Every soldier should have Advanced Hacking. Every single one. You'd be amazed how many times you can hack a cc just by throwing caution to the wind, even in the middle of some surprisingly heavy combat. Hacking entry area equipment terminals means you can have MAX support on your march to the spawn room. There are so many virtues of Adv. Hax and when it comes down to it, we do get a decent amount of certs, so it's not like people can't afford it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-18, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jagd
Major

I say go for the AMS, you'll find a lot more uses for combat engineering once you do, and it will make you 10 times better at soloing.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
Every soldier should have Advanced Hacking. Every single one. You'd be amazed how many times you can hack a cc just by throwing caution to the wind, even in the middle of some surprisingly heavy combat. Hacking entry area equipment terminals means you can have MAX support on your march to the spawn room. There are so many virtues of Adv. Hax and when it comes down to it, we do get a decent amount of certs, so it's not like people can't afford it.
I can't disagree more. 5 cert points is alot, and I'd have to drop something I love to get it. Hacking is NOT a necessity for everyone! It's all about defined roles. You need combat engineers as much as you need advanced hackers, and as much as you need advanced medics. You can't expect many people to have more than one of those roles. I think each one is equally important.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion