What should I do with these cert points? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Highway to hell, baby, goin' down!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-18, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

You couldnt pay me to waste 5 points on hacking for one of my Grunt characters. Must haves for grunts include medical, engy, MA, HA, SA, Rexo, and a vehicle. That doesnt leave any points left unless you plan on taking that character all the way.

Like I said before, if you dont like support roles, you arent going to like wasting time with an AMS. Everytime you go to the vehicle console, your going to get your Lightning or perhaps wish you could score a reaver. If you do like support, Tactical support is a godsend and one of my personal favorites, but the absolute last thing I want to do when playing one of my grunt chars is to be screwing around with an AMS
Old 2003-11-18, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I've actually come to the conclusion that Adv. Medic does more damage to an empire than it does good. All the seconds from all the people that don't respawn while waiting for a medic add up to a very long time, when in most cases it's better to just respawn somewhere else anyway. Hackers keep terminals going, shave precious seconds off the base hacks, allow AMS to roll out of hacked vehicle terminals, hack lockers... it's amazing. Take all the Adv. Hackers out of a battle and watch the chaos. Take all the Adv. Medics out and nobody would notice.

Which basically is my way of saying: please devs, give medics something new to do.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-19, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
I've actually come to the conclusion that Adv. Medic does more damage to an empire than it does good. All the seconds from all the people that don't respawn while waiting for a medic add up to a very long time, when in most cases it's better to just respawn somewhere else anyway. Hackers keep terminals going, shave precious seconds off the base hacks, allow AMS to roll out of hacked vehicle terminals, hack lockers... it's amazing. Take all the Adv. Hackers out of a battle and watch the chaos. Take all the Adv. Medics out and nobody would notice.

Which basically is my way of saying: please devs, give medics something new to do.
Again I disagree here. Yes, there is a point where waiting for a medic is counterproductive. But if you give it at least 10 or 15 seconds to see if a medic is around, it's worth it. Especially if you're inside an enemy base, and it took you a couple of minutes of fighting to work your way in. You're saying it's more productive to just respawn and have to go through all of that again?

And a medic is invaluable in small skirmishes, like squad-vs-squad or special ops missions. Take a squad to hotdrop behind enemy lines to their tech plant. Take down the gen. Have medic stay behind your front line while you defend the gen. When enemies come to repair the gen, you'll love having that medic there to take care of any casualties. It can make the difference in a gen op working for 30 seconds, or lasting for an hour. Now tell me, don't you think that kinda helps out the empire?
Old 2003-11-19, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

As someone who switches to my Med ap inside a base during an assault, I can assure you Reviving folks makes a difference. I have a macro I use when the head of a force gets near a choke point and people will wait for me. It seems like 9 times out of 10 Assault grunts have thier own repair gun so I just revive, then move to the nex one or just heal folks. This makes your force quite a lot harder to dispatch and eventually, your going to get the Gen, CC, or spawn tubes
Old 2003-11-19, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I like to think of those last two points as a daily option. If I think I'll need an AMS to support the assault I get that. If I feel like defending some key towers that day, I'll pick up an AA MAX. Aircraft are usually the first to respond to unusual tower hacks. I sometimes carry the ATV because I love the Switchblade. I don't get a lot of kills in it, but it's fun.

I only have a few Certs that I consider a daily must have. The rest are just options that change regularly depending on my mood and what roles I want to play.

Engineering, Combat Engi and Special Assault are the only ones I hang on to religiously.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion