PSU: Hey, At Least It's Not Crack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-01-09, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Humans have to have violence. It's part of our tribal nature that urges us to become dominant. Look at ancient Rome, they had centuries of piece among themselves because if they were haveing a bad day, or got in a fight with the wife, they could go to the gladiator games and see some heads chopped off.

The equivelent of modern day colloseum fights are boxing and "profesional" wrestleing. Its fun to cheer for someone geting their ass handed to them.

However, modern civilization detests violence among people(terrorists are not part of modern civilization), even a fist-fight among men. People have to find outlets for this aggresion. Some yell, some beat their kids/wife. Others pick up a gun and start shooting people. Some try to make themselves look big and bad on a forum board.

The offical boards are filled with unobservant, foolish little morons that think that all caps helps their possition. I avoid those boards now, because the last 2 threads I read lead me to uncontroled flameing, and thats not what I'm trying to acomplish.
Old 2003-01-10, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
avail
Staff Sergeant

SandTrout put it pretty nicely.
Old 2003-01-10, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Blitzkrieg
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by SandTrout
Humans have to have violence. It's part of our tribal nature that urges us to become dominant. Look at ancient Rome, they had centuries of piece among themselves because if they were haveing a bad day, or got in a fight with the wife, they could go to the gladiator games and see some heads chopped off.

The equivelent of modern day colloseum fights are boxing and "profesional" wrestleing. Its fun to cheer for someone geting their ass handed to them.

However, modern civilization detests violence among people(terrorists are not part of modern civilization), even a fist-fight among men. People have to find outlets for this aggresion. Some yell, some beat their kids/wife. Others pick up a gun and start shooting people. Some try to make themselves look big and bad on a forum board.

The offical boards are filled with unobservant, foolish little morons that think that all caps helps their possition. I avoid those boards now, because the last 2 threads I read lead me to uncontroled flameing, and thats not what I'm trying to acomplish.
Old 2003-01-10, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Guardians sig looks a shit bit just like Optimus Prime. Sweet the NC get Optimus Prime!!!!

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-10, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

nav wtf are you talking about?
Old 2003-01-10, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Moloch
Master Sergeant

I posted in the official forums for a while, as Milotov, but i have reformed. I said, "Wow, there is a planetside forum with SMART people!" And left. I hope I didn't bash others opinions too much while over there, cuz I try not to do that. I only go there for vauss2 and some others who actually have stuff to say.
Old 2003-01-10, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
NARF
Corporal

hmm, my friend's dad died last night.

Lucky for me I believe in god, so its no big deal. But I dont like talking about religion on the internet, it always turns into a flame war, so pretend i didnt just say that.
Old 2003-01-10, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Marsman
Major

My condolences to you, your friend, and his family. Never easy to lose a loved one.
Old 2003-01-10, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Myhouse43
Private

GOOSECOCKS, that thread was full of GOOSECOCKS, but it does need to be seen so that we can black list those GOOSECOCKS.
Old 2003-01-11, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Bighoss
General

NARF do you live in Israel? I would look at that and say "Hey its not worth it to live here if I need to worry about loosing my manhood and some bastard writing on me with a sharpie"

Dio we will never EVER have complete world peace Every species has another to keep them in check. We don't so we need to do it ourselves. Its just us we fight its in our genes to fight and disagree and want to destroy others and there creations. Here's a classic (your 3 years old and building a sand castle. A bastard kid comes up and steps on it because yours is better than his. You run over and step on his next thing you know your beating the shit out of eachother) We've been fighting for probauly half a million years. Shortly after discovering fire and the wheel Homo Erectus made weapons to beat eachother over the head with. 2000 BCE the first Empires start to appear and they fight eachother. We are no different than they are except we have gathered knowledge and advanded more in technology. Look out our technology the first thing we do is figure out how to make a god damn weapon out of anything we invent
Old 2003-01-11, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Moloch
Master Sergeant

Just a hint, it's not good to try to make a point about world peace with a sig like that . I agree, but not quite the way it is. I think that without evil, being good has no value, cuz it requires no effort with anything. In a land where everything is peaceful, and people are happy, everyone will be a shallow, useless, and low quality being. This is because shallow, useless, and low quality beins do not fight, work, or exert themselves into anything that means anything. That is why there must always be discord, challenge, and opposition.
Old 2003-01-11, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sputty
Banned

Heh, how are they "Neo"-facists(I corrected the spelling)?....I don't think he knows what the prefix Neo is...
Old 2003-01-12, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by Sputty
I don't think he knows what the prefix Neo is...
Come to think of if, I don't know what it means either, please, enlighten me.

We are no different than they are except we have gathered knowledge and advanded more in technology.
Yes, civilization=killing people more efficiently.
Old 2003-01-12, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Diego
First Sergeant

NARF, Sorry for all the shit thats happened man, I feel for ya.

As for the whole get along thing, it does suck, and I forever will..

I've always thought that the whole Area 51 should release info and we should fight some Alien Race, similar to Independance Day, so we all get along.. This whole terrorist shit, and nuke this nuke that, North Korea fucking around with agreements they made in 1994 and are breaking now.. This shit needs to stop, and the sad thing is it wont.. The sad thing some don't realize that I hate realizing and I try to forget is that we all could possibly be here for the end of it all...

This shit is retarded.. We should just fucking get along "Oh that fucker has freedom, lets destroy the Earth because of it, instead of growing the fuck up and becoming free ourselves".

Some people are really really stupid, as most of us know.. But what happens is out of our hands... Its just a matter of time, as sad as that may be, or a miricle...
Old 2003-01-12, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sputty
Banned

Neo means young or youthful...The TR are exact opposites and the oldest of the empires.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge