Training centre? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ( . )( . ) BOOBS!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-24, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Re: Training centre?

I think the PS1 training system was perfect. If you actually read everything and took some time, you'd learn a lot. Hope something similar is in PS2. It was nice to try out all the vehicles and see where you want to spend your certs. This will be even more important in PS2, as you will have to pick your specialization, and cert training takes longer.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ailos
Contributor
Major

I remember going through offline training, too. It wasn't actually that bad, except that as Doublexbaugh mentioned, it was bugged.

I remember Higby saying that "something similar to the VR" will still be implemented in the game. What I'd really love is for the VR to be more than just a shooting shack, but maybe a whole virtual base, so that outfits can train their new members in there. Or if there's a "Trainer" type role in PS2, those of us veterans that have experience with the game from Beta will be able to put our name in the bucket, and then, a new player can go through reading or video tutorials, or request one of us to go into the VR with them and help them out. (I'd totally do that as a service to the community.)

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-02-24, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

I used to enjoying showing people the ropes. If they have a specific class direction for it then that's cool but i cannot see how they would do this.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
WaryWizard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
I remember going through offline training, too. It wasn't actually that bad, except that as Doublexbaugh mentioned, it was bugged.

I remember Higby saying that "something similar to the VR" will still be implemented in the game. What I'd really love is for the VR to be more than just a shooting shack, but maybe a whole virtual base, so that outfits can train their new members in there. Or if there's a "Trainer" type role in PS2, those of us veterans that have experience with the game from Beta will be able to put our name in the bucket, and then, a new player can go through reading or video tutorials, or request one of us to go into the VR with them and help them out. (I'd totally do that as a service to the community.)
I like it.

Having a very skilled outfit making various virtual simulations showing all the mechanics would be nice. Maybe make it where the person in charge has a freecam to move around, and maybe even provide a voice over narrating it. Then people can rate things on how useful they were. So the eople that join a year down the road can go to the VR room. Request training videos, and try all the things out in the room. This would allow newberts to learn the basics quite well.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion