So..... NC guns arent bad anymore. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: pump shit underground
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-04, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

So..... NC guns arent bad anymore.

They werent all bad before but several of them had a highly annoying disadvantage thanks to the flinch code.

After trying the new mpatch for the weekend - Im happy.

The AC-X11 is no longer a suicide weapon inside 40 meters.
You can even sort of use a Piston now with slugs inside 40 meters with out failing horribly once someone shoots at you.(but really its still not a good choice.)

It too bad they didnt use this code at release - but glad they made the change.
Old 2013-03-04, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: So..... NC guns arent bad anymore.

Glad they finally did this, besides helping out the NC it was bloody annoying for everyone.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-04 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2013-03-04, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
VGCS
Corporal

Thanks for the report. Good to hear. I was one of the first ppl to really champion this cause the first month of release when everyone was blaming it on NC's weapon stats instead. Little annoyed it took this long but its well worth it if we avoided the mess of musical-chairs weapon rebalancing that could have taken place.... (and taken even longer)
Old 2013-03-04, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
camycamera
Major

so.... you are saying the NC finally figured out how to aim? :P
Old 2013-03-04, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Loban
Private

I know this has been discussed like crazy. But I still feel that there should be zero flinch when shields are up, and flinch should be directly proportional to the amount of damage caused. Does anyone know if this is at all how they implemented it?
Old 2013-03-04, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
Well said!
Old 2013-03-04, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
I'm not sure about that but they're standing still in the open now thinking they can or something now that flinch isn't in their way.
Old 2013-03-04, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

The crying stopped once they rotated into a good warpgate and realized their weaponry wasn't at fault for their lack of territory, just an awful, awful position.
Old 2013-03-04, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
The crying stopped once they rotated into a good warpgate and realized their weaponry wasn't at fault for their lack of territory, just an awful, awful position.
very true.
Old 2013-03-04, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bunk
Corporal

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
big up!
Old 2013-03-04, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Except that no - we all still knew some of guns were at a serious disadvantage.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Chewy
Major

Till the VR room comes I can't comment on this to much. I know my aim sucks, but I can't take my lack of skill as a NC norm as there are lots better than me and I know it.

We win the fights we want to win and loose those we don't want to loose same as everyone else. Without the VR shooting ranges and getting a feel on real(ish) targets it would take far to long to get more than personal opinions on this matter thanks to trial time limits and the 8 hour/1 fucking month cool-downs.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Empra
Private

Ok this is all just my opinion and I don't think I'm smarter than any devs or anything

A lot of the NC carbines arent great, they are not very accurate and with slow refire cannot compete. Except the GD which is godly.

Medic guns tbh I've only tried default and DMR. default wasn't impressive compared to other empire starer medic guns I've tried.

The machine guns are fine but require a lot of certs to make them accurate enough.

I think the Jackhammer needs love, it seems to just not work for me sometimes and I seem to get killed by other faction shotguns in such a short time. For the signature weapon of the NC it is dissapointing as the accuracy is so poor sometimes that all the power and refire is pointless. When more accurate shotguns can get all their hits in nullyfying their lack of power.

I have played all the factions and have a feel for all their weapons, I like the TR starter weapons the most though.

The NC snipers are under powered only because having high body damage is almost useless when all that counts are accuracy and enough power to one shot head shot. Compared to like the XM 58 or TR rifles with higher refire they don't perform as well.

They are still pretty good and do have advantages but I think that the philosophy of power vs refire vs accuracy doesnt work out every time. higher refire and accuracy can trump power in many situations and the bigger portion of planetside is fighing in bases where some NC weapons aren't great. I admit I haven't tried all the weapons I'm not rich.

I think the certs for advance grip for NC should maybe be lowered or the attachments concerning accuracy should perhaps be buffed for NC or something I don't know.

The same applies for the reaver, no point in all the power if you can't actually use it. Very hard to keep up with other factions agility and speed, they fly around you and shoot you down because you can't turn fast enough. Certing into dogfighting frame to compensate enough to compete is expensive. Even with added armour no point in it if they can easily sustain their fire that little bit longer as they can always get around you for a shot.

I don't think the stats need adjusting just maybe some minor mechanic tweaks. Also Power vs Refire vs Accuracy isn't a totally balanced philosophy as it doesn't always scale with infantry. It does to a point.

Flinch update was a massive step, I do feel like I can compete better.

I don't think there are major balance issues when it comes to the guns but I think accuracy counts more than power and more accurate, easier to shoot guns are at an advantage atm.

btw I do try and be unbiased, I don't want any faction to be OP and I don't whine because I suck I know I'm not great tbh. my k/d is like 0.76 I'm not ashamed, I'm a good player because I try and help my team and I do get a lot of sprees just more deaths lol. I shoot walls and examine patterns etc for all factions so I try very hard not to be biased at all.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I never thought the NC weapons where horrible to start with. The removal of flinch has made things easier sure. But I personally always chalked it up to players not knowing how to properly use the weapons over the weapons being bad themselves.

Old 2013-03-04, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

I feel ya, NC.

Your slow firing guns are a pain to use. Hopefully this does help.

Also, I hate that gate. It didn't seem as bad in beta
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion