War Benifits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Hamma, creator of the word "Jackhole"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-15, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Senyu
First Lieutenant

War Benifits

There was a thread a bit back with something similar to this but Im re-doing it slightly hopefully with more postive feedback and innovated ideas from people.

What it is
What about implementing a system that is based off your Empire Victories that provides bonuses and progression to your faction. It would I imagine need the following features

-Bonuses/Progression are not a neccesity or game breaking IE it helps but doesnt gurentee victory

-Gaining Bonuses/Progression must be based off the combat between the factions and isn't a grind or farm system

-Should be based on each Continent (Planet), each having its own progression that resests after poplock.

Ill go into more detail for that last one. Say were fighting on Amerish. And its been awhile since the first fight. During that time a multiple number of progression and bonuses has been provided and unlocked for your empire for Amerish only. Now your faction has finally captured it and locked the continent. The next time it opens the progression will be set back to 0 and begin anew unlocking everything and so on in a repeated cycle. This will give re-playability and a sence of progression in the game.

What it Provides
Some of the benifits from bonuses or progression could be as follows and mind you, whatever would be considered for this must not be so powerful it is gamechanging and is not a nescesity to win for your faction.

-New Technology (Doesn't transfer between continents with different progression)

-Reduced Timers on that continent for variety of things

-Upgraded Technology (Again it should not transfer)

These are the only examples I can think of but they are very general and can fit a wide range of benifits in each. Such as after time your vehicles are upgraded to be a bit more resistent to explosive weapons. This could be a small percentage for example 5-10%. Your weapons may be more effective agaisnt enemy faction vehicles and armor from fighting and learning their weakness's.

Or your turrets become stronger in general as a basic idea

How it is Gained
As I said it should be implented from the normal fighting and capturing in the game. This could be in a variety of ways and could be different methods for different progression/beinifts depending what they are.

As you capture Enemy Technology Plants you begin to understand that factions technology. Capture 3 empire specific technology plants for a bonus agaisnt their vehicles. Or Capture one and at that plant in a section begin a 2 hour process of studying their techology, enemies capturing the plant distrupt and stop this process.

Or (mind you this may seem like a grind but if made right it wont be terrible) go to enemy vehicle debrie that was destroyed and/or hacked enemy vehicle. After collecting 10 enemy vechile debrie or studying 4 hacked vehicles your faction gains small bonus agaisnt them. By keeping it a low number and not stackable it wouldn't be much a grind.

Please provide constructive feedback and innovated ideas to give the game more progression and tactical but fun ways to improve it.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: War Benifits

bump? surprised I haven't seen a single comment, not even a flaming one
Old 2011-06-18, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vancha
Colonel

So basically nothing would carry across once the continent had been captured? All benefits would be lost (while gaining a possible benefit for the continent like we do now, I suppose)?

Getting rewards for capturing bases I could see working better than rewards for killing, though I wonder if PSN's bases will have benefits like interlinks and tech plants have now. If so, then that might be benefit enough (or punishment enough for the empire that decides to respond late).

I'd actually like to see more empire-wide, time-based and permanent rewards.

Thinking about it some more, I think I'd rather see an elaboration of the interlink/bio/amp/tech/DS system into something with more base types (thus more types of benefits), and perhaps benefits for capturing certain combination of base-types, instead of things like an 8% bonus to explosion damage (boring).
Old 2011-06-18, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Just capturing bases that give a benifit like the current ones I don't think is enough. Get a tech plant and unlock new weapons and vehicles, cool. But it could go farther. What I'm suggesting is more longterm in continental fights and progression. You may have all the bases but all the unlockable benifits that come with the war itself and victories. It is slow long term progression with interesting benifits. The longer the fight on that continent, the stronger the empires become potentially. It keeps things a least a bit more interesting for those very long fights.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion