Vehicle Change Idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Obamarama!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-13, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Vehicle Change Idea

Since vehicle spam is the name of the game, I think they should drastically increase overall vehicle health, while concurrently reducing damage output.

The overall magnitude of vehicle spam and infantry one-shotting has to stop. Let vehicles live longer in the face of AV/AA, but require them to shoot more to kill things.

This game desperately needs more infantry friendly activities. It's dead to me as I find farming in tanks and esfs so easy.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Vehicle Change Idea

This again.. How many times do we have to do the inane vehicle nerf dance?

Fix the resource system. Hell, make vehicles cost certs to unlock too while you're at it (and just give people who've already spent a couple of thousand certs on a vehicle the unlock automatically).

Seriously, the problem isn't that vehicles can instagib infantry - it's a giant hulk of metal that fires out exploding shells the size of someone's leg, what do you expect to happen if that hits you? - the problem is the limiting factors already in the game, that should logically work to limit vehicle numbers, are broken.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Listen, I spend 80% of my time in vehicles. The pool of infantry to farm is shrinking by our own success as everyone else is in vehicles (or quitting).

This game is neglecting a core part of planetside.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-13 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Since vehicle spam is the name of the game, I think they should drastically increase overall vehicle health, while concurrently reducing damage output.

The overall magnitude of vehicle spam and infantry one-shotting has to stop. Let vehicles live longer in the face of AV/AA, but require them to shoot more to kill things.

This game desperately needs more infantry friendly activities. It's dead to me as I find farming in tanks and esfs so easy.
I agree with this whole heartedly, I consistently find it only fun to play as infantry lateley if there is sunderer vs sunderer spawns in an area if not in a bio lab fighting you get one shotted by everything as infantry. In the original ps1 you could take multiple shots from mags in that game, this game every tank just one shots and even infantry can own tanks just as fast from behind the fights just dwindle out way to fast. I dont mind how fast the TTK is for infantry vs infantry but for infantry vs vehicles and vise versa its just rediculous it makes everyone want to play vehicle but then you either get two shot in the back randomly or bombed by esf or a lib.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Beerbeer
Major

I know people enjoy farming infantry, but we are our own worse enemy as I fear there won't be many infantry left to farm if things stay this way. There are too many vehicles as it now stands.

Out of all the ideas I could think of, this might work the best to bring overall balance back to the game, and allow for more infantry friendly activities.

Vehicle spam can live on, just the TTK for them would be more (i.e., no more one-shotting infantry), while they gain a equivalent amount of health. A fair trade off that would keep everyone happy IMO.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

I disagree beer. It's still necessary to dismount and stand on objectives to take them, and that isn't always possible in a vehicle. Some redesigning of the bases, and where spawn areas are located, could solve a lot of it.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Beerbeer
Major

Have you seen base captures recently? Good luck finding someone willing to leave their vehicle to do this.

One lone capper with ten vehicles climbing over each other to spawn camp two people dumb enough to respawn. I think this trend will only get worse as people get sick of being farmed as infantry.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

well, yeah, that's occasionally been an issue...

lol

That's where some modifications to the bases would help I think. If they made certain areas inaccesible to fire from ground and air vehicles, you wouldn't see so much of it. But you have to understand, some of the issue lies with the very people you describe...those that just refuse to dismount their vehicles and help capture an objective. Meanwhile, I'm getting MAX'ed and lasered beamed to death in the fight of my life, just meters away....lol *weep*
Old 2012-12-14, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

just nerf xp for vehicle on infantry crime (50-75xp) and you will see a lot less vehicle farmers and will xp at the same rate as infantry will.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

Doubt nerf XP for vehicles killing infantry will help much. Players don't kill just for XP. They do it cause they are helping capture a location and kill stats and because, they can.

I think we need to make the bases more infantry friendly to fix this. #1 imo is making it so vehicles cannot camp the spawns and making the bases more defensible for the owners.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Canaris
Contributor
General

while I heartily agree with the sentiment beer I think perhaps as others have said that a base/outpost over haul could achieve the same thing for infantry rather than a drastic change to how vehicles work. I think the vehicle change while helping infantry would alienate the people who enjoy vehicle combat.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-12-14, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Beerbeer
Major

Bases are definetely a cause, but I firmly believe that vehicle one-shotting has to end. It's too easy to farm so long as this capability exists.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

I can't agree with that bro. A tank should one shot an infantryman. It's a freakin' tank!

Maybe a re-hash of shoulder launched rocket's damage to vehicles, and number of mines carried is worth looking at as well as base fixes. But honestly, a grunt caught out in the open by any armored vehicle should not expect to last long.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Beerbeer
Major

Then tanks need to be rarer, like on a timer.

Right now, any Tom, Dick or Harry can pull a tank because of this ability.

It's one or the other IMO. Rarity or less damage, that's the only solution I can think of to the infantry farming problem.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-14 at 11:47 AM.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Then you agree that fixing the resource system so it actually works (ie. so you don't just have full resource all the time, and actually have to think about capping places to get resource gain) would be the solution?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion