WW2 on Auraxis - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the MENSA troll is in a class all by itself
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-06-04, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
rpgawesome
Private

Misc Info
WW2 on Auraxis

Okay so if PS2 would create a WWII mod or a add on for it, the nations would be transfered like this:

TR-USSR obvs cuz USSR had at that time a high sense of duty for the nation,pepole and a need to control every thing because we see that on the example of it ''conquering'' Germany first and because USSR colors were primary red and TR is red too
NC-USA ofc because of the blue and the ''patriotical'' sense of freedom of the and the need to act as the liberators of the free world as seen by the USA from WWI to present day
VS-Germany ofc because they are the most technologicaly advanced,have a diffrent ideology just like germany did and if you look at it they on a basis ''worship'' their insignia.

SO basically VS beats TR who beats NC if we look the transitioning periods on Auraxis and NOT on earth.

Am I right or what?

Last edited by rpgawesome; 2014-06-05 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2014-06-05, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
PredatorFour
Major

Re: WW2 on Auraxis

I think your wrong, as many who lived outside the states probably would agree but lets not go there as i think its ban worthy to talk about such things.

Its hard to do but id go with NC = Russia, TR = Germany, VS = rest of allies
Old 2014-06-05, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
rpgawesome
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
I think your wrong, as many who lived outside the states probably would agree but lets not go there as i think its ban worthy to talk about such things.

Its hard to do but id go with NC = Russia, TR = Germany, VS = rest of allies
how is TR germany,its tyical russia and NC is pure USA
Old 2014-06-06, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Am I the only one who thinks it's rather silly to base the would be empires in a WW2 based game on unit and vehicle design and ideological philosophies of fictional futuristic empires that never actually existed?

If you were to design a WW2 game, you'd simply get "Allies" (UK/Russia/Netherlands/Belgium/France/Australia/Canada/US/Poland/etc) on one side and Axis (Italy/Germany/Austria/Finland/Romania/JAPAN (!)) on the other.

Why does everyone always forget Japan? It only conquered half of eastern Asia...
Old 2014-06-06, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's rather silly to base the would be empires in a WW2 based game on unit and vehicle design and ideological philosophies of fictional futuristic empires that never actually existed?

If you were to design a WW2 game, you'd simply get "Allies" (UK/Russia/Netherlands/Belgium/France/Australia/Canada/US/Poland/etc) on one side and Axis (Italy/Germany/Austria/Finland/Romania/JAPAN (!)) on the other.

Why does everyone always forget Japan? It only conquered half of eastern Asia...
Yea, when I was first looking for a game I specifically didn't want something related to ww2 and if I did I would have gone for ww2 Online.

And Figgy, what no Brazil? Well tbh it was only 1 brigade fighting in Italy.

And what with the these d-day celebrations going on my mind (oddly) has been thinking more of the N Africa battles where 8th Army also contained New Zealanders, South Africans, Indians, Free French and Greeks
Old 2014-06-06, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

Yep i hear ya. Was just trying to answer what the OP said which was difficult for the reasons you stated. In my assessment it would be NC + VS vs TR, just like in planetside

To the OP, i picked NC as Russia because of their cobbled together effectiveness and being rough n ready. TR as germany cos they were an organised, effective military with shocking leadership then offloaded the rest into VS cos the USA had lasers that won the war obviously.
Old 2014-06-06, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Boildown
Sergeant

I agree that TR = Russia and NC = USA (or all the Allies sans Russia), but the VS doesn't fit anywhere in there, and in WW2, Russia and the other Allies were, well, allies. So this analogy pretty much sucks.

Old 2014-06-06, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Boildown View Post
I agree that TR = Russia and NC = USA (or all the Allies sans Russia), but the VS doesn't fit anywhere in there, and in WW2, Russia and the other Allies were, well, allies. So this analogy pretty much sucks.
Have you never watched the Raiders of the Lost Ark? VS could be the Nazi's searching for religious relics like Hitler did...
Old 2014-06-06, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
rpgawesome
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Have you never watched the Raiders of the Lost Ark? VS could be the Nazi's searching for religious relics like Hitler did...
you mean behind those VS helms and face masks are aliens who dont know they are aliens who are actually the nazis?
Old 2014-06-06, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by rpgawesome View Post
you mean behind those VS helms and face masks are aliens who dont know they are aliens who are actually the nazis?
Old 2014-06-07, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

NC is obviously based on the US.

But over all the concept is silly.
Vanu is not really based on any nationality.
TR takes aspect of old Germany/Prussia and China and Coloniall Britain.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion