A2A missiles are completely useless now - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alf is cool.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-19, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A missiles are completely useless now

This game does not need A2A missiles. Its a skill-less option that only ruins fights from a standby player.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

I did not pick up the A2A missiles until after the nerf but was able to shoot down ESF's with them on a regular basis. I do agree the skill level for the weapon is pretty high ATM as a good pilot with an upgraded afterburner can easily out-range the missiles and/or break the lock.

As soon as I bought the Scythe A2G rockets I quit using the A2A. The TTK for the A2G is a fraction of the A2A TTK and is super OP ATM. They instagib ESF's with no warning, and a dozen nosegun rounds + 14 Rockets pops a Liberator. This is totally bassackwards. The A2A missile should have the fastest TTK against air, not the A2G.
Old 2012-09-21, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

I agree that the reticle change was necessary but reducing the range was a bad idea. Honestly what I think needs to happen is a complete rethinking of the mechanic.

Here are my thoughts.

Lock on missiles should have their range increased back to a longer distance and speeds should be increased. The big change should be that missiles will primarily do AOE damage with a gradient of damage degradation expanding out from the center of the explosion, and detonate when they reach their closest calculated proximity to the target. Additionally, missile tracking should degrade as their proximity to the target increases. This would mean that aircraft would have the ability to avoid taking massive damage by manuvering their aircraft to the edge of the AOE radius. Idealy, this would add an element of skill to the timing of both firing the missiles and avoiding them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion