Fog of War - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's Deja Vu! PSU: It's Deja Vu!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-25, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Fog of War

I love how RTS games often have Fog of War, Supreme commander is a good example. Your intelligence went as far as to what you could see. Radar revealed movement or structures beyond your visual range but did not ID what exactly nor controlled by who until visually ID.

PlanetSide has some Fog of War elements and I really hope PlanetSide 2 will extend on this.

Adding some cloak and dagger type of game play would be really nice.
Having the location of fortifications like bunkers and towers marked on the map is fine, but also knowing by who it is currently controlled I find to revealing.

It would be nice if structures especially those that don't have a fixed location would not be revealed on the map unless visually ID or with in radar range of an other structure. Not revealing everything on the map adds secrecy to enemy movement. With PlanetSide 2 having a mission system to guide player to the battle I don't expect that to much Fog of War will slow down the game adding some secrecy might actually be good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion