My Sniper/AWP Thread =D - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: So, after readin the post, do you like my 'belief' on what would be a good 'balance'?
I've read the post & mostly Agree with the statements 21 53.85%
I've read the post, but dont really agree 10 25.64%
I've read the post, but not sure on where to stand 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-01-20, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Of course considering there are pistols that are anti-vehicle weapons...
Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that pistols had an armor piercing mode/ammo type. Meaning, the rounds will be useful against people in Reinforced armor, as you won't deplete their armor much, but will do damage to health (albeit less than you'd do if you were shooting them unarmored with regular rounds). Armor piercing doesn't necessarily mean anti-vehicle. While a pistol may do minor damage to some vehicles using armor piercing rounds, I doubt it'd really be a very effective anti-vehicle weapon.
Old 2003-01-20, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Ludio
First Sergeant

You could be right about the AP rounds, I thought that they would at least do some damage against vehicles, but maybe they are just better against reinforced/MAX armor. A good question for anyone who hasn't submitted questions for the interview yet.

As for the pistol I was refering to the beamer, here is a quote from the description "It can be converted from a regular energy blaster to a more focused, armor piercing shot that consumes more energy. Thus, it is good for regular close-in firefights as well as a reasonable anti-vehicular weapon."

As I said I think that explosive weapons like rocket launchers will be the best, but if your in a pinch a beamer will at least enable you to fight back even if it is futile.
Old 2003-01-20, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

There are other places to aim other then the two feet of armor on the front of the tank, like the inch or two on top of the magazine. and aircraft are at such a damnable disadvantage when they are trying to hit areas like that.
no respectable nation in the world uses a minigun as an anti-tank weaponry
and last i looked the US was a respectable nation

and the M1 has a 120mm main gun

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-01-20 at 06:26 AM.
Old 2003-01-20, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Ludio
First Sergeant

Did you notice what Warborn said?

Anyway, in light of the tanget this conversation has taken again... let's follow his advice and drop it.
Are you Incompetent or something? (Just joking)

But can we move on to something constructive about Planetside?
Old 2003-01-20, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Lookoverthere
Private

hey

1-shot kills are no fun, the only 1-shot kill from a rifle is a head-shot on a very light armor class (stealth, pilot, standard)

F-realism, i want fun
Old 2003-01-20, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
�io
Lieutenant General

Re: hey

Originally posted by Lookoverthere
1-shot kills are no fun, the only 1-shot kill from a rifle is a head-shot on a very light armor class (stealth, pilot, standard)

F-realism, i want fun
I don't recall anybody wanting 1 hit headshots for renforced armor, only light, standard and infiltration.
Old 2003-01-20, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Screw head shot kills on the agile exosuit.

(BTW its not called light. If you really want to break it down into light, medium and heavy: Standard = light, Agile Exo= medium, reinforced = heavy)

I was very happy with the developer answer that said the bolt driver will only give one hit kills on standard armor.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-01-20, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Incompetent
[stuff about tanks and miniguns]
Just wanted to let you know I did read your post, but I'm not really interested in getting into it.

Ludio,

Yeah, but if even a pistol makes a "reasonable anti-vehicular weapon", how could a vehicle ever hope to survive against a rifle or a weapon specifically designed to take out vehicles? I don't know, maybe the guy writing the description really meant "it makes an OK anti-quad weapon" instead. It just doesn't seem right that a pistol -- the weakest weapon in the game -- would be able to do much to a vehicle outside the virtually unarmored ones.
Old 2003-01-20, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Sputty
Banned

Hmmm...Someone should ask if armor can be sronger in certain areas...Not sure about that one is PS. Also, if a pistol in PS had a chance against a tank, no one woud use them ever. The AP ammo is probably for taking out buggies or really light vehicles if any. Probably the reinforced armor though. Or MAX even though they're basically walking tanks.
Old 2003-01-20, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Marlboro Man!!
Sergeant

i thought this might be something fun to read

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn46-e.htm

does this link work? anyways if i works then check it out. it has a list of rifles and sniper rifles that can take out vehicles(probably not a tank, but then again i didnt read all of them)
Old 2003-01-20, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Marlboro Man!!
Sergeant

Smile

^ thats just stuff to read if your interested, im not saying this or that just thought it might be interesting to read!
Old 2003-01-20, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Ludio
First Sergeant

It may not be able to damage tanks, but even if it does I wasn't saying that it would be a very effective weapon. Even if it could I would still expect that on open ground the tank would own you if all you had was a beamer, and thats if you could even get close enough to use it. If you were in a forest or a base though and you had some friends with you then you may be able to scare it off...although if you had multiple people with you you should have a more powerfull anti-vehicle weapon than a beamer.

I'm sure the devs have made it realistic in the sense that the most effective anti-vehicle squads will be using tanks/reavers or heavy duty rockets/MAX's with anti-vehicle weapons.
Old 2003-01-22, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I liked all but what you said about the MAX. 12 shots to take out a max is a bit low IMO. I think most people will be aiming at a MAX in a battle.

Bigger target = easier to hit = maybe I get last shot on it = more BEP
Old 2003-01-22, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Sputty
Banned

It has around 700 or so armor. We need to find out how much dmg a certain weapon does to armor. The nwe can decide.
Old 2003-01-22, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Hamma
PSU Admin

welcome to whoredom sputty

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion