Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the cake-pie war wages on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
When did they give out the numbers on MAX performance?
Whoever said that they gave them out?

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
did ANYONE see the fucking post i put? It puts Assist's argument to rest. case in point.
I did and I agree; it does.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
HiroshiChugi
Captain

exactly my point. he's bitching about something the devs put in place BEFOE they realeased info about the game. i'm pretty sure the devs are dead setting on keeping the maxes as they are,if not,adding abilities to them.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Assist
Contributor
Major

did ANYONE see the fucking post i put? It puts Assist's argument to rest. case in point.
Did you not read the rest of my posts where I stated I was attempting to prove exactly what you said?

It doesn't put the argument to rest, as so far SoE has done the opposite of what your post and my post have stated the game should be like.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Assist
Contributor
Major

exactly my point. he's bitching about something the devs put in place BEFOE they realeased info about the game. i'm pretty sure the devs are dead setting on keeping the maxes as they are,if not,adding abilities to them.
One day, you too will be able to read posts rather than complain about people not reading yours.

edit: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...3&postcount=32
there it is for you, if you're unable to find it in this thread.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-02-05 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dragonskin
Major

Am I the ONLY ONE who remembers the descriptions of the factions that the devs gave?!?!??

Terran Republic: Bigger clips, normal damage.

Vanu Soverignty: Faster shooting, smaller damage.

New Conglomerate: Hits hard, lower firing rate.

I mean, HELLO!! The devs told you that the NC would be doing the most damage, but that they would be firing slower than the other two factions. NC hits the hardest (does the most damage) out of all three factions. They fire the slowest out of all three factions. Stop complaining about the NC MAXes because if they nerf them, next you'll be complaining about either the Vanguard or the Reaver. You can claim that I'm biased because I'm NC all God damn day long but I'm only stating facts. Check your facts before complaining about the other factions. Thank you, have a nice day! ^_^

Edit: Assist, I didn't even have to read to the second page of this thread before I knew what you would be saying the whole time. You remind me of that guy a month or two ago that complained that the rear armor of the tanks needed to be buffed. xD
The point... you missed it... completely. I would suggest reading a thread before blinding posting and telling people they don't know what they are talking about.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Timealude
Captain

from the VS one against the NC, it looks like the damage drop off was starting to effect the TTK at about 30m+. I noticed though in all three times they fought, that 5m the NC max won everytime. So like people were saying earlier close range NC scatmax has the advantage hands down...I mean come on....you have freakin shotguns on your arms why would they be effective at long range...I believe honestly that the TR has the most advantage with range because if the play is good enough he can keep that CoF down and if they ever do add the anchor back in, you can bet that thing is going to a beast when set up.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
HiroshiChugi
Captain

One day, you too will be able to read posts rather than complain about people not reading yours.

edit: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...3&postcount=32
there it is for you, if you're unable to find it in this thread.
I'm just saying you keep complaining about the same thing that's been complained about since the game was released for testing. That's all I'm saying. xD
Old 2013-02-05, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
...and if they ever do add the anchor back in, you can bet that thing is going to a beast when set up.
Then there will be even more complaining about NC MAXes due to the shield. Though i'm curious what they'll do for the VS MAX instead of jumpjets.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
How can something be OP when its worthless past ten meters? I dont understand the logic on these calls for a nerf.
Because the entire game, or at least the part that really matters, is the 10m in front of your face. The radius on capture points isn't 40 or 50m. People have to get within 5-10m (whatever the capture radius is) to capture anything. Most of those capture points are inside a building and can't be shot at from range. So, even though there are tanks and planes and sniper rifles the game boils down to CQC and the 10m, and the faction that is best in CQC will have the easiest time capturing those points. This is why people never complain about sniper balance, because snipers never capture anything.

It's the same ol' arguments from PS1 about how the Jackhammer was OP and ruins the game because it was the king of CQC.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
psijaka
Contributor
Major

How about this, you give me your NC MAX and I'll give you my VS MAX. Since, you know they're balanced. Right?

No offense to you, but an NC player making a video of the NC MAX getting destroyed is like me making a montage of my Magrider blowing up. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.

As once stated by the man himself; you have to see how the game plays out rather than just looking at the numbers in small instances. As the game plays out right now, NC MAX outperforms the TR/VS Max by quite a bit more than the Magrider outperformed the Vanguard/Prowler.
I would take you up on that swap for general AI work. But I'll keep my Dual Falcons for AV work, thanks.

No offence to you, but a VS player making a post that the NC MAX is OP is hardly likely to be objective is it. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.

Do you have proof that the NC MAX outperforms the VS MAX at anything other than very close range? Or is this thread based upon nothing more than hyperbole?
Old 2013-02-05, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
I would take you up on that swap for general AI work. But I'll keep my Dual Falcons for AV work, thanks.

No offence to you, but a VS player making a post that the NC MAX is OP is hardly likely to be objective is it. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.

Do you have proof that the NC MAX outperforms the VS MAX at anything other than very close range? Or is this thread based upon nothing more than hyperbole?
This thread actually isn't about the NC MAX needing a justification for a nerf. It's about people calling for nerfs just because they can.

Maybe Maradine's thread was needed.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
Then there will be even more complaining about NC MAXes due to the shield. Though i'm curious what they'll do for the VS MAX instead of jumpjets.
i think they should give it a transformation mode where we turn into an actual Vanu for 10 seconds and shoot giant lazer beams
Old 2013-02-05, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
i think they should give it a transformation mode where we turn into an actual Vanu for 10 seconds and shoot giant lazer beams
That instagib players within 10m.. according to the NC guys that is totally legit right?
Old 2013-02-05, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
That instagib players within 10m.. according to the NC guys that is totally legit right?
I would actually laugh my ass off if that happened to me. xD
Old 2013-02-05, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Dragonskin
Major

I would actually laugh my ass off if that happened to me. xD
The first time, yes. The 100th time, no. You would be on here calling for nerfs like everyone else. Just saying..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion