your views on the 3 empires - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No baby, its not the beer, I really do love you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which empire is underpowered?
Vanu 14 22.58%
Terrans 39 62.90%
Conglomerate 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-03, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
JakeLogan
Major

I read about this recently and like the idea. Its about TR maxs first axe the pounder dump it completely and put the DC back into its role. I was in beta and loved that damn DC max in its AI role and max a new AV MAX the Dual striker. I mean sure make it unable to do a long distance lock on aircraft and make it unable to lock onto maxs but give it a dumb fire mode so it can at least have a chance of shooting back and of course lock-on fire on ground vehicles.

Another Idea I liked was to axe the anchors on TR maxs and give them a capacitor like the other maxs. that enables them to fire at high speeds for awhile. Also making them able to dodge the decis instead of being bait for them.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Strak
Corporal

My thoughts on the tanks....

I don't like seeing the Van or prowler come over the ridge. What as an infantry man can I do? Nothing, which is fine, but I've driven a Mag a little, and perhaps it is based on my lack of driving skill, and it's lower armor allow it to be capped by infantry easier. Perhaps I am incredibly unlucky I don't know.

Do the TR and NC dread seeing the Mag-rider come over the hill?

As for AV weapons anyone who complains about the AV weapons of the TR should try usin' the ultra cool lancer! woo hoo! Man that think rocks. No guidance, sorta slow, minimal damage, why would anyone use such a weapon when you could have decimators?

All in all, been awhile since I played, I think we are pretty balanced for the most part. It will never be perfect, unless the VS are given the ultra powerful wepons we deserve
Old 2004-01-03, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
JakeLogan
Major

You do the lasher that thing is a pain in the ass indoors I prefer to fight Jackhammers myself.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Honestly the Magrider isn't all that great anymore. It can mow, that's all. It's gun does not kill infantry, it's gun is too inaccurate to kill enemy armor at range (which ironically is the only way a magrider has any chance against a prowler or vanguard). The magrider does however have a significant edge in anti-air and anti-max abilities. MAXes seem to die just as quickly as infantry, and once you learn to lead your targets, reavers and mosquitos drop like flies.

Despite this I don't think any empire is underpowered or overpowered. I really wish these threads would stop. I don't mind the debates on individual certifications, but the big picture will never be perfectly balanced. As long as all empires get their share of victoires, as they clearly do, there is no reason to worry about balance.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
shadow58
Private

I honestly think the 3 empires are pretty balanced but I wouldn't so no to the devs making my mag more efficient against infantry. :P

ShadoW58 BR23 CR5 Assassins | Rambo58 BR20 CR1 INI Elite | 2003-2005, Werner
Old 2004-01-03, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by noxious
(which ironically is the only way a magrider has any chance against a prowler or vanguard).

BULL.

On a bridge battle, I was gunning for one of my squadmates' Mag. I mowed through 10, 11 vans easy. No splash damage = Useless Vanguard.

Yes, the van has superiority on a dry continent, but, on a damp one, like hossin, you will be pwnd.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
EVILoHOMER
Major

i belive the vanu r very underpowered! the tr ive been and their medium weapon is amazin and same with their heavy and their maxes own! so whats the problem? just their prowler sucks! but vanu maxes r very weak and their lancer is bollox its like a laser that does nothing and the vanu med assult weapon sucks and the lasher is amazin but needs better recoil
Old 2004-01-03, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Mognoc
Sergeant

The mag has a definate advantage at any place with water, like Spee said. If they're near a river or lake and they take heavy damage, they just run away to the other coast, repair and come back to haunt us. In regaurd to the MAX discussion, I have 5 times more VS max kills then I do TR maxes.
Old 2004-01-03, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mognoc
In regaurd to the MAX discussion, I have 5 times more VS max kills then I do TR maxes.
Because TR don't use maxes as often as we do...

Mags might not be as accurate as a bolt driver but put two or three on a ridge and its hell on earth. Regardless of accuracy, you cant dodge that rail beam! It has weaknesses but I still love it.

Last edited by Professor Frink; 2004-01-03 at 07:45 PM.
Old 2004-01-03, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

My opinion, based on a lengthy study of Barney and Cong attack movements, is that the TR are massively over-powered. Why do I say that? Simple!

It takes both of them to make any headway on the TR! The Barney and Cong together are able to just barely make some inching headway on the terrible and overpowered TR. One on one they are just outgunned. More and more the two underpowered empires have been forced to rely on teamwork between them to defeat the forces of the TR. This is sooo unfair to the Barney and Cong empires. Someone needs to nerf the wicked TR so that the other two won't be forced to rely on each other as teammates. Horrible, horrible TR!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-01-03, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

this is totally off topic here but...did anybody realize everybody's nickname on here is from some kids show?! Elmos, Barneys, and Smurfs!
Old 2004-01-03, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Manitou
My opinion, based on a lengthy study of Barney and Cong attack movements, is that the TR are massively over-powered. Why do I say that? Simple!

It takes both of them to make any headway on the TR! The Barney and Cong together are able to just barely make some inching headway on the terrible and overpowered TR. One on one they are just outgunned. More and more the two underpowered empires have been forced to rely on teamwork between them to defeat the forces of the TR. This is sooo unfair to the Barney and Cong empires. Someone needs to nerf the wicked TR so that the other two won't be forced to rely on each other as teammates. Horrible, horrible TR!
You have a real gift for satire.
Old 2004-01-03, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

damnit why cant' you people shut up about this, it getting fucking annoying every week there a new bitcher making a thred about how there empire sucks.

Agreed. But while we're on this topic...

You can say the mag is insanely inaccurate past 200m, but the prowler and vanguard are absolutely useless past 200m, unless you are shelling a base or tower and can see that far.

inaccurate > useless.

And I still get shot out of the air quite plenty in a reaver while AB'ing away and jerking the mouse around erratically from a Magrider. So I always have a rule now: I only attack a Mag if there is a vanguard engaging it(and you wouldn't believe how many Mag gunners try to shoot at me instead of the vanguard, even turning the turret 180 to get me), or when they're really damaged or being repaired by the driver.

Last edited by WritheNC; 2004-01-03 at 09:19 PM.
Old 2004-01-04, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

I'd wager most often the Magrider gunner has a better chance of spalshing your Reaver than the Vanguard. Particularly at the closer ranges where the Vanguard has the Magrider at a disadvantage. I would probably swing my turret around if I thought I could swat you down as you fittingly deserve. You represent the least and most 'deal-with-able' of the evils at hand in that situation.

However that's just one possiblity, I may decide to still try and hurt the Vanguard as much as possible before we go down because it's a bigger threat by a large margin.
Old 2004-01-04, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
I Hate Pants
General

The game is pretty balanced for the most part now. But there is still some tweaking that is nessecary. I choose the TR because from my experiece the prowler, maxes, and Marauder all need help.

Oh yeah, and the JackHammer shoots too far. If they slightly reduce the range on it. I'd be happy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion