why planetside isn't so popular - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All, My, Friends, Drive a MagRider
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-05, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: why planetside isn't so popular

Originally posted by Zetre
i finally figured it out. Most of the time, when i talk to my little group of nerd friends about upcomming games, they know all of the stuff. Now however, nobody knows about PS. I now have figured out why though. All of the good data and media is posted on pay sites like IGN and gamespot. Nobody pays for this crap, so nobody knows about this awsome upcomming game. This should stop so that PS gets the biggest user base popular.
Yep, it's marketing. Same reason (only to a greater degree) World of Warcraft isn't popular. You'd figure a game being made by one of the best developers on the planet would attrack attention, but no, Blizzard hasn't been advertising WoW nor have they been giving any information about it worth advertising.
Old 2003-02-05, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
txMaddog
Corporal

With the new PR guy (Sporkfire?) or whatever they are calling him I think you might start seeing more info being released. The 2 page add in the latest Computer Gaming World was very nice and should help get the word out.

EQ2 does not thrill me (2+ year EQ1 vetern) and SWG I'm not going to play (oh look.. the 999th version of Luke.. how original), now if I could be a Wookie Jedi and kill Ewoks and Gungons I might consider checking it out.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion