Races - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only we have the answer.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-28, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
ahh. nothing like whipping the dogs tonight.

*wave with a Lasher*

everyone hates the other empire's heavy assault, its just natural. I have a TR and NC character, so I know what its like being hammer-owned. Im making a VS character on werner sometime I think, so I can have a full-time character on all three servers (NC Markov, TR emerald and VS werner)
Old 2004-04-28, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
TheRegurgitator
Major

I'm New Conglomerate. It was the first empire page I looked at back in beta and I guess I liked the story. I think I got hooked on their story. Maybe if I would have looked at the other teams first I might've gone with theirs. hmmm... but nc has the best command by far.
Old 2004-04-28, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nalar
Corporal

I chose to be Vanu back before I got into beta. I think i really liked the story behind them and I liked the fact that they were all into the advanced alien technology with the laser guns and floating tanks and stuff. And the armor looks really cool.

But it all comes down to play style. Like someone mentioned earlier, each empire has its niche of weapons. The TR have the fast firing weapons, NC have the hard hitting weapons and the VS have the middle of the road, but good for most situation weapons.
Old 2004-04-28, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

I love most everything about the TR: look, colors, and weapons.

JetRaiden has a point, though: you'll naturally hate the Heavy Assault of your rival empires, no matter which empire you choose. By and large, however, everyone is pretty balanced, it's really up to how you want to play.
Old 2004-04-29, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gunslanger
Sergeant

OMG, people are attacking the lasher! saying it shoots around corners, and use it as a n00b. had this arguement in outfit chat the other night. think about it like this: if the lasher is soo uber, why don't you see other empires wielding it that often? you will see VS HA people using the MCG and JH alot more than you'll see TR or NC using the lasher! proof the lasher is not as uber you people make it seem!

By and large, however, everyone is pretty balanced, it's really up to how you want to play.
/agree
Old 2004-05-03, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Gunslanger
Sergeant

heh, no response there, eh?
Old 2004-05-03, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gunslanger
think about it like this: if the lasher is soo uber, why don't you see other empires wielding it that often? you will see VS HA people using the MCG and JH alot more than you'll see TR or NC using the lasher! proof the lasher is not as uber you people make it seem!

The lasher has different ammo that other empires also have to store in their locker. That is why you do not see as many cross-empire lasher users. I can fill my locker full of mcgs very efficently, lashers suck to use for anyone not vs.

And again, HA is balenced.
Old 2004-05-03, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
The lasher has different ammo that other empires also have to store in their locker. That is why you do not see as many cross-empire lasher users. I can fill my locker full of mcgs very efficently, lashers suck to use for anyone not vs.

And again, HA is balenced.
weeee! Us Vanu got natural anti-theft built into our lashers and pulsars!!
p43r 0uR 4dv4nc3 w34p0n2!!!

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-03, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
buttfour9567
Private

i was playing vs a while ago and i noticed that they had no organization at all so i switched over to c22 on emerald as a tr. i love the mcg, the cycler,etc...but i will always have a place in my HART for the lasher and its abilities to pwn when rushing a gen hold.....4 rexo+1 with a lasher* AI MAX= PWNED
Old 2004-05-03, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Just start a character on each empire and find what you like best. You can go for looks and colors, weapons, style, leadership, the fun aspect, anything. It's just what you prefer, I just switched to the NC from almost being maxed out on emerald TR. I deleted my guy yesterday and started a new one about 2 seconds after. I am glad I finally switched, i've wanted to for a very long time.

Old 2004-05-03, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
everyone hates the other empire's heavy assault, its just natural. I have a TR and NC character, so I know what its like being hammer-owned. Im making a VS character on werner sometime I think, so I can have a full-time character on all three servers (NC Markov, TR emerald and VS werner)
Hmm, me disagrees. I'm fine with the Lasher, and when I was NC, I was fine with the MCG: I think that they're fairly in since with each other in terms of balance. But I feel that the Jackhammer really does need a slight damage nerf to stop it from being so overpowering indoors (I know it's meant to be, but still...). When you're attacking a 'Cong base, a combination of Maelstroms and Jackhammers is practically impossible to beat inside.
Old 2004-05-03, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
JakeLogan
Major

I chose TR because I love the sound of high ROF weapons. (Hell I had a Dashi with nothing but machine guns in MW4:Mercs)
Old 2004-05-03, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
oddfish
Colonel

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Hmm, me disagrees. I'm fine with the Lasher, and when I was NC, I was fine with the MCG: I think that they're fairly in since with each other in terms of balance. But I feel that the Jackhammer really does need a slight damage nerf to stop it from being so overpowering indoors (I know it's meant to be, but still...). When you're attacking a 'Cong base, a combination of Maelstroms and Jackhammers is practically impossible to beat inside.
This Heavy Assault argument is getting really fucking old. Not flaming anyone or trolling or anything. I'm just saying: The HA weapons are gonna be the way they are and they don't need any changes. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO SEEM OVERPOWERD AND FRUSTRATING TO FIGHT AGAINST! That's the whole point. Aside from tearing you a new asshole, they should also piss you off. Demoralize you. They're powerful for more than just the reasons of combat, also they are powerful to be tools of fear and frustration in the game. Like a flamethrower to WWII Infantry, not much you can do, just outmaneuver the damn thing. If you can't, well, consider yourself done.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-05-04, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Gunslanger
Sergeant

i think HA is ok the way it is. i don't see a major need for change. but, i am just pointing out a fact.
we all know that is not totally true. yes, it sucks to put a lasher with ammo in a locker. but, people more often pick up weapons on the battle field looted from dead enemies corpses. for example, usually when i use a jackhammer or MCG, i loot it on the battlefield. All my favorites except my agile fav are totally the exclusive vanu ammo. i don't carry 9mm or AP rounds EVER. not to mention shotgun rounds. but, its not a big deal when your looting off the dead in the field, because you just swap most of your rounds for theirs. i save a box or so of rounds for my pulser. so, the excuse of "the reason you don't see many people using the lasher is because the ammo is different" is bullshit.
Old 2004-05-04, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gunslanger
i think HA is ok the way it is. i don't see a major need for change. but, i am just pointing out a fact.

we all know that is not totally true. yes, it sucks to put a lasher with ammo in a locker. but, people more often pick up weapons on the battle field looted from dead enemies corpses. for example, usually when i use a jackhammer or MCG, i loot it on the battlefield. All my favorites except my agile fav are totally the exclusive vanu ammo. i don't carry 9mm or AP rounds EVER. not to mention shotgun rounds. but, its not a big deal when your looting off the dead in the field, because you just swap most of your rounds for theirs. i save a box or so of rounds for my pulser. so, the excuse of "the reason you don't see many people using the lasher is because the ammo is different" is bullshit.
THe arguement that the lasher must suck because *you* don't see everyone dropping whatever they carry to pick it up is also BS I know that unless I am in a tower, I probably will loot another empire HA given I have enough time ot do so. I have seen plenty of NC using looted lashers, somtimes I see tr using looted lashers against nc, However the energy ammo is a reason why the lasher may not see as much storage.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion