PS going FTP - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Retro edition.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-03-31, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: PS going FTP

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
That might work if he was still employed by SOE but he was laid off in that last round a few months ago.
Maybe he will get the job he was born to do, fry cook.

Old 2014-04-06, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
But whatever. You guys want PS1 more than I do, but i shall at least attempt to get in touch with SOE, and give PS1 a chance.
Thanks

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-04-11, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
bodypopper
Corporal

must be better than the batphone
Old 2014-04-14, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I can almost guarantee their will be some GM support. It won't be fast, but it will be there.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-04-14, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I tell you what, as long as things don't get totally apeshit out of hand people will somewhat tolerate it because it is FREEEEEEE! I can take some lag in GM involvement because my level of investment is nothing but I won't stick around to get pull hack ganked for days on end. Stay positive and give it a shot is all we can do.
Old 2014-04-15, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Skittles
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I can almost guarantee their will be some GM support. It won't be fast, but it will be there.
I can almost guarantee there will be ZERO GM support. It will be completely non-existent. But keep holding onto your dream.
Old 2014-04-15, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

And how are you coming to this conclusion? Got smed on speed dial?

I imagine some sort of player(-chosen) gm would be difficult to do, maybe for their own faction(?). Infos on this would be very nice.
If there is a volunteer gm program for PS1 i would certainly apply, having moderating/admin experience for like 15 years (on forums though lol).

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2014-04-15 at 02:11 AM.
Old 2014-04-15, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

I don't think they want players from the community as GMs only SOE employees, or atleast that's what I've read and come to assume.
Old 2014-04-15, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

How am I coming to this conclusion? Common sense. Support tickets for planetside 1 in it's current state have been answered more than once. It's very unlikely they'll stop giving it even the little bit of support they're giving it now after making it so that they'll have more people playing.'

It likely won't be much different from how it's always been. Slow but eventual, with spurts of dedicated moderation (<3 GM-Chrol).

People saying that there won't be any support at all are simply saying so because they want to find something negative to say, when all evidence from the past suggests that even if it's a GM from a completely different game showing up, they will show (if not always quickly).

It's not so much of a dream as it is putting 1 and 1 together to form 2.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-04-15, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
How am I coming to this conclusion? Common sense. Support tickets for planetside 1 in it's current state have been answered more than once. It's very unlikely they'll stop giving it even the little bit of support they're giving it now after making it so that they'll have more people playing.'

It likely won't be much different from how it's always been. Slow but eventual, with spurts of dedicated moderation (<3 GM-Chrol).

People saying that there won't be any support at all are simply saying so because they want to find something negative to say, when all evidence from the past suggests that even if it's a GM from a completely different game showing up, they will show (if not always quickly).

It's not so much of a dream as it is putting 1 and 1 together to form 2.
WINNAR!!!!!!!!!!

SOE isn't going to leave PS without any GM support,what it will be is just like Effective told ya,you will see mods from other titles filling in as needed.

there will be ZERO dev support,I even wonder if they will bother with fixing the cave access.
Old 2014-04-15, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
bedzike
Corporal

Look everyone. We will see on the 23rd if caves wasp and striker is fixed if they are then you know for damn sure. That a gm is going to be watching the game. How could there not be a gm if all the game breaking bugs are fixed. Lets be real people. Soe won't puts its name on the line for something that could drive players away completely like look at ps2 its a alright game i stream it and play it with my outfit but the bugs and crashes are horrible but it still has a playerbase that is waiting for the 64 bit client and it to be updated on graphics drivers. So if the game is fixed then gm support if not then no gm support but rant rant rant and it will be fixed
Old 2014-04-15, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
SgtMAD
Captain

you don't get it.

some of us have been dealing with SOE for the last decade concerning PS,we have read 10's of thousands of posts concerning every damn aspect of this game.

ppl like Mouser,Effective,Basti,Godless (ME)and quite a few more have seen how SOE acts in situations like this,we have seen how SOE operates and how they deal with issues.

SOE has told everyone that there would be no more dev work on PS,that's a simple concept and seeing how it would take a dev to fix the caves,wasp and other bugs ingame right now,I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Old 2014-04-15, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'd still like to know how they managed to patch in those bugs when there is no dev support.

Old 2014-04-15, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
GodlessHeretic
Private

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
ppl like Mouser,Effective,Basti,Godless (ME)and quite a few more have seen how SOE acts in situations like this,we have seen how SOE operates and how they deal with issues.
It might seem like pessimism, but trust us. It is anything but.

If SOE gives even one flying fuck about Planetside after it starts up again, it will be the first time ever.

Last edited by GodlessHeretic; 2014-04-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 2014-04-15, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I'd still like to know how they managed to patch in those bugs when there is no dev support.
I will bet that they retasked the servers holding the caves and that caused a cascade effect that resulted in the bugs we saw,everyone knows that the code for PS is a huge mess
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion