How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where its ok to where purple.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Empire Themes
Take them off,I want empires to have mixes in attributes 5 12.20%
Keep them exactly the same but don't make a huge deal like in PS1(marketing) 9 21.95%
Keep them exactly the same 14 34.15%
Keep them but the difference should be slight 10 24.39%
Every Empire should have the same weapons 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-23, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

I think overall the empires should be different, otherwise what's the point of choosing a faction if it behaves exactly like every other one but at the same time it shouldn't be too extreme to the point where it raises balance issues like what we had with the Prowler and the Jackhammer.

Every empire should have a theme to theme to them but it shouldn't get too carried away.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-23, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
I think overall the empires should be different, otherwise what's the point of choosing a faction if it behaves exactly like every other one but at the same time it shouldn't be too extreme to the point where it raises balance issues like what we had with the Prowler and the Jackhammer.

Every empire should have a theme to theme to them but it shouldn't get too carried away.
What issues did you have with the Prowler? The tank is good, but I would never say that tank out did me in tank vs tank with my Vanguard as long as my gunner was experienced. If you are talking about a Prowler shredding apart a Mag in close range then oh well. The Mag has lower armor, but that makes up with it for range and hovering ability. Any good Mag crew I have seen keeps distance from my Van, so I do not get too close.

I think too many people get butt hurt over the JH. I cannot tell you how many times I have died in a long hallway against MCGs or getting spammed to death by Lashers. Each weapon has its own unique abilities while be roughly the same. If you cannot stand the wall humpers just nade the corner if you think someone is there. JH if it is in PS2 will not nearly be as effective now due to not having third person anyway. Takes out the whole camping element that made it godly to some people. Besides a weapon is only as good the user wielding it.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
What issues did you have with the Prowler? The tank is good, but I would never say that tank out did me in tank vs tank with my Vanguard as long as my gunner was experienced. If you are talking about a Prowler shredding apart a Mag in close range then oh well. The Mag has lower armor, but that makes up with it for range and hovering ability. Any good Mag crew I have seen keeps distance from my Van, so I do not get too close.

I think too many people get butt hurt over the JH. I cannot tell you how many times I have died in a long hallway against MCGs or getting spammed to death by Lashers. Each weapon has its own unique abilities while be roughly the same. If you cannot stand the wall humpers just nade the corner if you think someone is there. JH if it is in PS2 will not nearly be as effective now due to not having third person anyway. Takes out the whole camping element that made it godly to some people. Besides a weapon is only as good the user wielding it.
It was more of an issue with all of TR's empire specific vehicles and how they required many people to be effective in contrast of TR and VS which didn't require that many.

Overall the tank was functionable and worked fine without a gunner but people used it as a scapegoat for it being the worst overall MBT. I think that was due partly the it's large design that made it a huge target, that also made it harder to manuever through tight places.

The only thing it really had going for it was an higher ROF than any other tank and two seperate gunner spots, although as I've said before this caused more problems than it did to balance the tank out. It's armor wasn't an advantage either since I believe the Vanguard had the most MBT armor in the game, although I could be mistaken. And even if it did it still had it's poor design and maneuverability.

Overall the problems with then Prowler stemmed more from the overall design of the vehicle rather than the number of spots that needed to be filled, in my opinion. Although in contrast the Raider handled just like any other deliverer variant with the added niche of needing a lot of gunners, but I don't feel like getting into that.

As for the Jackhammer.Most of the backlash that the Jackhammer gets is from the majority of combat in PS taking place in towers and tight corridors where the Jackhammer was most effective. In PS2 it seems like most combat will be out in the open fighting over contestable territory instead of some random ToD with wall humping NC all over it.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion