Higby's Stream + HUD Issues - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because Everquest sucks
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-10, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Higby's Stream + HUD Issues

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
I'd go one further beyond just having an on/off for the first two problems and make it so they can be resized and moved around the HUD or placed into chat channel alerts for ease on the eyes.

definitely agree on the last issue, I don't mind a red shot direction indicator but they need to leave the strawberry jam in sandwich's and not on my HUD
This cannot be emphasized enough... my health bar is already going to be at the center of my HUD... I don't need the world to turn red to know I'm in trouble.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ale View Post
Not reading killspam is a poor choice for anyone wanting to be situationally aware. That said, there should be an option to toggle anything and everything. because PC game.
^^^This... would fix all the "problems" and complaints. Simple really if you think about it.

Options are always good in my book. As a dedicated pilot, I would like the option to tweak my UI/HUD the way I like. Don't want or need unnecessary indicators popping up on my screen when in the middle of a intense dogfight.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
- Killed notifications - Please allow this to be disabled. Upper right hand corner shows who killed who. I don't care about who killed who, all I need to know is the condition of my squad at a glance. It takes up space on my screen and is in a popup/flash form that can be distracting.
I disagree strongly on this one
Old 2012-07-10, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

The alerts on the HUD being in the middle of the screen is pretty standard convention. Gamers expect it now.

As for the red pulse on the screen, as long as there is an option I'm all for it. Nothing sucks as much as going back to old school FPSs and having terrible indication of how much health you have left while you're focusing on your crosshairs, not your HUD.

That's one of my biggest peeves about older games, the lack of information they give you. I think FPSs today overdo the "bloody screen" jelly that smears the screen, but having a fullscreen indication of your health is a great. Diablo 3 even implemented it and it has saved my life more than once.

In an FPS, taking your eye off your crosshair can get you killed. Having the indication in your peripheral view is far superior than having it in the corner requiring to constantly take your eye off of it.

If you want it off, that's fine. Just don't remove it from the game completely. That would really upset me.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
SixShooter
Captain

I'm hopeing that all this stuff will have optional toggles. I would presonally keep the kill spam up but would rather have the notifications there how it is in PS1 rather than all over the screen in a giant flashing sign.

Old 2012-07-10, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
gigafunk
Private

Most seem to be missing the point that a red flashing screen when taking damge is MEANT to be distracting. Its part of the immersion that the OP seems so concerned about losing with the base info flashing.

Part of the negative of being shot is losing health and getting distracted. If we want to talk about HOW MUCH should be there, that is valid topic. Talking about complete removal of it, or keeping it (for all players) is a valid topic. However, talking about a toggle option that players can turn off for advantage in a hectic firefight, over the people that leave it on for the immersion and challenge, is not a valid topic.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by gigafunk View Post
Most seem to be missing the point that a red flashing screen when taking damge is MEANT to be distracting. Its part of the immersion that the OP seems so concerned about losing with the base info flashing.

Part of the negative of being shot is losing health and getting distracted. If we want to talk about HOW MUCH should be there, that is valid topic. Talking about complete removal of it, or keeping it (for all players) is a valid topic. However, talking about a toggle option that players can turn off for advantage in a hectic firefight, over the people that leave it on for the immersion and challenge, is not a valid topic.
It's annoying, option-removing debuff that I can't do anything about... I (and most others) don't play FPS games to be annoyed by debuffs that remove player agency in their own deaths.

And really, who really wants to feel like they're dying?

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.

Last edited by GreatMazinkaise; 2012-07-10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

higby was using the half centered UI tho with the stuff directly in the lower middle.

I wonder if your using the normal full screen version. if the notifications are that large still?
Old 2012-07-11, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Notser
Staff Sergeant

I personally would like some refinement with the UI, some of the elements overlapped and sizing was a little curious. I don't need a giant notification that a base was taken then have a tiny squad list. CUSTOMIZATION IS KING!
Old 2012-07-11, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Tsunami
Corporal

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]
- Killed notifications - Please allow this to be disabled. Upper right hand corner shows who killed who. I don't care about who killed who, all I need to know is the condition of my squad at a glance. It takes up space on my screen and is in a popup/flash form that can be distracting.
I can see this being an issue cause you could have a 100v100 match and blam that could be like thousands of messages a second
Old 2012-07-11, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
fod
Master Sergeant

i agree that all UI sections should be configurable so you can have it how you like

personally the main one i dont want is the kill combo and popup messages like
"super duper awesome killz combo - 15 killz"

Last edited by fod; 2012-07-11 at 01:28 AM.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Notser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by fod View Post
i agree that all UI sections should be configurable so you can have it how you like

personally the main one i dont want is the kill combo and popup messages like
"super duper awesome killz combo - 15 killz"
WHAT! You don't want to get a pat on the back for everything you do while using autoaim and have a massive bar on your screen showing how awesome you are all the time!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion