A new Hardcore Mode/Server thread. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: red shirts are no longer just for Star Trek
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-25, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: A new Hardcore Mode/Server thread.

I would love for PS2 to be popular enough well into its release for something like this to be able to happen. I would probably play on the HC server. I'd be even more likely to play on it if my characters were mirrored between the servers. If there were large enough populations to maintain the truly massive element of PS2 then it would be great.

With a less optimistic opinion though, I doubt it would work or be a benefit to the unity of the community at launch.

There was talk in the dev panel about eventually merging all servers into a single shard server like EVE Online. If you had HC and non-HC servers that would be really difficult.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I would love for PS2 to be popular enough well into its release for something like this to be able to happen. I would probably play on the HC server. I'd be even more likely to play on it if my characters were mirrored between the servers. If there were large enough populations to maintain the truly massive element of PS2 then it would be great.

With a less optimistic opinion though, I doubt it would work or be a benefit to the unity of the community at launch.

There was talk in the dev panel about eventually merging all servers into a single shard server like EVE Online. If you had HC and non-HC servers that would be really difficult.
Hopefully they are smart enough to not do that. Point&click moved ships with autotargeted abilities in comparison to free movement with more dimensions and usually more people in the same place than in EVE, not to mention latency being a way bigger factor in an FPS game...

The idea could do nothing but fail Well, it's not too bad currently with just one server (playing from EU myself), but it would be a stupid decision as long as theres population for diff servers on diff continents.
Old 2011-07-26, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Hopefully they are smart enough to not do that. Point&click moved ships with autotargeted abilities in comparison to free movement with more dimensions and usually more people in the same place than in EVE, not to mention latency being a way bigger factor in an FPS game...

The idea could do nothing but fail Well, it's not too bad currently with just one server (playing from EU myself), but it would be a stupid decision as long as theres population for diff servers on diff continents.
You do realize EVE has had major lag and latency problems right? It has a lot of animations going on and actually demands a lot of performance from your computer. Plus alliance PVP battles are massive im talking hundreds of ships and POS stations and what not.

@ EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT CAMPING

How can anyone complain about camping in a game where your there to defend territory?? You do understand when you dig in and fortify a position to defend it you have to camp it. If you want a game that doesnt support camping PS2 will not be your game. I plan on holding my ground, finding some cover, and digging in or camping as you put it.

Last edited by cashfoyogash; 2011-07-26 at 10:24 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion