Chassis mounted main guns - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is the beginning.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-20, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Chassis mounted main guns

While we haven't got excessive detail on any of the tanks, we're told the gunners will be using secondary weapons in modular turrets. As a couple of examples they've mentioned an AA gun (probably flak) and a mortar launcher.
Old 2011-09-20, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheGoatFather View Post
the magrider is the same as it was in #planetside. The forward gun is now the main gun, the turret is secondary"
I think it's entirely inaccurate for him to say that that's the same as in Planetside. >.>
Old 2011-09-20, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I think it's entirely inaccurate for him to say that that's the same as in Planetside. >.>
I actually agree with you. That was me on twitter and I should have called him out on that assessment when I had his attention. Then again, he just fell back on the "talk to Higby, I'm in art" which I can understand.

Old 2011-09-20, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I actually agree with you. That was me on twitter and I should have called him out on that assessment when I had his attention. Then again, he just fell back on the "talk to Higby, I'm in art" which I can understand.
I'd like to get in touch with Higby and ask him to elaborate on why they went this route with the vehicles and what effect they expect it to have. Twitter doesn't seem like the format for it...maybe I'll try e-mailing Smedley...
Old 2011-09-20, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I'd like to get in touch with Higby and ask him to elaborate on why they went this route with the vehicles and what effect they expect it to have. Twitter doesn't seem like the format for it...maybe I'll try e-mailing Smedley...
through the new hexagon territory capture system they intend to have more vehicle based battles. He felt that in PS1 you had between base vehicle battles, the combination of vehicles and infantry, then infantry in the base. This forced everyone into an infantry role of some sort and made vehicles useless until the following battle.

They want to have more air-themed and armor-themed battles. Through letting drivers gun, they provide more incentive and manpower into the armored fights than you could in the previous system. Another perspective was that if you were spending skill points into driving a tank, you should be able to experience all of it.
Old 2011-09-20, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Another perspective was that if you were spending skill points into driving a tank, you should be able to experience all of it.
I could understand it as an attempt to get more people into vehicular combat, although I would have to point out that if you're leaving the crew numbers the same then either you intend for there to be a bunch of half crewed tanks or the increase comes more from the larger population.

The skill points thing doesn't seem like it holds water though. For one, if you didn't want to drive then why would you spend skill points on it? We had the Lightning for soloers. It was weaker, but that was a balance issue. And then there's that Mag drivers are apparently going to be spending a bunch of points unlocking and upgrading the gunner's weapons anyway, which they won't be allowed to use. It doesn't make sense.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion