TR Prowler Drivers: Would this help? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better anything than purple spandex!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-24, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Augustus
Private

Just one question for those of you that want the Prowler buffed up.
What will you give up for your empire?

As a regular Magdriver I freely admit that, imo, we've got the best tank. Even with lower armor and a weaker main gun in a 1v1 fight I fear no other armor, including Reavers (my regular gunner is pretty good at hitting those).
But the Van and Prowler do have an advantage in infantry killing.

However,
I *do* fear your infantry's AV guided/lock-on weaponry.
I'd be a little surprised to hear Van or Prowler drivers say the same of our Lancer.
I'd be very surprised to hear that from a Reaver pilot.

Then there's the HA weaponry.
Lasher just isn't in the same league with it's counter-parts.

IMO, having the (arguably) best tank works as an offset for having (arguably) the weakest MA, AV, and HA weaponry.

But if you want either tank buffed up to the point a good Magdriver fears either you should also accept a nerf in another area or not bitch if our infantry weapons get buffed.

Someone comment on never running out of ammo...
Adjust your tactics.
It's reasonably common for me to have to find a place to reload (common enough that I've got an inventory favorite to speed the process).
If you want your ammo supply increased, the other tanks should get the same increase.

As far as not having someone man the Prowlers 12s. WHY NOT??
First, it provides you with at least a little air suppression.
Second, it's more damage against whatever vehicle you're up against. In a tank on tank fight my PPA is almost always on the oppenent, the extra damage makes a difference. (DPS on the PPA is same as either 12m or 20m, I forget which atm. GreyFlcn would know).
Old 2004-01-24, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

(DPS on the PPA is same as either 12m or 20m, I forget which atm. GreyFlcn would know).
Thx for your confidence, except that I haven't really spent time tracking the damage of those guns yet :P
Old 2004-01-24, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

But you also have the best maxes by far.

MA and AV are not good examples because they are both broken, the guass and the pulsar can't stand up to the cyclers in any way, you could get killed, if going toe to toe with one, twice before you could kill the cycler user. And all of the AV can't do squat against anything but Lightnings and maxes

The van needs its armor switched with the prowler and make that mg a bit more powerfull. Flying reaver i try not to get mixed up wit prowlers because those guns can do quite a bit of damage over a pass

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

They need to reverse the prowler and vanguard armor and switch the 12s with flak cannons.
Old 2004-01-24, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jagd
Major

The reason the secondary gunner seat is empty is because you just can't spare the manpower to have someone in there. 5 tanks will own 3 tanks any day, which is the situation you would be in with a 10 man TR tank squad vs. a 10 man VS/NC tank squad. This is basically to spread the damage around, ie: the same reason you want travel in groups in the first place. With more targets for the enemy to attack, the more the damage is spread out and higher the likelihood that some or all of the vehicles will survive the engagement. Even with the lightly armored Magrider, 5 of them combined have more armor than 3 Prowlers, which means the Prowlers will be destroyed faster, each time putting the TR tank crew at a larger and larger disadvantage.
Old 2004-01-24, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I have been saying it since the beginning. Make the 12mm a 20mm, problem solved
Old 2004-01-24, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Rbster, better watch your analogies.

Gauss is the best outdoor MA so far.
This next patch it's probably going to be the best Indoors as well.
Killspeed over Range: AGainst NEW ReXo
Old 2004-01-24, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

I think the prowler gunner should be able to use both weapons while there's only 2 people in the tank. If a 3rd gets in the guns work as normal. I think that would solve the weapon issue.

As for armor and speed. I don't think it should be more than the vanguard but the same would be ok. However, if these changes going through then the van starts to look a little weak in comparison since it can do as much damage as the prowler with or without a 3rd gunner. It does have a much slimer profile though and that's more of an advantage than most people make out.

I don't think the guns should be changed, especially not to flak cannons. Skyguards are anti-air not tanks. However, with the direct fire of the Magrider (the best tank in the game imo) with a good gunner, like Augustus said, reavers don't stand a chance.

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
Old 2004-01-24, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

"Just one question for those of you that want the Prowler buffed up.
What will you give up for your empire?"

You tell me what TR has to give up. Our superior MAX units (haha)? Our marvellously unpopular main battle tank? Our Heavy Assault weapon that is now so well balanced as to not be counted as an advantage? Our ponderously slow empire buggy with the 20 shot magazine despite its tripled ROF/damage reduction? Our bugged AV weapon?

Ok, so I guess you mean we might give up the Repeater. All yours, Tex. I'll take the AMP anyhow.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-25, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Veteran
Our ponderously slow empire buggy with the 20 shot magazine despite its tripled ROF/damage reduction?
What's wrong with the Marauder? It's great! I love it.

Admittedly this is only the case, with a dedicated machinegun & Mortar Gunner.
With its multi-tasking abilities (firing at aircrafts & bombing some bad NC's)
I like more seats, means you can move your friends around.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-01-25, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I can accept that some people might love it. It was, until recently, the least certified empire buggy. The only reason it doesn't hold that privilege now is because most VS would rather spend the three certs on Armored Assault.

Enforcer's popularity speaks clearly of its superiority. Faster than the Marauder, more maneuverable and equipped with a missile-system that can one-shot infantry and take out turrets.

As for the 12mm gunner, he or she could be much better spent driving/gunning for a superior vehicle (Skyguard, Deliverer, Air Cavalry). The Marauder is mainly an AI platform, and grount-mounted 12mm is notoriously weak AA.

Purely my opinion.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-25, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Onizuka-GTO

Sorry to get off topic but did you make you sig or did someone else because its ammazing
Old 2004-01-25, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Enforcer rocket only 1-shots agile and below, reinforced barly survives a direct hit. MAXes take 3 shots. Its compleatly useless against any type of non-hovering aircraft.

And have you ever tried gunning an enforcer? The rocket moves very slow and has a reletively limited blast radius. It takes skill to gun an enforcer becaus of the slow projectile and the tendancy for buggies to change elevation angle.

The advantage of the Enforcer is that it can effectively engage medium tanks without access to a tech plant, hence the popularity(which is argueable). However, it dies very quickly to mines, strikers, and yes, even lancers(which are far underused IMO, they're leathal once you get more than one out there).

While the Vangaurd can choose between 150 or 20mm, the Prowler can have them both on separate targets, such as infantry, aircraft, and light and heavy ground vehicles. They do need to change the capacity of the 12mm ammo box though. Its just funny that you can fit 100 150mm round into the same area that you can fit 100 12mm rounds.
Old 2004-01-25, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Bumping the Prowler's 12mm guns to 20mm would be nice, but I've found the 12mm guns to be great with practice. My outfit regularly conducts tank convoys, and I've moved from regularly gunning the main guns to manning the chain guns. It's extremely useful for mowing down infantry, and it's not uncommon to get just as many infantry kills as the 100mm does. Better yet, it lets the big cannons remain trained on the armor and not individual soldiers.

The ammo count for 12mm ammo is, however, pretty silly. At the very least, dramatically increase the number of bullets per box. But again, 20mm cannons would really bring the Prowler up to speed, since they do excellent damage against armor.
Old 2004-01-27, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Furluge
Private

It just drives me insane.. I don't know who thought that having a 12mm gun would balance the fact that you can field fewer tanks...

As for giving something up for the empire? TR's already be constantly nerfed already? What else do you want them to nerf? Have you ever counted the nerfs to TR before?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion