I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its Thinking
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-14, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

I think the biggest problem I have with Planetside 2 is map design.

After like a 12 hour play session today there has been lots of highs and lows, it feels very much like Planetside after the population left. You'll have a massive fight once every few hours but mostly it feels like down time and traveling hoping for your next big fight. Sadly this doesn't happen often enough and I feel like it's down to those small bases in between the big bases. A lot of the time you'll find yourself having to go back and save a point just because there is one person there. These events really spread the population out rather than focusing on the massive base battles we used to have in Planetside like all day and every day back in 2003.

I play TR so I'm not sure what the NC and Vanu are experiencing, however I reckon they're having a vastly different experience as on Indar they only have one front line, where we have two. I'm getting really fed up of seeing the TR being attacked by both NC and Vanu but they by and large leave each other alone. Really this is down to how the map encourages people to just go north and south rather than east and west. We even see this as the TR where all the major paths lead south where you cannot find anything going across.

All I have to say about Esamir is I tried going there once, it was like Silent Hill with all the fog so I have never been back........

Edit: I do have to say the massive TR tank rush earlier was amazing.

Last edited by EVILoHOMER; 2012-10-14 at 07:22 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion