Faction Speific Mobile Artillerys - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: don't hate the player, hate the game.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-14, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nereid
Corporal

Faction Speific Mobile Artillerys

Mobile Artillery was missing from the game until CC came out. But instead of an anient Tech artillery piece I was thinking more on the lines of empire speific Mobile artillerys like for TR several 75mm cannons on a huge spinning gatling like turrent and it would fling 75mm shells at an extreme high ROF completely splashing the area it hit. Like have it fire off 75mm rounds at the rate of 0.25 or something. NC artillery would be one gigantic artillery cannon like 300mm or something with a slow rate of fire but with around 900 damage per shot firing at 3.0. And the Vanu would have an energy cannon simular to that of the Flails with damage and ROF somewhere in between TR and NC. This would fit the factions roles good. The artillerys would be limited in that they cant fire at enimeys that are close to it and they have to deploy to fire like a flail. They wouldnt be able to fire at air units either and anything withing 50-100mm would be below its firing arc. I do believe that mobile artillery should be included in the game but with more restrictions like keeping the flail from shooting targets on the ground that are so close to it. The Flail could be a speacal more advanced version of the faction artillerys just like how the sycthe is more advanced then the ATV vehicles. Leave the Flail with super high damage but limit its close range firing to 50 - 100m out. It should also be made to move slower. As it is now it moves slightly faster then the vanguard and prowler. Please tell me what you all think. Also Ive had this idea in my head for a very long time back when i first started playing PS and before I left for awhile, Just now putting it on paper, I kinda of wished I had done it before CC then maybe it would have made more of an impact then.
Old 2004-04-14, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well moile artilery woudl be cool, it should be more of a tacticaly artilery piece, leave the long range bombardment to teh flials, have these new Empire specific things have only an SOI or so range and a bit less damage

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-14, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JakeLogan
Major

ooooooo I like the TR idea. *drools*
Old 2004-04-14, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vick
Second Lieutenant

huge spinning gatling like turrent
no.

Last edited by Vick; 2004-04-14 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
scarpas
Captain

i dont like it at all.
Old 2004-04-14, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

waht is with everyone calling turrets turrents? there is no 'n'

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-14, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

How about these turrets need a team of people to run them? lets say 3 people who all share XP? One loads the gun, 2nd fires, 3rd reloads repeat.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Make the things insanly easy to blow up (one pod of reaver rockets or something), very big open targets too. Also make them have to deploy on FLAT ground with a limited firing arc (no 360 degree turret). It also takes a team to man them.

1. Driver
2. Light MG gunner
3. Cannoner

Takes a long time for them to deploy/ undeploy. Low ammo too. Make it so you have to constantly resupply the things (maybe an AMS near by and do it on foot)
Old 2004-04-14, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Henya
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PhoenixTypeX
How about these turrets need a team of people to run them? lets say 3 people who all share XP? One loads the gun, 2nd fires, 3rd reloads repeat.
talk about boring............itll be usefull space wasted on peoples harddrives.....honestly how many people do you think are going to sit there and press a button to reload a gun and watch someone else fire it....and hope it hits something...
Old 2004-04-14, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Nereid
like for TR several 75mm cannons on a huge spinning gatling like turrent and it would fling 75mm shells at an extreme high ROF completely splashing the area it hit.
Sounds like the artillery from Ground Control II.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Henya
talk about boring............itll be usefull space wasted on peoples harddrives.....honestly how many people do you think are going to sit there and press a button to reload a gun and watch someone else fire it....and hope it hits something...
Easy: Free, skillless BR. I know you fscking UTer's won't have a clue what I mean when I say this, but some people actually do other things than high-octane action while playing PSide: That's what makes it great.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Cauldron Borne
Captain

^^ The cloaking adv Hack, adv Med, CE agrees^^

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-04-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

TR artillery would have an 8-barrel "Nebelwerfer" style rocket launcher that, while all 8 rockets can be fired quickly, it would have a heavy reload time. It would also require a Laze designation to work properly, as the rockets would fall down at a certain trajectory to hit the lazed target, otherwise they simply travel straight, making them ineffective unless pointed at a stationary target. It would be able to fire at targets on the ground, but it's extremely long reload time would make it vulnerable once all the rockets are gone from the clip. It would be transported on a simple, truck-like vehicle (1 driver, 1 gunner), and would need to b deployed out (spikes come from the side ports of the vehicle) to fire.

The NC would have a massive cannon, like the "Paris" gun utilized by Germany. It would cause devestating damage where it hits, but the per-shot reload time is huge. It also will show up on radar as if it was under detection, thus giving it nearly no radar cover. Also, it would have almost no straight-fire arc, thus limiting it to laze-pointed targets. It would be transported via a massive tank-tread vehicle (driver and gunner), would need to be deployed (stabilizing pads from the sides of the artillery platform), and could only be deployed on flat ground.

The VS would have an interesting artillery piece. It would be 2-barreled, have a pretty good ROF (this to make up for its damaging means, which I will get to later), and fire energy orbs with a laser trail on them. The way that it damages is by making a cloud that causes frequent, heavy damage at anything in its radius (think super-radiator) for a short time (around 3 seconds to compensate for its not-slow-as-dirt ROF), and the actual damage zones would be pretty big to compensate for the actual impact not doing anything. It would be transported via a floating platform (artillery in the middle and 2 hover-generators at either side), and, of course, would need to be deployed in combat to be used (gravlocks coming from the hover gens).

Just me thoughts on the subject.

Old 2004-04-14, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i like

Old 2004-04-15, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

no

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion