High Res Tectures Back!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is mayonnaise a weapon?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-01, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I totally agree with that statement. I also want them to optimize some FPS issues and studdering with the low end systems. Whe I am looking at a wall and nothing there, i shouldn't be getting only 60 frames.
Holy crap your getting 60 fps im hanging around 20-30
Old 2004-03-01, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by infinite loop
This is an absolutey the biggest fucking joke ever. The lasher bug is killing the game, yet it isn't their top priority? Whoever their project manager and business analysts are they should all be fired.
Note: the following is not a real flame. I repeat, I am not flaming you in any way.

With an attitude like that, you will remain on the bottom of the corporate ladder. The best paying jobs you will ever have will involve either a shovel or a wire brush. Unfortunately for the rest of us, that's still enough for basic internet access.

/not flaming, really

Ok, my real reply:

They can't jump around like that with their bug fixes. Rash decisions aren't met well by management, and code fixes like what are required usually take awhile to get through QA without introducing even more bugs.

Rushing a patch only invites disaster.
Old 2004-03-01, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I dunno what the devs are thinking...High Res tectures are much more important that accually letting poor people get some lovin.

Old 2004-03-01, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

well high res textures are more of a vidoe memory thing than a power thing.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

You're whining about 60fps? /boggle

Tell ya what, get back to me when it hovers around 7-11fps and you can get all the way up to the 20s if you're in the middle of an open field staring at the ground.

Sad part is I still hover around 45-50fps (15-20fps in large fights) and I'm now playing on a-
AMD 3k
1.5GB of PC3200 400mhz
9800 Pro 128mb card

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kaymon
Note: the following is not a real flame. I repeat, I am not flaming you in any way.

With an attitude like that, you will remain on the bottom of the corporate ladder. The best paying jobs you will ever have will involve either a shovel or a wire brush. Unfortunately for the rest of us, that's still enough for basic internet access.

/not flaming, really

Ok, my real reply:

They can't jump around like that with their bug fixes. Rash decisions aren't met well by management, and code fixes like what are required usually take awhile to get through QA without introducing even more bugs.

Rushing a patch only invites disaster.
Ok, not really sure where you were going with that first statement, that's just odd. Anyway, I'm not interested in moving up any corporate ladders. Management isn't my thing, I like doing actual work.

As for the second part, I never mentioned that I wanted them to rush out any patches. Just that fixing the lasher should be top priority, whether it takes a week to fix, or 2 months. I just want acknowledgement that they have some kind of logical priorities for bugs and patches. Competent management would realize what is best for the customers, and work on that first, but obviously they're not. No offense, but the code fixes we're used to seeing in PS usually introduce as many bugs as they fix. Seems the QA department should be fired too.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

did you guys also see they are putting back the no lash within 5m
Old 2004-03-01, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Never missed the high res. textures... BEING THAT I CANT RUN THEM AND MOVE MY CHARACTER AT THE SAME TIME!!!... stupid poor'ness, god i cant wait for that tax refund
Old 2004-03-01, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DemiInuyoukai
Private

heh, the person that has annoyed you people so is back
Old 2004-03-02, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
You're whining about 60fps? /boggle

Tell ya what, get back to me when it hovers around 7-11fps and you can get all the way up to the 20s if you're in the middle of an open field staring at the ground.

Sad part is I still hover around 45-50fps (15-20fps in large fights) and I'm now playing on a-
AMD 3k
1.5GB of PC3200 400mhz
9800 Pro 128mb card
Sounds like me. PS's performance leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 2004-03-02, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I totally agree with that statement. I also want them to optimize some FPS issues and studdering with the low end systems. Whe I am looking at a wall and nothing there, i shouldn't be getting only 60 frames.
WOW! 60 FRAMES?! Man, I envy you. I NEVER get that much.

Last edited by SquirrelMan; 2004-03-02 at 12:48 AM.
Old 2004-03-02, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Guys...i meant only 60 frames looking at the ground or a wall with nothing else going on. In zergs it goes down to like 10-15.

Old 2004-03-02, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kaymon
They can't jump around like that with their bug fixes. Rash decisions aren't met well by management, and code fixes like what are required usually take awhile to get through QA without introducing even more bugs. Rushing a patch only invites disaster.
Hmm, ok, I will believe that when they stop rushing through change patches. The lasher changes is a very good example of this. NOWHERE did they mention they were changing the lash distance. Then poof, its in the game and bugged beyond belief. Heck, they were even confused to whether the lasher change was a parameter change or a code change, AFTER they had changed it. However, this may all be OBE according to Duffman's post (POST the link please sir).

BTW, my intention is not to flame the devs, they have a hard enough job. But for just once, I wish they would really fix the bugs in the game FIRST, then worry about introducing new content (AFTER extensive bug testing).

Edited to correct the quote.

Edit x2: Found the note from spork:
Originally Posted by SporkfirePS
posted 03-01-2004 04:31 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're going to be implementing the Lasher's 5m before lashing restriction. The other bugs are in the QA database for verification, debugging and resolution. However, I do not have a timeframe yet. Same goes for the lock-on issues.
As for the Implant balance pass... Renaming an implant requires a person who knows how to open a text document and change a word. Changing an implant's behavior requires a significant amount of time from a Programmer.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.

Last edited by KIAsan; 2004-03-02 at 03:53 PM.
Old 2004-03-02, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Hmm, ok, I will believe that when they stop rushing through change patches. The lasher changes is a very good example of this. NOWHERE did they mention they were changing the lash distance. Then poof, its in the game and bugged beyond belief.
This is taken straight from the patch notes:

Lasher
The Lasher's clip size is being increased to hold 25 rounds, and its reload time is being shortened. The Lash effect will no longer be restricted at ranges of less than 5 meters.
Found here:
http://planetside.station.sony.com/g...=Game&id=60684

If you're trying to debate with me, it would do you well to do your homework instead of looking like an ass.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by KIAsan
However, this may all be OBE according to Duffman's post (POST the link please sir).
its in the rest of the thread

i saw your edit too just posting for others too see
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion