Auraxium and its issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I guess one grief point won't hurt......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-14, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Auraxium and its issues

With the last big patch, Auraxium was removed from bases, and is now awarded for Gaining XP.

This is a temporary thing, because SOE is right now working on completely removing Auraxium, and putting weapon unlocks on the Cert tree.

And this is a bad idea.
Why: Regardless of Weapon unlocks being on the Cert tree or via Auraxium, with the current system, you unlock stuff by getting XP, and you get XP by fighting. While this sounds like a good idea to remove AFK folks at warpgates, and fix the whole Esamir situation (one empire dominating it forever to gain all the Auraxium), it introduces a much more critical issue: There is no more reason to fight.

Right now, on the beta servers, there are people everywhere trying to find a target that makes sense to attack. But there isn’t any. Bases don’t reward you with anything special you need. Getting more territory in general also has no use, as you quickly reach the Cap of the resource count, and once you have enough income, its almost impossible to not have enough resources for whatever you want to do.
I'm pretty sure a lot of you noticed that as well.

I don’t know what the best idea is to fix the Auraxium problems we had. I have a few ideas myself, but I have no idea if they are the best possible solution, or if they just introduce new problems.
But I know one thing for sure: Right now, I have no reason to log in. There is no reason to fight, other than gaining XP.
Right now, Planetside 2 wouldn’t hold my attention for more than a month after release. And im saying that as a diehard Planetside fan, who played PS1 for the first time in 2004, and went crazy when SOE announced Planetside 2.

We need to go back to the old system, and fix its problems, rather than completly throwing it over board.

If you think like me, make your voice heard. Otherwise, we end up stuck with a system that removes the soul out of Planetside 2.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...o-shine.31970/

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion